Share On:

Post subject: Re: Which Apple Mac?
 Post Posted: Mon Dec 15, 2014 2:58 pm 
Manager
Manager

Moscow Wolf wrote:
Embers wrote:
whelp wrote:
not a great analogy there embers as the operating systems are very different.

my mate bry has loads of mac things and won't buy a PC, we have constant discussions about which is better and never come to a conclusion.

until you've lived with one you will never know, I find they way they do things is infuriating and backwards but Bry reckons it has a natural flow that makes sense. For me they are expensive nonsense (like a prius or similar) that doesn't really work properly. i'll stick to my Mazda 6

I totally get where you're coming from, and having never used a Mac before, I'd basically be going on my mate's advice. He said he'd convince me, so I'll see what he has to say on Saturday. For the record, I have a very smart Hugo Boss suit, but my beer belly, and ample buttocks, render it unwearable at present, and for the same reason, I've got a Jaeger suit that I've only worn once :oops:

I have a Hugo Boss and an Armani suit hanging in my wardrobe neither of which, I can now fasten the waist on so, that is why I buy a Marks n Sparks suit with two pairs of trousers one for then and one for now.

Last time I walked out of the changing room in the Shrewsbury M&S wearing a grey suit I was trying on with a black shirt, the Merchandiser got all steamy eyed like. You've either got it or you ain't and it ain't the inside or outside label that always counts, so incorporate that fact into your computer buying episode, but FFS, hurry up and buy at least ONE as this is getting boring now. :wink: :lol:

Fook off :lol: After having a chat with me mukka on Saturday, I think I might buy a Mac, and run Windows 7 on it as a VM, and have the best of both worlds. As soon as I get my new toy, I shall post a picture.

Share on Facebook Facebook Share on Twitter Twitter
 Post Posted: Mon Dec 15, 2014 3:10 pm 
Manager
Manager

if you don't mind me saying mr embers, that sounds like the biggest fucking faff in history.

plus you'll get splinters in your arse.

www.vwcaddy.com

Post Posted: Mon Dec 15, 2014 3:41 pm 
Manager
Manager

whelp wrote:
if you don't mind me saying mr embers, that sounds like the biggest fucking faff in history.

Feck it whelp, it's time for a change, and I ay gettin any younger.

Post Posted: Mon Dec 15, 2014 3:56 pm 
Manager
Manager

Embers wrote:
whelp wrote:

nor am I mate!

still sounds like a piss about, might be easier using parallels to run windows in altho if yr mate knows what he is doing then let him carry on.

www.vwcaddy.com

Post Posted: Mon Dec 15, 2014 5:49 pm 
Manager
Manager

whelp wrote:
Embers wrote:
whelp wrote:

nor am I mate!

still sounds like a piss about, might be easier using parallels to run windows in altho if yr mate knows what he is doing then let him carry on.

...or BootCamp, either way I'll need to get a Windows 7 license.

Post Posted: Mon Dec 15, 2014 8:42 pm 
Manager
Manager

Quote:
..or BootCamp, either way I'll need to get a Windows 7 license.

Ive got a couple of xp licenses, problem is they aint a lot of use now. Best os ever and ms pull the plug

www.vwcaddy.com

Post Posted: Mon Dec 15, 2014 9:21 pm 
Manager
Manager

What's the fookin point of splashing out on a Mac and loading it with Windows 7 - why not just work in DOS if you're going hybrid. :lol:

It's like sticking a Rolls Royce Silver Cloud engine in a fookin East German Trabant, it'll get some attention, folk will smile at the ingenuity and then forget about it.

Just buy one of the two options and stick with what comes bundled with it insofar as operating systems go. The licensed software seems to have come down considerably since Android are taking over the mobile computer world. I paid a lot less for my Windows 8, 64 bit Ultimate than I did for Windows 7, 64 bit Ultimate and Vista before that.

As a none professional user, I can't really tell the difference between XP, Vista, Windows 7 or 8 the latter about which I am yet to experience, all I can say is that Bill Gates is CNUT when it don't work and I've fired off many a frustrated on-line message to tell him what I think. :wink:

Mark Twain

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCl3PabIYDTl_WqVc4Aitv_g

https://twitter.com/wolf_moscow

Post Posted: Mon Dec 15, 2014 9:37 pm 
Manager
Manager

Moscow Wolf wrote:
What's the fookin point of splashing out on a Mac and loading it with Windows 7 - why not just work in DOS if you're going hybrid. :lol:

It's like sticking a Rolls Royce Silver Cloud engine in a fookin East German Trabant, it'll get some attention, folk will smile at the ingenuity and then forget about it.

Just buy one of the two options and stick with what comes bundled with it insofar as operating systems go. The licensed software seems to have come down considerably since Android are taking over the mobile computer world. I paid a lot less for my Windows 8, 64 bit Ultimate than I did for Windows 7, 64 bit Ultimate and Vista before that.

