Login    Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » GENERAL CHAT » The news stand




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 125 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Share On:

Author Message
 Post subject: Re: No sun no justice
 Post Posted: Wed Jun 10, 2020 10:05 am 
Offline
Manager
Manager

Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2007 1:38 am
Posts: 17221
Location: Moved
So I can't watch Little Britain. Gone With The Wind, an absolute outrage. But why can I still watch White Chicks ? A film where black policemen dress up as, and mock, white college girls. Surely that's as shocking to all the cultural misappropriation crowd ? The film was rank as well.

_________________
Dyslexics lives mattress


Top 
 Profile  
 
Share on Facebook Facebook Share on Twitter Twitter
 Post subject: Re: No sun no justice
 Post Posted: Wed Jun 10, 2020 10:13 am 
Offline
Manager
Manager

Joined: Sat Feb 13, 2010 5:46 pm
Posts: 4197
indeed - who will censor the censors- who even are the censors.

Seriously it is time to question this and challenge it before it runs away with all rationality.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: No sun no justice
 Post Posted: Wed Jun 10, 2020 10:20 am 
Offline
Manager
Manager

Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2007 1:38 am
Posts: 17221
Location: Moved
When a minority want to change history, they are one step away from burning books ( pulling down statues). We have already had celebrities urging a boycott of certain race's shops. Book burning, statue falling, calls for boycotts of business on racial lines? Mmmmm, where have I heard that before ? You learn from history. You only destroy it if you wish to dictate by violence if you don't have your way. 6% of people in Bristol voted for that statue to be removed in the most recent popular poll. That 6% have had their way by violence. Emboldened by their success, what next ?

_________________
Dyslexics lives mattress


Last edited by suiging on Wed Jun 10, 2020 11:04 am, edited 1 time in total.

Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: No sun no justice
 Post Posted: Wed Jun 10, 2020 11:03 am 
Offline
Manager
Manager

Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2007 1:38 am
Posts: 17221
Location: Moved
BLM spokesperson on BBC just said the taking down of statues, just the beginning. And so it starts.

_________________
Dyslexics lives mattress


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: No sun no justice
 Post Posted: Wed Jun 10, 2020 1:02 pm 
Offline
Manager
Manager

Joined: Thu Feb 19, 2004 8:17 pm
Posts: 8144
Location: Swindon, Wiltshire
Isn't it now quite noticeable that people join these "crusades" as a sort of fashionable trend that looks to be good to be seen supporting etc..?? Extinction Rebellion and now this BLM..whilst there are admirable points in their agendas, they do go OTT in trying to get them enforced either legally or by violent or obstructive means. This BLM movement has gathered pace naturally since George Floyd's shocking death and people over here have gone way over the top about it also being the same here too. Look at Raheem Sterling's comments stating "there is only one virus we are fighting now, and that's racism.." How ignorant and insulting to those who have lost loved ones to the virus. Anthony Joshua, Lewis Hamilton, Rio Ferdinand all weighing in with their words of an oppressed race...well, all I can see is the fact that Mr, Floyd was a convicted criminal with a record of robbery, assault, theft with a firearm, cocaine possession, passing fake money notes and on the day he sadly died, was full of assorted drugs. Hardly an ideal role model for a martyr...and yet the followers of BLM cannot or refuse to see this...

And now we face the removal of lots of historical statues, rightly or wrongly in some cases but a knee jerk reaction to appease the mobs. We are caving in to the violent mobs who understand little else in life but getting at authority, government and councils, injuring police officers and wanting their particular agendas implementing. This will all start to increase the numbers of BNP members etc and we start to slide down the sticky slope again and a racial civil war might not be too unthinkable a prospect soon, things are getting very heated and very controversial and just how long will it be before the average Joe Soap gets sick of it all and wants to be a local vigilante..?? How long before the Army is sent out on to the streets to assist the police? All this during a worldwide health pandemic too, appalling.

