Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » GENERAL CHAT » The news stand

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 253 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Share On:

Post Posted: Fri Jun 09, 2017 12:10 pm 
Manager
Manager

Yes, so glad that Alex Salmond is out, an arrogant spiteful twat. Great that the SNP is weakened too, second Independence referendum..?? Not now. However, our country is in a right mess politically now...a real nightmare scenario of uncertainty and horse trading.

Share on Facebook Facebook Share on Twitter Twitter
 Post Posted: Fri Jun 09, 2017 12:41 pm 
Manager
Manager

So May's arrogance cost her dearly, but she and her party came first??
Labour made gains, but came second by nearly 60 seats and are celebrating losing a third consecutive election??
Jimmy Krankie in Scotland wants a second and third independent referendum, if she loses the second, but her position in her own country is considerably weaker today??
Britain returned, to a two party country with leaders from the also rans, either resigning, hiding, or in the DUP's case, with 10 seats, less than 1% of the total vote, thinking they have won the lottery??

And the England football team, are playing internationals in June??
Strange world we live in??

Post Posted: Fri Jun 09, 2017 3:56 pm 
Manager
Manager

Message for Mayhem.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sUFFRd2 ... UFFRd27YDw

Post Posted: Fri Jun 09, 2017 4:11 pm 
Manager
Manager

knocker knowles wrote:

Which Tory MP do you want as the new prime minister?

Post Posted: Fri Jun 09, 2017 5:04 pm 
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

The Election was totally driven by the young vote, the same vote that woke up one morning a few months ago to learn that Brexiteers had won and all because they didnt bother voting.
They voted in their record numbers and voted Labour, simples really, none have them have ever sat on a nationalised train I suppose or being forced to join a Union or you dont get the job.

Nice to see the old crone May finally having to suck her own mop, the same mop she has been shoving up the collective chuffs of public service workers the last few years particularly those illiterate, over paid, lazy Police.

Post Posted: Fri Jun 09, 2017 6:47 pm 
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Rozza wrote:
The Election was totally driven by the young vote, the same vote that woke up one morning a few months ago to learn that Brexiteers had won and all because they didnt bother voting.
They voted in their record numbers and voted Labour, simples really, none have them have ever sat on a nationalised train I suppose or being forced to join a Union or you dont get the job.

Nice to see the old crone May finally having to suck her own mop, the same mop she has been shoving up the collective chuffs of public service workers the last few years particularly those illiterate, over paid, lazy Police.

Yep I think it will be interesting what happens when they get a bit older :)

I wonder if they voted for policy or Corbyn ...as if it was policy - then maybe Labour would have done even better with a different leadership group??

As for May yes I can see that Revenge is a dish best served cold :)

Post Posted: Fri Jun 09, 2017 8:39 pm 
Manager
Manager

THE BIG BAD WOLF wrote:
Didn't help Mrs May scaring off you oldies with the dementia tax, worst campaign in memory, that manifesto collapsed their support. I think the polls showing a big Con win caused some to sit on their hands. Good for the Union that the SNP lost so many.

Me mukka says the Tory who put the manifesto together, also lost his seat! Perhaps Tezza should have given Alastair Campbell a tinkle for some advice!

Post Posted: Fri Jun 09, 2017 9:06 pm 
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

THE BIG BAD WOLF wrote:
Didn't help Mrs May scaring off you oldies with the dementia tax, worst campaign in memory, that manifesto collapsed their support. I think the polls showing a big Con win caused some to sit on their hands. Good for the Union that the SNP lost so many.

I was more frightened about the dementia tax meself.

Post Posted: Fri Jun 09, 2017 9:51 pm 
Manager
Manager

Ah well, it's all over. May got exactly the same percentage vote as Maggie did in 1983, and Labour lost their third General Election in a row

Same old same old.

Post Posted: Fri Jun 09, 2017 10:03 pm 
Manager
Manager

Post Posted: Fri Jun 09, 2017 10:08 pm 
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Perhaps this may herald the dawn of both the young and the old actually insisting to vote in an election rather than ignoring it for lesser shite.
Perhaps we are at the point where a vanguard of young and old voters can actively kick our lazy bastard, entrenched, traditionalist politicians up their collective arses from now, whats not to like?

Post Posted: Fri Jun 09, 2017 11:09 pm 
Manager
Manager

Rozza wrote:
Perhaps this may herald the dawn of both the young and the old actually insisting to vote in an election rather than ignoring it for lesser shite.
Perhaps we are at the point where a vanguard of young and old voters can actively kick our lazy bastard, entrenched, traditionalist politicians up their collective arses from now, whats not to like?

This.

Post Posted: Sat Jun 10, 2017 7:17 am 
Manager
Manager

shropswolf wrote:
knocker knowles wrote:

When the Tories had their last leadership contest the one I feared could prove a struggle for Jeremy Corbyn was Stephen Crabb.
I think he's a bright mind and a quick mind who gets to the route of situations quickly.

What I hope for after Theresa May is Boris Johnson, because I believe Jeremy could call him out then annihilate him in public debate.

