Login    Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » GENERAL CHAT » The news stand

Share On:

Post subject: No sun no justice
 Post Posted: Sun May 31, 2020 6:07 pm 
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-london-52868465

These marches and subsequent mayhem never happen when its snowing?

Share on Facebook Facebook Share on Twitter Twitter
 Post subject: Re: No sun no justice
 Post Posted: Sun May 31, 2020 8:53 pm 
Manager
Manager

You can't get your hat on can you ...whether you agree with the principle or not ,surely now is not the time for this sort of mass gathering.
Still...only in London (well and the USA of course).

Post Posted: Mon Jun 01, 2020 7:56 am 
Manager
Manager

davejonesears wrote:
You can't get your hat on can you ...whether you agree with the principle or not ,surely now is not the time for this sort of mass gathering.
Still...only in London (well and the USA of course).

Not just London now. It will spread when someone hands out rocks and shouts " Free TVs!"

Post Posted: Mon Jun 01, 2020 12:55 pm 
Manager
Manager

It's meetings like that as well as the bloody idiots crammed onto beaches when told to stay away that will see the UK one of the last countries to fully come out of lockdown . I wonder what toilets these lot all used..??? Back alleyways and gardens, no doubt.. :roll:

Post Posted: Fri Jun 05, 2020 6:21 pm 
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Lessons in logic 1:

Covid 19 affects BAME people proportionately worse than others
Black lives matter
Let's all gather together in mass groups to protest against racism

Post Posted: Fri Jun 05, 2020 7:36 pm 
Manager
Manager

Left back wrote:
Lessons in logic 1:

Black lives matter

Absolutely. They are asking the government "what are you going to do for us?". Well they could ban these bloody marches for a start. To think the death of one man (terrible, I know) could be the catalyst to the death of many more due to these idiots. By the way I`ve heard they are marching in Wolverhampton tomorrow.

Post Posted: Sat Jun 06, 2020 12:30 am 
Manager
Manager

desiwulf wrote:
Left back wrote:
Lessons in logic 1:

Black lives matter

Absolutely. They are asking the government "what are you going to do for us?". Well they could ban these bloody marches for a start. To think the death of one man (terrible, I know) could be the catalyst to the death of many more due to these idiots. By the way I`ve heard they are marching in Wolverhampton tomorrow.

I think if the government tries to ban these marches they will only be accused of rasism so it's not worth them even trying-As the saying goes damned if you do damned if you don't.

One can only hope that at least the knowledge of the negative impact these mass gatherings could will have will do enough to at least stop some from attending.

& that common sense prevails..but somehow I doubt it.

As for Wolverhampton - well tbh they are welcome to it- at least the shops will be shut!

edited to add -
Just when you thnk Trump can't say anything more stupid he proves us all wrong- what an imbecile.

Post Posted: Sat Jun 06, 2020 11:04 am 
Manager
Manager

Well, with the weather being poor today, very windy, drizzly and cloudy here where I live, not many will be going down to the beaches I would imagine...but then again with so many morons around, who can tell..?? The same sort of people saying that they will not yet go back to their workplace, nor send their kids back to school, as it is "far too dangerous.."..but do not find it dangerous to drive fair distances to a beach and sit with hundreds of other nutters. No sun, lots of justice..:-)

Post Posted: Sat Jun 06, 2020 11:20 am 
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

davejonesears wrote:
desiwulf wrote:
Left back wrote:
Lessons in logic 1:

Black lives matter

I think if the government tries to ban these marches they will only be accused of rasism so it's not worth them even trying-As the saying goes damned if you do damned if you don't.

One can only hope that at least the knowledge of the negative impact these mass gatherings could will have will do enough to at least stop some from attending.

& that common sense prevails..but somehow I doubt it.

As for Wolverhampton - well tbh they are welcome to it- at least the shops will be shut!

edited to add -
Just when you thnk Trump can't say anything more stupid he proves us all wrong- what an imbecile.