_________________
In the kingdom of the blind, the one-eyed man is King.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: No sun no justice
 Post Posted: Wed Jun 10, 2020 4:12 pm 
Offline
Manager
Manager

Joined: Sat Feb 13, 2010 5:46 pm
Posts: 4197
gladbachwolf wrote:
Isn't it now quite noticeable that people join these "crusades" as a sort of fashionable trend that looks to be good to be seen supporting etc..?? Extinction Rebellion and now this BLM..whilst there are admirable points in their agendas, they do go OTT in trying to get them enforced either legally or by violent or obstructive means. This BLM movement has gathered pace naturally since George Floyd's shocking death and people over here have gone way over the top about it also being the same here too. Look at Raheem Sterling's comments stating "there is only one virus we are fighting now, and that's racism.." How ignorant and insulting to those who have lost loved ones to the virus. Anthony Joshua, Lewis Hamilton, Rio Ferdinand all weighing in with their words of an oppressed race...well, all I can see is the fact that Mr, Floyd was a convicted criminal with a record of robbery, assault, theft with a firearm, cocaine possession, passing fake money notes and on the day he sadly died, was full of assorted drugs. Hardly an ideal role model for a martyr...and yet the followers of BLM cannot or refuse to see this...

And now we face the removal of lots of historical statues, rightly or wrongly in some cases but a knee jerk reaction to appease the mobs. We are caving in to the violent mobs who understand little else in life but getting at authority, government and councils, injuring police officers and wanting their particular agendas implementing. This will all start to increase the numbers of BNP members etc and we start to slide down the sticky slope again and a racial civil war might not be too unthinkable a prospect soon, things are getting very heated and very controversial and just how long will it be before the average Joe Soap gets sick of it all and wants to be a local vigilante..?? How long before the Army is sent out on to the streets to assist the police? All this during a worldwide health pandemic too, appalling.


pretty much yes - All I can suggest is writing to your MP and of course Boris- for what good it will do , but at least they will know.

I'm all for a reasoned approach & response, but not to knee jerk reactions by political bodies just looking after themselves.

As far as I am concerned the government needs to take control of this- tough decisions need to be made before this runs away, somehow I doubt Boris has the balls to do that.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: No sun no justice
 Post Posted: Wed Jun 10, 2020 8:03 pm 
Offline
Manager
Manager

Joined: Tue Feb 02, 2010 11:02 pm
Posts: 4745
Location: Staffordshire
What, exactly, do they want? I am truly puzzled. I thought everyone has the opportunity to get on in this Country if they want to. Why are people clamouring to come here if they are going to be subject to such terrible inopportunity and hatred?


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: No sun no justice
 Post Posted: Wed Jun 10, 2020 8:55 pm 
Offline
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager
User avatar

Joined: Thu May 04, 2006 8:02 pm
Posts: 3230
Location: Location Location!!!
Massive strides have been taken in the UK in terms of stamping out racism in the last few decades, but despite this people seem to be going out of their way to find stuff to get offended by.

I think this latest 'uprising' from the disobedient minority will potentially undo much of the good work done in the past and in fact harden the stance of right leaning citizens or even push centre ground people towards the right. But in blur of their own self righteousness, none of them can see the damage they are doing.

_________________
"Stay Umble" Nuno


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: No sun no justice
 Post Posted: Wed Jun 10, 2020 10:23 pm 
Offline
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Joined: Sun Mar 12, 2006 6:09 pm
Posts: 21492
Location: Four Oaks
lankywolf wrote:
Massive strides have been taken in the UK in terms of stamping out racism in the last few decades, but despite this people seem to be going out of their way to find stuff to get offended by.

I think this latest 'uprising' from the disobedient minority will potentially undo much of the good work done in the past and in fact harden the stance of right leaning citizens or even push centre ground people towards the right. But in blur of their own self righteousness, none of them can see the damage they are doing.


Welcome back Lanky. You express my concerns.

