Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » WWFC » Match day stickies




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 91 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Share On:

Author Message
 Post Posted: Sat Aug 19, 2017 5:20 pm 
Offline
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
User avatar

Joined: Thu Feb 19, 2004 3:59 pm
Posts: 20168
Location: Newbiggin-by-the-Sea
SpaceMonkey wrote:
Cally wrote:
I fucking hate Neil Warnock.


Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk


Just about sums it up for me :lol:

We'll always have that play-off final though. :wink:


I'd take a Play-Off finish to beat the prick again.


Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk


Top 
 Profile  
 
Share on Facebook Facebook Share on Twitter Twitter
 Post Posted: Sat Aug 19, 2017 5:22 pm 
Offline
Manager
Manager

Joined: Sun Oct 07, 2007 9:19 pm
Posts: 6753
We will learn more from losing this game, than winning it..

_________________
In this world, you only, have one life - and I gave mine to Wolves.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post Posted: Sat Aug 19, 2017 5:26 pm 
Offline
Manager
Manager
User avatar

Joined: Sat Aug 09, 2008 10:28 pm
Posts: 11190
CANNOCK WOLF wrote:
We will learn more from losing this game, than winning it..


Based on the last few years, we must be the one of wisest teams in the country.

_________________
Wolves' Head of Football Development & Recruitment Kevin Thelwell added: "Grant Holt has been at a lot of clubs and there is a reason for that - he is a very good player."


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post Posted: Sat Aug 19, 2017 5:30 pm 
Offline
Manager
Manager

Joined: Sun Oct 07, 2007 9:19 pm
Posts: 6753
shropswolf wrote:
CANNOCK WOLF wrote:
We will learn more from losing this game, than winning it..


Based on the last few years, we must be the one of wisest teams in the country.


I have my reservations about a few things at Wolves at the moment, as I have stated previously, but my desire to see them win, will never fade.
More can be learnt from losing today than winning..keep calm everyone.

_________________
In this world, you only, have one life - and I gave mine to Wolves.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post Posted: Sat Aug 19, 2017 5:31 pm 
Offline
Manager
Manager
User avatar

Joined: Sat Aug 09, 2008 10:28 pm
Posts: 11190
CANNOCK WOLF wrote:
shropswolf wrote:
CANNOCK WOLF wrote:
We will learn more from losing this game, than winning it..


Based on the last few years, we must be the one of wisest teams in the country.


I have my reservations about a few things at Wolves at the moment, as I have stated previously, but my desire to see them win, will never fade.
More can be learnt from losing today than winning..keep calm everyone.


You're right...

...but Wolves loss, Warnock win, Villa win, Albion win, what a recipe for a crap football day, urgh....

_________________
Wolves' Head of Football Development & Recruitment Kevin Thelwell added: "Grant Holt has been at a lot of clubs and there is a reason for that - he is a very good player."


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post Posted: Sat Aug 19, 2017 5:32 pm 
Offline
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Joined: Sat Jun 07, 2008 4:03 pm
Posts: 3224
Location: wolves
shropswolf wrote:
Regardless of the ref, we haven't been good enough. Not enough chances created and shaky defending all through. Cardiff were on top from the first minute.



spot on there. but the ref was really shite. an colin had a plan which worked.
but not to disappointed ,I,m sure wolves will only improve as the season progresses.
j


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post Posted: Sat Aug 19, 2017 5:32 pm 
Offline
Manager
Manager

Joined: Sun Oct 07, 2007 9:19 pm
Posts: 6753
CANNOCK WOLF wrote:
Momentum, Confidence and Belief.


Now add..Character

_________________
In this world, you only, have one life - and I gave mine to Wolves.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post Posted: Sat Aug 19, 2017 5:35 pm 
Offline
Wolves Reserve
Wolves Reserve

Joined: Fri Aug 13, 2004 5:30 pm
Posts: 747
Location: telford
Not at our best against a robust outfit. We were bound to lose at some point, main thing is how we learn and respond to this.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post Posted: Sat Aug 19, 2017 5:40 pm 
Offline
Manager
Manager
User avatar

Joined: Sat Jul 28, 2007 12:37 am
Posts: 5524
shropswolf wrote:
Smacks of a lack of research or understanding by our coaches.


I'm not so sure. I reckon they knew what to expect but decided to put their philosophy first - today's game illustrating the trade off

Despite the great start I expected us to come unstuck at times against some physical sides and/or canny experienced managers

I don't expect us to deviate from our new style nor do I want us to - we wont need to provided we can learn from games like this

Rome wasn't built in a day

_________________
Out of darkness cometh a chink of light


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post Posted: Sat Aug 19, 2017 6:06 pm 
Offline
Prediction League Winner 2016/17
Prediction League Winner 2016/17
User avatar

Joined: Fri Mar 16, 2007 4:33 pm
Posts: 11894
Location: Wolverhampton
Warnock's anti-football wins the game.

They did a job on us today.

The dirty bastards!