Yes, the government couldn't dare ban them despite being against lockdown regulations (gatherings of more than 6) but there are clearly plenty who will attend either through their own justified anger or, sadly, as opportunists. We hear that the R rate is still close to 1 (above in NW?) and this could create a spike putting at risk many of the protesters and their contacts and making a mockery of the slogan.

As for Trump, he tends to show the traits of narcissism and is pretty close to despotic, he should have been challenged by his own senior team many times and removed but they are either his cronies or fearful for their jobs. Unfortunately he still appeals to many of the voters in the southern, traditionally segregational, areas and could be voted in again.

Post Posted: Sat Jun 06, 2020 11:22 am 
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

gladbachwolf wrote:
Well, with the weather being poor today, very windy, drizzly and cloudy here where I live, not many will be going down to the beaches I would imagine...but then again with so many morons around, who can tell..?? The same sort of people saying that they will not yet go back to their workplace, nor send their kids back to school, as it is "far too dangerous.."..but do not find it dangerous to drive fair distances to a beach and sit with hundreds of other nutters. No sun, lots of justice..:-)

Lessons in logic 2.

Post Posted: Sat Jun 06, 2020 2:11 pm 
Manager
Manager

I realise the Government cannot ban the mass gatherings, I was just trying to highlight the irony really. To complain the BAME community are not getting help from the Government and then behaving so recklessly defies logic. The thought of Trump getting re-elected defies sanity.

Post Posted: Sat Jun 06, 2020 2:41 pm 
Manager
Manager

desiwulf wrote:
I realise the Government cannot ban the mass gatherings, I was just trying to highlight the irony really. To complain the BAME community are not getting help from the Government and then behaving so recklessly defies logic. The thought of Trump getting re-elected defies sanity.

I think they will move to ban marches after next week.

A sensitive issue I know but having allowed some protests I think they will be working with organisers to encourage a sensible solution , but will move to ban future ones if the organisers ignore requests.

I can't actually see what the goverment can do to help the BAME community tbh, other than offer the correct protection & that should be offered to all - as you say we need to help oursleves as well.

As for Trump - his inital election defied logic so watch this space - surely Americans can't be that stupid ...again...can they?

Post Posted: Sat Jun 06, 2020 3:38 pm 
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

davejonesears wrote:
desiwulf wrote:

I think they will move to ban marches after next week.

A sensitive issue I know but having allowed some protests I think they will be working with organisers to encourage a sensible solution , but will move to ban future ones if the organisers ignore requests.

I can't actually see what the goverment can do to help the BAME community tbh, other than offer the correct protection & that should be offered to all - as you say we need to help oursleves as well.

As for Trump - his inital election defied logic so watch this space - surely Americans can't be that stupid ...again...can they?

The moon on a stick usually suffices, without of course the rendering of any of them offering meaningful solutions, all dependant on their current malaise too.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-london-52947265

Hopefully we will see some local knees taken by the WOKE permanently horrified brigade, I somehow doubt it though.
The biggest killer of young black men in Europe, North America, South America, It would be churlish to include Africa, are.... young black men.

Until the BAME communities face up to that fact and stop being perpetual victims the rage will continue.

Post Posted: Sun Jun 07, 2020 1:17 pm 
Manager
Manager

Spot on, Rozza. The biggest cause of young Black mens deaths in London this last couple of years or so is KNIFE CRIME, perpetuated on Black young men by Black young men. Sort that out and you're on the road to recovery and redemption. Let it continue and things will only get even worse.

Post Posted: Sun Jun 07, 2020 2:38 pm 
Manager
Manager

oooo careful boys you don't want the thought police getting wind of this train of thought & coming down on you like a ton of bricks telling you what to think, and what to say- with the accompanying faceless vitriol of social media.

I see Labour are now reverting to type getting in on the act - Nandy saying "as long as they socially distance" apparently all is fine- just ignore the fact thats impossible to do.

Oh and of course the obligatory ignoring of the violence from these 'mostly peaceful' demonstrations.