_________________
The next level awaits - Champions League or, err, Championship


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: No sun no justice
 Post Posted: Thu Jun 11, 2020 6:25 am 
Offline
Manager
Manager

Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2007 1:38 am
Posts: 17221
Location: Moved
The media and all the usual suspects have been desperately looking for a scapegoat to prove that the Left and BLM are not the instigators of violence , it's those nasty right-wing thugs and football supporters ( Delia Smith and Prince William, prime examples of neanderthals)

As if from heaven, this weekend, lads from Clubs in London will mobilise to protect Churchill and other national, cultural icons, from wanton destruction. These criminals will of course get the blame if there is a confrontation, how dare they stand up for this country's heroes !!

No one, and I mean mean no one, in the mainstream media, Hackney, or North Kensington, will note that if a mob doesn't turn up to destroy our heritage, there will be no confrontation? ........Surely?

_________________
Dyslexics lives mattress


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: No sun no justice
 Post Posted: Thu Jun 11, 2020 11:39 am 
Offline
Manager
Manager

Joined: Thu Feb 19, 2004 8:17 pm
Posts: 8144
Location: Swindon, Wiltshire
Left back wrote:
lankywolf wrote:
Massive strides have been taken in the UK in terms of stamping out racism in the last few decades, but despite this people seem to be going out of their way to find stuff to get offended by.

I think this latest 'uprising' from the disobedient minority will potentially undo much of the good work done in the past and in fact harden the stance of right leaning citizens or even push centre ground people towards the right. But in blur of their own self righteousness, none of them can see the damage they are doing.


Welcome back Lanky. You express my concerns.



Me too, nicely put and also welcome back on here Lanky..

_________________
In the kingdom of the blind, the one-eyed man is King.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: No sun no justice
 Post Posted: Thu Jun 11, 2020 2:49 pm 
Offline
Manager
Manager

Joined: Sat Feb 13, 2010 5:46 pm
Posts: 4197
So Churchill and now Baden Powell - censorship is a dangerous thing- unfetted censorship based on teneous criteria doubly so.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-dorset-53004638

I also saw a recent petition noted only 8% of Bristolians wanted that statue withdrawn .
Now I know thats not the point but it highlights the issues in regards these decisions.

They cannot be arbitarty based on the woke aspirations or associated 'guilt' of certain members of the council.

Black Lives Matter are not undipsuted aribters of history- no matter what they consider themselves to be.

Dangerous precendents can be set here - and must be challenged appropriately lest feeedoms become dictated to by a mob rule minority.


Last edited by davejonesears on Fri Jun 12, 2020 12:41 am, edited 1 time in total.

Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: No sun no justice
 Post Posted: Thu Jun 11, 2020 3:19 pm 
Offline
Manager
Manager

Joined: Thu Feb 19, 2004 8:17 pm
Posts: 8144
Location: Swindon, Wiltshire
Absolutely, DJE.

_________________
In the kingdom of the blind, the one-eyed man is King.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: No sun no justice
 Post Posted: Thu Jun 11, 2020 4:49 pm 
Offline
Manager
Manager

Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2007 1:38 am
Posts: 17221
Location: Moved
I have just watched Anthony Joshua advertising deodorant. I do hope it was a 'black' owned company. As he's told his followers to only buy from black business's, he surely couldn't be that much of a hypocrite to take from 'whitey'.... Surely?

_________________
Dyslexics lives mattress


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: No sun no justice
 Post Posted: Fri Jun 12, 2020 12:39 am 
Offline
Manager
Manager

Joined: Sat Feb 13, 2010 5:46 pm
Posts: 4197
suiging wrote:
I have just watched Anthony Joshua advertising deodorant. I do hope it was a 'black' owned company. As he's told his followers to only buy from black business's, he surely couldn't be that much of a hypocrite to take from 'whitey'.... Surely?


Has he - I didnlt know that.

I don't follow boxing anyway so don't care personally but that may not be the best career move ever made.
Does that make him a racist btw, given how easy it is to cast that 'badge' around these days?