I dont think many of these Tory front benchers have much in the way of deep thinking and are reliant on sound bite which basically makes them vulnerable to close inspection.

Thats the gain for Jeremy Corbyn, the younger more educated voter is looking for detail in the policy not just a few words and slogans knocked up by an advertising company.

I think we are reaching the stage where enough people will vote for a John Lennon over a Cliff Richard.
Thats always been Labours curse the majority of Sun readers love a bit of Devil Woman.

Post Posted: Sat Jun 10, 2017 10:08 am 
Manager
Manager

Rozza wrote:
THE BIG BAD WOLF wrote:

I'd forgotten about that, how do I claim it. :wink:

Mark Twain

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCl3PabIYDTl_WqVc4Aitv_g

https://twitter.com/wolf_moscow

Post Posted: Sat Jun 10, 2017 10:17 am 
First XI
First XI

shropswolf wrote:
knocker knowles wrote:

Ruth Davidson. A woman with brains, personality, spirit and, metaphorically speaking, balls.

Post Posted: Sat Jun 10, 2017 10:38 am 
First XI
First XI

Theresa May is deeply flawed. A very evasive character, who fought a campaign on personalities. Her strong and stable bollocks versus the ultra left-wing anti everything trot who makes promises his party cannot possibly keep. Problem is - she ain't got a personality. As wooden as a park bench.

How on earth she was encouraged to fight a campaign on such a useless and evasive manifesto god only knows.

No party will ever get away with threatening to clobber the old. Old catweasle spotted this and added to the stupidity of May's folly by promising 'free money' to students. He made promise after promise to just about everybody. Promises he knew he wouldn't have to actually deliver. And May and her brain-dead special advisers (special needs is more like it) hadn't the gumption to react.

Politicians - useless, the majority of 'em. A discredited Prime Minister who needs the D.U.P to form a fragile government. Brexit negotiations begin soon. Why bother? The EU will make mincemeat of her and she will face so much opposition from with the lower and upper chambers it will take closer to 10 years than 2 to complete Brexit, if at all.

Post Posted: Sat Jun 10, 2017 10:49 am 
Manager
Manager

Moscow Wolf wrote:
Rozza wrote:
THE BIG BAD WOLF wrote:

I'd forgotten about that, how do I claim it. :wink:

What tax ?

Post Posted: Sat Jun 10, 2017 10:55 am 
First XI
First XI

Rozza wrote:
THE BIG BAD WOLF wrote:

The dementia tax. I knew I was worried about summat but couldn't remember. As for the SNP, isn't it just sublime that anti-english zealots like Salmond and Robertson have been chucked out? How marvellous to know we won't have to suffer Robertson's 'I have drunk my own piss' face in parliament any longer?

As for Sturgeon, she doesn't know whether to shit, shave or shampoo now. Bloody awful anti-english bitch that we can all ignore from now on.

Post Posted: Sat Jun 10, 2017 10:57 am 
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

CANNOCK WOLF wrote:
So May's arrogance cost her dearly, but she and her party came first??
Labour made gains, but came second by nearly 60 seats and are celebrating losing a third consecutive election??
Jimmy Krankie in Scotland wants a second and third independent referendum, if she loses the second, but her position in her own country is considerably weaker today??
Britain returned, to a two party country with leaders from the also rans, either resigning, hiding, or in the DUP's case, with 10 seats, less than 1% of the total vote, thinking they have won the lottery??

And the England football team, are playing internationals in June??
Strange world we live in??

Losing is the new winning.

Interesting May got more votes than Blair in 97, Corbyn also got more votes than any Labour leader since Blair in 97. Give people a choice and they actually vote.

http://www.steadfasttrust.org.uk/

Post Posted: Sat Jun 10, 2017 10:59 am 
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Embers wrote:
THE BIG BAD WOLF wrote:

Me mukka says the Tory who put the manifesto together, also lost his seat! Perhaps Tezza should have given Alastair Campbell a tinkle for some advice!

Corbyn took Napoleon Dynamite's advice, tell them you make all their dreams come true.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BEJFWoAVJz4

Post Posted: Sat Jun 10, 2017 11:05 am 
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Deano's Golden Boots wrote:
shropswolf wrote:
knocker knowles wrote:

Ruth Davidson. A woman with brains, personality, spirit and, metaphorically speaking, balls.

She isn't an MP though, not proven is a big issue for me.

I would go for David Davis in the short term, he has always been highly competent, got a lot of experience, connects well enough with voters and actually supported Brexit.

Post Posted: Sat Jun 10, 2017 11:27 am 
Manager
Manager

Politicians - useless, the majority of 'em. A discredited Prime Minister who needs the D.U.P to form a fragile government. Brexit negotiations begin soon. Why bother? The EU will make mincemeat of her and she will face so much opposition from with the lower and upper chambers it will take closer to 10 years than 2 to complete Brexit, if at all.[/quote]

Totally agree, DGB....very, very few are fit for purpose and do they ever really follow up their manifesto promises / pledges and introduce them..?? 65 years on this planet tells me.......no.