Still when you see the 'intelligent' banners containing such thought provoking statements such as ACAB...then what do you expect.

I agree that the death is an absolute disgrace btw - and shows America up for what it is.

Pressure for reform there should come from the highest levels from any decent country -and yes I do include the UK in that group - unfortunatley I don't think it will make much difference.

Once we have pushed for consistency in laws and their enforcement there maybe we push for it here...

Post Posted: Sun Jun 07, 2020 4:50 pm 
Manager
Manager

Gone on long enough now - what the fuck were the police doing.

Before anyone starts - I don't like nor accept mob rule- should be concentrating on changing the future not airbrushing the past-No sympathy from me any longer- fuck em.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-52954305

Post Posted: Sun Jun 07, 2020 10:09 pm 
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

davejonesears wrote:

Before anyone starts - I don't like nor accept mob rule- should be concentrating on changing the future not airbrushing the past-No sympathy from me any longer- fuck em.

I wondered that myself. I bet there are thousands of Police officers up and down the country thinking how was that allowed to happen, who was in charge of that operation, who would allow their officers to just sit by and allow wanton criminality to publicly occur on their watch and do jack shit about it, regardless of the validity of the cause.

The fundamental premise of the Police is to save life and protect property, simple. I watched the BBC news tonight to see a ginger bearded Supt called Andy Bennett defending his forces reaction to this civil unrest, his response was totally in support of the crowds actions mitigating his inaction by hiding behind safety. I would have had at least a modicum of respect for him if he had just said "We aint got no resources at the best of times, on Sunday we are really in the shit"

If I was the home secretary tonight, I would be requiring the CC of Avon and Somerset Police to be in my office tomorrow at 9am together with Mr Bennett.

I would be personally skullfucking them both and I would be issuing Mr Bennett with a pair of trunks and some goggles with the instructions of fishing some bronze out the river on his own and also trying to find the rest of his career whilst he is down there before sticking the twat in some less resolute roles such as the garden theft unit.

The Police dont have an opinion, the Police dont take sides, the Police are there to uphold and enforce the law of the lands they occupy, it is a simple ethos lost on some but agreed by most.

Post Posted: Sun Jun 07, 2020 11:49 pm 
Manager
Manager

Rozza wrote:
davejonesears wrote:

I wondered that myself. I bet there are thousands of Police officers up and down the country thinking how was that allowed to happen, who was in charge of that operation, who would allow their officers to just sit by and allow wanton criminality to publicly occur on their watch and do jack shit about it, regardless of the validity of the cause.

The fundamental premise of the Police is to save life and protect property, simple. I watched the BBC news tonight to see a ginger bearded Supt called Andy Bennett defending his forces reaction to this civil unrest, his response was totally in support of the crowds actions mitigating his inaction by hiding behind safety. I would have had at least a modicum of respect for him if he had just said "We aint got no resources at the best of times, on Sunday we are really in the shit"

If I was the home secretary tonight, I would be requiring the CC of Avon and Somerset Police to be in my office tomorrow at 9am together with Mr Bennett.

I would be personally skullfucking them both and I would be issuing Mr Bennett with a pair of trunks and some goggles with the instructions of fishing some bronze out the river on his own and also trying to find the rest of his career whilst he is down there before sticking the twat in some less resolute roles such as the garden theft unit.

The Police dont have an opinion, the Police dont take sides, the Police are there to uphold and enforce the law of the lands they occupy, it is a simple ethos lost on some but agreed by most.

Well it was - obviously now its not ,it's to allow criminality if it appears doing anything about it would exacerbate a 'tricky situation'.

The BBC yet again fan the flames by giving one of the participants a vehicle from which to explain his actions.

Its always a tricky one when having to consider what people did in vastly different times.

That by no means excuses actions of course- but you can't judge out of context - history (ironically) isn't alway black and white.

Unless of course you happen to be History Prof David Olusoga who stated Colston was 'a murderer' -
I assume he's got the evidence to back that up.