As a none professional user, I can't really tell the difference between XP, Vista, Windows 7 or 8 the latter about which I am yet to experience, all I can say is that Bill Gates is CNUT when it don't work and I've fired off many a frustrated on-line message to tell him what I think. :wink:

The deed has been done, I now await the arrival of my baby. Running Windows on it, just gives me the best of both worlds, but it was time for a change, so I can have the best of both worlds. I fully intend on using my new lapdog to the best of it's potential. 2015, is The Year of The Embers!

I was a bit of a fashion whore as a youth, and still have an eye for something stylish. Besides, I got a nice tax refund after ringing HMRC to see whether or not the fookers were factoring in my missing business mileage (first 10,000 miles at 45 ppm, not 25ppm the company pay) in to my tax code. NO she says, nor for the past couple of years, so I shall be firing off a P87 to see if I can claim another windfall. The fookers are quick enough to take your money.

My Lino also reminded me that I'll be getting two out-of-hours on-call payments this month, so that should be another 500 sovs in me back bin, an early Chrimbo pressie. Ibiza here we come :lol:

Post Posted: Tue Dec 16, 2014 8:45 am 
Manager
Manager

QUICK - Lock the thread MOD before he changes his mind. :lol:

Mark Twain

Post Posted: Tue Dec 16, 2014 11:51 am 
Manager
Manager

Moscow Wolf wrote:

Too late!

Any road, what did you end up buying SEL? Surely you haven't ummed and arrred like me?

Post Posted: Sun Dec 21, 2014 1:05 pm 
Manager
Manager

Embers wrote:
Moscow Wolf wrote:

Too late!

Any road, what did you end up buying SEL? Surely you haven't ummed and arrred like me?

Aye, I've ummed and arred and have decided to renew my Norton. :oops:

I'll get a lower priced Apple Mac one day whilst daughter's still a student, though.

The Liquidator... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4m0yny9f0MY&NR=1

Post Posted: Sun Dec 21, 2014 7:46 pm 
Manager
Manager

Embers - OSx is an absolute breeze mate. Don't bother with Windows 7, it's worth the day or two to familiarise yourself with the mac operating system.

I would recommend Microsoft office still as Excel and Word best Pages and Numbers for me.. But I enjoy Keynote more than PowerPoint.

What language do you code with Embers? I am currently learning Ruby online with a subscription to teamtreehouse.com which I think is bloody amazing online schooling.

Sent from my Phone using Fingers

Post Posted: Mon Dec 22, 2014 1:35 am 
Manager
Manager

LA Wolf wrote:
Embers - OSx is an absolute breeze mate. Don't bother with Windows 7, it's worth the day or two to familiarise yourself with the mac operating system.

I would recommend Microsoft office still as Excel and Word best Pages and Numbers for me.. But I enjoy Keynote more than PowerPoint.

What language do you code with Embers? I am currently learning Ruby online with a subscription to teamtreehouse.com which I think is bloody amazing online schooling.

LA, I've got a copy of 7, which I'm going to Bootcamp in, and drop Oracle 12c in with Developer Days, as I know Oracle, and want to do some stuff with it's front end bits. Code wise, JavaScript to begin with, to wet me feet again, I haven't coded for a while. I shall have a nose at Ruby...I like some of Kenny Rogers stuff.

Post Posted: Tue Dec 23, 2014 12:24 am 
Manager
Manager

I started with Ruby so it kind of makes sense to me, but supposedly it's completely alien for anyone who knows Java or PhP. Don't know Oracle.. What you building? Without being too open..

Post Posted: Tue Dec 23, 2014 8:16 pm 
Manager
Manager

LA Wolf wrote:
I started with Ruby so it kind of makes sense to me, but supposedly it's completely alien for anyone who knows Java or PhP. Don't know Oracle.. What you building? Without being too open..

Ruby On Rails sounds pretty swish, open source running applications using a web server, and sounds like a nice technology mix. Basically, The Wench has her own crafts sideline, so I thought a couple of pet projects for this, would get me up and running. A website, order control system, etc, nothing major to begin with.

Post Posted: Sun Dec 28, 2014 4:23 pm 
Manager
Manager

Got an Apple Mac in the end - the one up from basic. Got everything sorted with sound coming through from Wolves Player less than five seconds before Dicko scored. :P

Thanks for the correspondence. :wink:

The Liquidator... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4m0yny9f0MY&NR=1

Post Posted: Sun Dec 28, 2014 6:45 pm 
Manager
Manager

SELWolf wrote:
Got an Apple Mac in the end - the one up from basic. Got everything sorted with sound coming through from Wolves Player less than five seconds before Dicko scored. :P

Thanks for the correspondence. :wink:

Glad you got that sorted - care to post the model name so I can have a peek at one on Tinternet?

Mark Twain

Board index » MEMBERS LOUNGE » Help and advice