Still its a way of further dividing the population , same as that Asian doctor htat blogged it was 'time to pick a side'.

BLM haven't come out and said that people should respect property either (proabably think all property is theft), or realised that the way things are panning out it's not going to further their cause at all -as Desiwolf (I think) said above.

So it can be confidently assumed they do not want to move forward towards harmony and equality they merely want to divide and destroy- So as a movement its not a side I think I can pick.

I also understand (maybe siuing mentioned it? ) certain factions are promoting going to 'protect' certain statues this weekend.

Boris' inaction in this regards may have consequences- he needed to be stronger in the signals he sent out this week , the man does not lead.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: No sun no justice
 Post Posted: Fri Jun 12, 2020 7:25 am 
Offline
Manager
Manager

Joined: Tue Feb 02, 2010 11:02 pm
Posts: 4745
Location: Staffordshire
A Fawlty Towers episode the latest victim. This is ridiculous now. I worry with this weak Government but God knows where we would be if Labour were in charge.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: No sun no justice
 Post Posted: Fri Jun 12, 2020 10:06 am 
Offline
Manager
Manager

Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2007 1:38 am
Posts: 17221
Location: Moved
BLM have cancelled their next protest to avoid violence. “Antifascists support Black Lives Matter” however, an organisation founded, and funded by Momentum, have said they will confront those 'thugs' that stand around their national heritage trying to stop it from being destroyed.

Why am I not surprised?

_________________
Dyslexics lives mattress


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: No sun no justice
 Post Posted: Fri Jun 12, 2020 10:14 am 
Offline
Manager
Manager

Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2007 1:38 am
Posts: 17221
Location: Moved
“Show them where it hurts, abstain from spending your money in their shops and economies, and invest in black-owned businesses." A Joshua, multi-millionaire.


Now he said many things in his speech, including a plea against violence. But this is one sentence he claims, that has been taken out of context, and has hurt his feelings. Make your own mind up. And while your'e on, consider Lewis Hamilton. A man standing against his hated British history, while proudly wearing his sponsors leathers, Audi, VW and Hugo Boss. Boss who made his fortune manufacturing SS uniforms, and the other proud German companies who used slave labour and beat Jewish workers to death who did not meet their quotas. But that's OK, they were ..........

_________________
Dyslexics lives mattress


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: No sun no justice
 Post Posted: Fri Jun 12, 2020 10:38 am 
Offline
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Joined: Mon Feb 23, 2004 11:55 pm
Posts: 18887
suiging wrote:
“Show them where it hurts, abstain from spending your money in their shops and economies, and invest in black-owned businesses." A Joshua, multi-millionaire.


Now he said many things in his speech, including a plea against violence. But this is one sentence he claims, that has been taken out of context, and has hurt his feelings. Make your own mind up. And while your'e on, consider Lewis Hamilton. A man standing against his hated British history, while proudly wearing his sponsors leathers, Audi, VW and Hugo Boss. Boss who made his fortune manufacturing SS uniforms, and the other proud German companies who used slave labour and beat Jewish workers to death who did not meet their quotas. But that's OK, they were ..........


You summed up perfectly why I have stopped watching coverage of the issues now, the sheer hypocrisy of it all.
The American football stars in particular, they are each paid tens of millions of dollars per year to play football and publicly bemoan how they are denied privilege and demeaned because of the colour of their skin, this in a sport where no less than 75% of the players are black?

Black actors being allowed airtime to whinge about how they were "Diminished" by a comment from someone several years before they became successful , pplleease give it a rest.

The Duchess of Sussex complains about her struggle!! kin jesus Christ on a bike :roll:

I wonder how many people in Syrian refugee camps, or huddled together in the rubble of Yemen would swap every thing they had for just a day in these whining fuckers lives.

I foresee in the near future a series of prison riots from inmates who are only incarcerated because they are people of colour.