Let's hope Boris going to do something about this flagrant flouting of the law- fuck what Lisa Nandy thinks.

However in fairness it seems some of the protests have been more creative than agressive - so theres some semblence of respect there.

I see the mayor of Bristol agrees with the democratic decision of the Bristol people to remove the statue.....I think he's a self serving c**t.

Post Posted: Mon Jun 08, 2020 3:18 pm 
Manager
Manager

I am totally ashamed to be British after the events over the past weekend both in London and Bristol and also at numerous other places. The head of the Police in Bristol probably decided not to intervene as the crowds were extremely hostile and he felt that he did not have sufficient manpower to control it safely. What on earth causes mindless louts to cause this damage to both property and also policemen and women all because of an admittedly shocking incident and death in the USA..?? You cannot use that incident there to cause havoc, vandalism and mayhem over here in UK towns and cities. Sure, that incident and death was disgraceful and shows up the American Police for what they have been over there for many years, heavy handed and to a fair degree, institutionally racist. But for people to cause such damage and mayhem and injuries to UK Police is not acceptable at any level and especially during these Corona Virus days we are all suffering through. I would recommend bringing the Army out on to the streets as things stand and bang some heads together amongst these "protesters". The Police cannot handle such numerous crowds alone and need help, so a few thousand armed squaddies roaming the streets will sort out some of the scumbags from last weekend. Otherwise, it will happen again and again as they all feel aggrieved about so many issues, not just the death in the USA and the incident involving Dominic Cummings during lockdown makes them think they now have carte blanche to go out in crowds despite the advice for Social Distancing. And the silence from the Labour Party speaks volumes..I wonder how many Tories were amongst that shower of shit over the weekend..??

Post Posted: Mon Jun 08, 2020 3:53 pm 
Manager
Manager

gladbachwolf wrote:
I am totally ashamed to be British after the events over the past weekend both in London and Bristol and also at numerous other places. The head of the Police in Bristol probably decided not to intervene as the crowds were extremely hostile and he felt that he did not have sufficient manpower to control it safely. What on earth causes mindless louts to cause this damage to both property and also policemen and women all because of an admittedly shocking incident and death in the USA..?? You cannot use that incident there to cause havoc, vandalism and mayhem over here in UK towns and cities. Sure, that incident and death was disgraceful and shows up the American Police for what they have been over there for many years, heavy handed and to a fair degree, institutionally racist. But for people to cause such damage and mayhem and injuries to UK Police is not acceptable at any level and especially during these Corona Virus days we are all suffering through. I would recommend bringing the Army out on to the streets as things stand and bang some heads together amongst these "protesters". The Police cannot handle such numerous crowds alone and need help, so a few thousand armed squaddies roaming the streets will sort out some of the scumbags from last weekend. Otherwise, it will happen again and again as they all feel aggrieved about so many issues, not just the death in the USA and the incident involving Dominic Cummings during lockdown makes them think they now have carte blanche to go out in crowds despite the advice for Social Distancing. And the silence from the Labour Party speaks volumes..I wonder how many Tories were amongst that shower of shit over the weekend..??

So are most of the protesters..

The Inspector and the mayor courting votes since are just as subversive attitudes in my opinon

There was no silence form the Labour Party- see Lisa Nandys statement supporting them....

Post Posted: Mon Jun 08, 2020 4:34 pm 
Manager
Manager

So are most of the protesters..

The Inspector and the mayor courting votes since are just as subversive attitudes in my opinon

There was no silence form the Labour Party- [color=#40FF40]see Lisa Nandys statement supporting them....[/quote][/color]

I did hear it yesterday morning and did post a thread commenting about it on the "Corona" thread on here yesterday lunchtime..she was frightened to condemn it as most, if not all the protesters, would be Labour supporters / voters...cowardice. Starmer was relatively silent though but did make a comment about the statue vandalism in Bristol on LBC radio this morning..