Post Posted: Sat Jun 10, 2017 11:28 am 
Manager
Manager

Rozza wrote:
THE BIG BAD WOLF wrote:

The dementia tax. I knew I was worried about summat but couldn't remember. As for the SNP, isn't it just sublime that anti-english zealots like Salmond and Robertson have been chucked out? How marvellous to know we won't have to suffer Robertson's 'I have drunk my own piss' face in parliament any longer?

As for Sturgeon, she doesn't know whether to shit, shave or shampoo now. Bloody awful anti-english bitch that we can all ignore from now on.[/quote]

Absolutely..!!!

Post Posted: Sat Jun 10, 2017 12:02 pm 
First XI
First XI

Which Tory MP do you want as the new prime minister?[/quote]

Ruth Davidson. A woman with brains, personality, spirit and, metaphorically speaking, balls.[/quote]

She isn't an MP though, not proven is a big issue for me.

I would go for David Davis in the short term, he has always been highly competent, got a lot of experience, connects well enough with voters and actually supported Brexit.[/quote]

She saved the Tories' bacon with her performances in the Scottish Parliament. A stunning performer who put Sturgeon in her place time after time. A PM in the making if ever I saw one.

I agree that Davis is a safe pair of hands. Thoughtful and considered and a brexiteer to boot. A decent choice.

Post Posted: Sat Jun 10, 2017 2:32 pm 
First XI
First XI

I notice that May's two "special aides", Hill and Timothy have both resigned. Why give them the option? Should have been SACKED, the useless pair of twats.

The manifesto and campaign was so dreadful it makes you wonder if those two bastards are guilty of sabotage. 140K a year each to put together the worst effort of a campaign in living memory. It takes a special pair of assholes to turn a certain landslide victory into a barely scraped survival.

They were hated by most conservative MPs before the election due to alleged superiority syndrome. They were unelected bureaucrats who assumed all the authority of high office. The twat Timothy was responsible for the destroy-the-pensioners dementia tax and end the triple lock policy. Buffoon should never work again.

Post Posted: Sat Jun 10, 2017 4:27 pm 
Manager
Manager

Strong and stable.

Post Posted: Sat Jun 10, 2017 4:48 pm 
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

I notice that May's two "special aides", Hill and Timothy have both resigned. Why give them the option? Should have been SACKED, the useless pair of twats.

The manifesto and campaign was so dreadful it makes you wonder if those two bastards are guilty of sabotage. 140K a year each to put together the worst effort of a campaign in living memory. It takes a special pair of assholes to turn a certain landslide victory into a barely scraped survival.

They were hated by most conservative MPs before the election due to alleged superiority syndrome. They were unelected bureaucrats who assumed all the authority of high office. The twat Timothy was responsible for the destroy-the-pensioners dementia tax and end the triple lock policy. Buffoon should never work again.

Absolutely DGB... I was going to vote Tory for the first time in my life, but the outrageous handling of the campaign saw me spoil my vote instead. Shame there wasn't a viable alternative to turn to.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

Post Posted: Sun Jun 11, 2017 6:30 am 
Manager
Manager

The games up, Mrs Weak and Wobbly should be gone by Tuesday, shes on Paul Lambert time.

Survation - who got the result pretty spot on - has done a Mail on Sunday poll.
If election was tomorrow:
Lab 45% (+5%)
Con 39% (-4%)

Post Posted: Sun Jun 11, 2017 7:49 am 
Manager
Manager

So when we go to the polls once again the question asked of you will be.

Do you want a strong and stable leader like Jeremy Corbyn.

OR.

A coalition of chaos featuring the Tories and DUP.

That's the message which sweeps Jeremy into Downing Street.

Post Posted: Sun Jun 11, 2017 12:15 pm 
Manager
Manager

knocker knowles wrote:
So when we go to the polls once again the question asked of you will be.

Do you want a strong and stable leader like Jeremy Corbyn.

OR.

A coalition of chaos featuring the Tories and DUP.

That's the message which sweeps Jeremy into Downing Street.

But faced with the now realistic prospect of Corbyn as PM, the Tories who abandoned May will flock back: the Tories are only 9 seats short of a majority, Labour a whopping 64.

Of course, May will not be allowed to lead another election in any case.

Jezza profited from being up against the worst campaign from any incumbent in living history. And even with that, he is 64 seats short of the target.

There is no way the Tories would repeat the same cock-ups again. Their next manifesto will be one long love letter to the elderly and a spoonful of sugary tax cuts all round (even if they never implement these).

Another election so soon most likely means a Tory majority, with the second outcome being another hung parliament. Labour needs to take the long-term view, let the Tories hang themselves with this shambles term in office, wobbly leader, in fighting, Brexit will be an utter mess and lead at least in the short term to financial stagnation (at best)/utter downturn at worst.

Labour can watch from the sidelines - not our mess. Get proper people back on board and in the critical positions (no Diane Abbott home secretary ffs), and take power in 2021/2.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 253 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Board index » GENERAL CHAT » The news stand