_________________
There is no substitute for hard work.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: No sun no justice
 Post Posted: Fri Jun 12, 2020 11:24 am 
Offline
Manager
Manager

Joined: Sat Feb 13, 2010 5:46 pm
Posts: 4197
Rozza wrote:
suiging wrote:
“Show them where it hurts, abstain from spending your money in their shops and economies, and invest in black-owned businesses." A Joshua, multi-millionaire.


Now he said many things in his speech, including a plea against violence. But this is one sentence he claims, that has been taken out of context, and has hurt his feelings. Make your own mind up. And while your'e on, consider Lewis Hamilton. A man standing against his hated British history, while proudly wearing his sponsors leathers, Audi, VW and Hugo Boss. Boss who made his fortune manufacturing SS uniforms, and the other proud German companies who used slave labour and beat Jewish workers to death who did not meet their quotas. But that's OK, they were ..........


You summed up perfectly why I have stopped watching coverage of the issues now, the sheer hypocrisy of it all.
The American football stars in particular, they are each paid tens of millions of dollars per year to play football and publicly bemoan how they are denied privilege and demeaned because of the colour of their skin, this in a sport where no less than 75% of the players are black?

Black actors being allowed airtime to whinge about how they were "Diminished" by a comment from someone several years before they became successful , pplleease give it a rest.

The Duchess of Sussex complains about her struggle!! kin jesus Christ on a bike :roll:

I wonder how many people in Syrian refugee camps, or huddled together in the rubble of Yemen would swap every thing they had for just a day in these whining fuckers lives.

I foresee in the near future a series of prison riots from inmates who are only incarcerated because they are people of colour.



I agree entirely , I have stopped watching as its just 'noise' now -if thats what they wanted to achieve its worked.

You would have thought communicating and thought provoking would have been better but hey what do I know.

As for 'privilege' yes there are many blacks who have far more money & status than me- strange how even those seem to feel oppressed by the white man.

Oh at least Boris has a solution for the statue issue. Is it dialogue , is it strong leadership , no its boardng them up.

Watch it kick off this weekend - BLM know this and have now decided to dstance themselves from it all - yeah right too little too late from them.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: No sun no justice
 Post Posted: Fri Jun 12, 2020 1:04 pm 
Offline
Manager
Manager

Joined: Thu Feb 19, 2004 8:17 pm
Posts: 8144
Location: Swindon, Wiltshire
What a total disgrace that the statues of Churchill and at the Cenotaph have been covered over to protect them from weekend violence and damage or even toppling. The UK in 2020 is so far different to the one I have known most of my life that emigration is a serious matter to consider now for me....this last week or two has tipped me over the edge and that is without the strains and stresses of Corona Virus either...my tolerances and patience have moved from the centre to the outside. Greta Thunberg, Extinction Rebellion, Black Lives Matter...well, not my cups of tea for life in retirement in the UK... :roll:

_________________
In the kingdom of the blind, the one-eyed man is King.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: No sun no justice
 Post Posted: Fri Jun 12, 2020 7:36 pm 
Offline
Manager
Manager
User avatar

Joined: Sun Feb 08, 2009 1:59 pm
Posts: 19230
Location: WV4 and WL4
I pray they don't erase Balls Of Steel, as Militant Black Guy was ace.

_________________
Thank you very much for Stevie Bull. Thank you very much, thank you very, very, very much.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: No sun no justice
 Post Posted: Sat Jun 13, 2020 4:03 pm 
Offline
Manager
Manager

Joined: Sat Feb 13, 2010 5:46 pm
Posts: 4197
I see the BBC are reporting in their usual unbiasd way...The sooner the license fee is abolished the better.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: No sun no justice
 Post Posted: Sat Jun 13, 2020 5:04 pm 
Offline
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Joined: Mon Feb 23, 2004 11:55 pm
Posts: 18887
davejonesears wrote:
I see the BBC are reporting in their usual unbiasd way...The sooner the license fee is abolished the better.