Post Posted: Mon Jun 08, 2020 5:28 pm 
Manager
Manager

Dawn Butler screamed at the interviewer who asked her about the legality of the riots. She asked how could anyone have the morals to even question their actions.

Post Posted: Mon Jun 08, 2020 6:05 pm 
Manager
Manager

suiging wrote:
Dawn Butler screamed at the interviewer who asked her about the legality of the riots. She asked how could anyone have the morals to even question their actions.

Everyone has the right to question everything- Its this more than anything that really annoys me.

Ensure people are scared to even question -never mind challenge -criminal behaviour or ulterior motives lest they be smote from high above with the keyboard of the liberal millenial warrior- shamed for all to see on the high altar of social media with righteous woke indignation and damned as racists for ever more.

or something lke that.

Post Posted: Mon Jun 08, 2020 6:11 pm 
Manager
Manager

Oh and furthermore as a blasphemer they shall be stoned to death - but not until (and I want to make this absolutley clear) not until I blow this whistle....

Post Posted: Mon Jun 08, 2020 7:34 pm 
Manager
Manager

:clap2 Well done BBC, excellent timing to show the drama "Sitting in limbo".

Post Posted: Mon Jun 08, 2020 11:42 pm 
Manager
Manager

Interestingly enough on the Smithsonian Channel tonight a program Combat Ships:Destroyers & Cruisers - about HMS Gannet.- (edited to add Its repeated a few times Tuesday.)

HMS Gannet was one of the ships of the West Africa Squadron who patrolled the West coast of Africa after Britain abolished its slave trade in 1807.

This Royal Navy squadron was created in an attempt to cease the Slave trade from teh West Coast to the Americas.

Once that was complete it moved onto the East Coast stopping the Slave trade bewteen Sultans in East Africa & the Middle East.

Interesting article and further reading:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/West_Africa_Squadron

http://thejuicyreport.com/the-west-afri ... ave-trade/

I have to admit I knew very little of this.

Obviously does not excuse previous slave trading but an interesting perspective on Victorian Britains lead role in stopping it.

I doubt you would ever see much/any mention of this on the BBC or Channel 4 of course - just saying.

Post Posted: Tue Jun 09, 2020 2:50 pm 
Manager
Manager

That Queen Victoria has a lot to answer for on her watch....:-)

Post Posted: Tue Jun 09, 2020 4:57 pm 
Manager
Manager

gladbachwolf wrote:
That Queen Victoria has a lot to answer for on her watch....:-)

She certainly insisted on every slave in her Empire being freed.

Post Posted: Tue Jun 09, 2020 8:51 pm 
Manager
Manager

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-london-52977088

Who is making these decisions , and under what authority?

The statue was removed by the local authority to "recognise the wishes of the community"...is that right so its only them that need to be considered then ...did you ask them all ?

More importantly where will it stop - Churchill next ?

Air brushing history tends to lead to questions as to the motives and justifications of those making the decisions.

Its a very dangerous political game people are now playing far deeper than just Slave Traders-councils shoud not be just makeing arbitary decisions to garner political kudos.

Right or wrong it needs to be seen to be a consIdered approach-with consistent criteria in order to ensure transparency.

Knee jerk reactions will invariably be seen to justify mob rule & fan the flames of the right.

See Khan has to stick his oar in , at least said he did not consider statues of the likes of Churchill to be included in the review.

Well thats OK then , thank you Mr Khan.

Post Posted: Wed Jun 10, 2020 8:28 am 
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Time to start burning books.

Things that should be eradicated from history.

1) To kill a mockingbird
2) Forrest Gump
3) Michael Bates in It aint half hot mom and anyone shouting "Blatant Puffery" too.
4) Dick Emery dressing as a woman.
5) Uncle Toms cabin.
6) The adventures of Huckleberry Finn
7) Mrs Doubtfire
8 Goodness gracious me.
9) The Life of Brian
10) Ska Music performed by white bands.

Board index » GENERAL CHAT » The news stand