Its quite funny how last week it was the righteous and hurt and this week it is the ultra right wing football associates??
I have a number of friends who are the most middle of the road going, dads, granddads, retired, hard working middle class persons who wouldn't say boo to a thingy, and to a man they are furious at the one sided biased left wing narratives the BBC are constantly shovelling out.

_________________
There is no substitute for hard work.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: No sun no justice
 Post Posted: Sat Jun 13, 2020 9:40 pm 
Offline
Manager
Manager

Joined: Sat Feb 13, 2010 5:46 pm
Posts: 4197
davejonesears wrote:
I see the BBC are reporting in their usual unbiasd way...The sooner the license fee is abolished the better.
e

Edited to add: Having said that they havent done themselvs any favours whatsoever & made it easy for the media - disgraceful behaviour.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: No sun no justice
 Post Posted: Sun Jun 14, 2020 9:33 am 
Offline
Manager
Manager

Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2007 1:38 am
Posts: 17221
Location: Moved
davejonesears wrote:
davejonesears wrote:
I see the BBC are reporting in their usual unbiasd way...The sooner the license fee is abolished the better.
e

Edited to add: Having said that they havent done themselvs any favours whatsoever & made it easy for the media - disgraceful behaviour.


But that was always going to happen. The group that first travelled down and became aggressive, seemed to come from Barnsley and West Brom for God's sake. Not the sharpest of tools in anyone's box. They didn't do themselves any favours as they were manipulated into being there by their hated enemy, the Left and they swallowed the hook like the guppies they are. The Home Secretary, and Indeed the PM have been played like patsies. By not robustly defending our National Heritage ( like Australia did) the Left have stirred up folk in society to such a degree, that they acted without thinking. Of course BLM cancelled their march, they were never going to allow themselves to be seen as aggressors. Momentum and Antifa encouraged hated "Northerners" to come into their own backyard - wound them up for a few media shoots, and then picked them off on their way home. Classic insurgency tactics, and to be frank, tactics that should have been spotted by the "Veterans" long before the consequences unfolded. The media will now make hay, as will BLM and Momentum. Own goal doesn't come close.

_________________
Dyslexics lives mattress


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: No sun no justice
 Post Posted: Sun Jun 14, 2020 11:14 am 
Offline
Manager
Manager

Joined: Sat Feb 13, 2010 5:46 pm
Posts: 4197
suiging wrote:
davejonesears wrote:
davejonesears wrote:
I see the BBC are reporting in their usual unbiasd way...The sooner the license fee is abolished the better.
e

Edited to add: Having said that they havent done themselvs any favours whatsoever & made it easy for the media - disgraceful behaviour.


But that was always going to happen. The group that first travelled down and became aggressive, seemed to come from Barnsley and West Brom for God's sake. Not the sharpest of tools in anyone's box. They didn't do themselves any favours as they were manipulated into being there by their hated enemy, the Left and they swallowed the hook like the guppies they are. The Home Secretary, and Indeed the PM have been played like patsies. By not robustly defending our National Heritage ( like Australia did) the Left have stirred up folk in society to such a degree, that they acted without thinking. Of course BLM cancelled their march, they were never going to allow themselves to be seen as aggressors. Momentum and Antifa encouraged hated "Northerners" to come into their own backyard - wound them up for a few media shoots, and then picked them off on their way home. Classic insurgency tactics, and to be frank, tactics that should have been spotted by the "Veterans" long before the consequences unfolded. The media will now make hay, as will BLM and Momentum. Own goal doesn't come close.


Coulud not agree more- absolutely spot on.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: No sun no justice
 Post Posted: Sun Jun 14, 2020 4:10 pm 
Offline
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Joined: Mon Feb 23, 2004 11:55 pm
Posts: 18887
Those brain dead, burly, useless fuckwits have no place in my England. I hope they get corona and refuse treatment from a black doctor or nurse and shuffle off this mortal coil to the great benefit of humanity.
Once again the target of the scum were the Police, the protesters of yesterday are the same as the pseudo guardians of morality that selfishly fucked about last week, useless and egocentric.

None of the groups represent the people who made England great, the greatest country in the world, the most equitable, fair and embracing country bar none.

The liberties that England provide allow the both sides of fuckin arseholes the opportunity to publicly protest, yet they deride the honour by using violence and intimidation.

_________________
There is no substitute for hard work.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: No sun no justice
 Post Posted: Sun Jun 14, 2020 4:59 pm 
Offline
Manager
Manager

Joined: Tue Feb 02, 2010 11:02 pm
Posts: 4745
Location: Staffordshire
Rozza wrote:
Those brain dead, burly, useless fuckwits have no place in my England. I hope they get corona and refuse treatment from a black doctor or nurse and shuffle off this mortal coil to the great benefit of humanity.
Once again the target of the scum were the Police, the protesters of yesterday are the same as the pseudo guardians of morality that selfishly fucked about last week, useless and egocentric.

None of the groups represent the people who made England great, the greatest country in the world, the most equitable, fair and embracing country bar none.

The liberties that England provide allow the both sides of fuckin arseholes the opportunity to publicly protest, yet they deride the honour by using violence and intimidation.


Bang on. As you said, brain dead.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: No sun no justice
 Post Posted: Sun Jun 14, 2020 9:37 pm 
Offline
Prediction League Winner 2015/16
Prediction League Winner 2015/16

Joined: Wed May 30, 2007 10:34 pm
Posts: 9648
Location: The Cotswolds
Rozza wrote:
Those brain dead, burly, useless fuckwits have no place in my England. I hope they get corona and refuse treatment from a black doctor or nurse and shuffle off this mortal coil to the great benefit of humanity.
Once again the target of the scum were the Police, the protesters of yesterday are the same as the pseudo guardians of morality that selfishly fucked about last week, useless and egocentric.

None of the groups represent the people who made England great, the greatest country in the world, the most equitable, fair and embracing country bar none.

The liberties that England provide allow the both sides of fuckin arseholes the opportunity to publicly protest, yet they deride the honour by using violence and intimidation.


Beautifully put. Spot on. But we HAVE to change our attitude to policing. The 'nicely-nicely - with the people for the people' works fine in a march full of nice people who are genuine believers in a (possibly mis-guided?) cause.

but we ALSO know that nearly every march is hi-jacked by the loonies on both sides. Both seem intent on being like the worst football hooligans - oh so brave in a mob, but pathetic wimps individually. Both seem intent on attacking the police, and the price KNOW it is going to happen, and just stand there and take the abuse (and worse) hurled. If they dare 'retaliate', the liberal middle classes who the police are there to defend and protect start bleating about 'police brutality'.

I am sorry to say, but until the police are give carte blanche to 'take back the streets from the thugs' and hand it back to the rest of us, we will not get anywhere. I don't care if they baton charge, charge with horses, spray with water cannon (preferably containing indelible dye the only attaches to skin not buildings!)... but we HAVE to NOT allow young people see the scenes where police are treated with such contempt by the thugs. It is an AWFUL example to set. It MUST be stopped!

Rant over!

_________________
Prediction League Winner 2018-19
Prediction League Winner 2015-16


E Tenebris Oritur Lux - The Power of Positivity


Top 
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
 
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 125 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Board index » GENERAL CHAT » The news stand


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests

 
 

 
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  

The Wolf will always be free to its members, but if you feel you would like to contribute towards the running costs, than please feel free to donate.

 

 

Disclaimer : This forum is for the general discussion/topic of Wolverhampton Wanderers. What is said within the forum is personal opinions, and The Wolf will not be held responsible. Your ip is logged for security reasons. The forum is viewable by the public and any topics you disclose/discuss can be viewed by the public. Some topics on this forum may only be suitable for those aged 18+.