Sent from my SM-G903F using Tapatalk

_________________
Image

Forever in my Heart, Mum. 26/06/58 ~ 16/03/12.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post Posted: Sat Aug 19, 2017 6:17 pm 
Offline
Manager
Manager
User avatar

Joined: Thu Feb 19, 2004 1:26 am
Posts: 23348
Location: South East Bulgaria
Well, that's the Bubble burst. We simply weren't at the races today. I think that Douglas picked up a knock first half and our wing backs didn't have anything like the freedom they've had so far this season.

Yes, Cardiff are a big strong physical team, but they strung some passes together, chased everything, defended well and scored two very decent goals. Yes, I accept Warnock's gamesmanship tactics, but get used to it Nuno as many teams in this league are going to resort to it in an attempt to balance the books.

The Ref was all over the fookin shop and a disgrace to the League he adjudicates in, but again, how many of them in this League are any fookin good unless they're giving all of the decisions in your favour.

Now, which dog is going to get the first kicking of the season! :evil:

_________________
Better to keep your mouth shut and appear stupid than to open it and remove all doubt.

Mark Twain


https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCl3PabIYDTl_WqVc4Aitv_g

https://twitter.com/wolf_moscow


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post Posted: Sat Aug 19, 2017 9:44 pm 
Offline
Manager
Manager
User avatar

Joined: Fri Feb 27, 2004 6:44 pm
Posts: 34528
Location: S E London, near Kent
Moscow Wolf wrote:
Well, that's the Bubble burst. We simply weren't at the races today. I think that Douglas picked up a knock first half and our wing backs didn't have anything like the freedom they've had so far this season.

Yes, Cardiff are a big strong physical team, but they strung some passes together, chased everything, defended well and scored two very decent goals. Yes, I accept Warnock's gamesmanship tactics, but get used to it Nuno as many teams in this league are going to resort to it in an attempt to balance the books.

The Ref was all over the fookin shop and a disgrace to the League he adjudicates in, but again, how many of them in this League are any fookin good unless they're giving all of the decisions in your favour.

Now, which dog is going to get the first kicking of the season! :evil:

Cardiff are a well-drilled unit and they can mix it with power and the long ball. They'll be at least in the top 8 throughout the season by that performance.

And as for that ref...and linesman!! :twisted: :roll:

_________________
:wolvlog

The Liquidator... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4m0yny9f0MY&NR=1


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post Posted: Sun Aug 20, 2017 7:14 am 
Offline
Manager
Manager
User avatar

Joined: Mon Mar 08, 2004 7:19 am
Posts: 22668
Location: Cannock.
chriskamara wrote:
shropswolf wrote:
Smacks of a lack of research or understanding by our coaches.


I'm not so sure. I reckon they knew what to expect but decided to put their philosophy first - today's game illustrating the trade off

Despite the great start I expected us to come unstuck at times against some physical sides and/or canny experienced managers

I don't expect us to deviate from our new style nor do I want us to - we wont need to provided we can learn from games like this

Rome wasn't built in a day


Good post that CK.

Maybe the trade off in some games has to be a little more than you wish, but it has to be done

_________________
he first twenty years of life contain the whole of experience. The rest is observation. Graham Greene

If team culture is weak losing divides the team. If team culture is strong, losing creates the hunger to win again. Either way culture rules.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post Posted: Sun Aug 20, 2017 9:35 am 
Offline
Manager
Manager

Joined: Thu Feb 19, 2004 8:17 pm
Posts: 7039
Location: Swindon, Wiltshire
Cardiff closed down our wing backs, niggled all afternoon with petty fouls, aided by a biased or incompetent referee. Worst ref here since Rennie in 2004. There will be days like yesterday at Molineux as the season progresses, I feel that our style better suits away games, where we get more space. From the heights of Hull down to the crap of Cardiff inside four days....

_________________
In the kingdom of the blind, the one-eyed man is King.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post Posted: Sun Aug 20, 2017 9:58 am 
Offline
Manager
Manager
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jul 10, 2009 10:35 pm
Posts: 8497
knocker knowles wrote:
chriskamara wrote:
shropswolf wrote:
Smacks of a lack of research or understanding by our coaches.


I'm not so sure. I reckon they knew what to expect but decided to put their philosophy first - today's game illustrating the trade off

Despite the great start I expected us to come unstuck at times against some physical sides and/or canny experienced managers

I don't expect us to deviate from our new style nor do I want us to - we wont need to provided we can learn from games like this

Rome wasn't built in a day


Good post that CK.

Maybe the trade off in some games has to be a little more than you wish, but it has to be done



I think it will be a wake-up call for some of our imports. I certainly hope so. Miranda and Boly looked shaky to me and, at times their distribution was a poor as our displaced CBs, if not worse.

_________________
http://www.rugusavay.com/wp-content/upl ... otes-2.jpg


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post Posted: Sun Aug 20, 2017 10:03 am 
Offline
Manager
Manager
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jul 10, 2009 10:35 pm
Posts: 8497
SELWolf wrote:
Moscow Wolf wrote:
Well, that's the Bubble burst. We simply weren't at the races today. I think that Douglas picked up a knock first half and our wing backs didn't have anything like the freedom they've had so far this season.

Yes, Cardiff are a big strong physical team, but they strung some passes together, chased everything, defended well and scored two very decent goals. Yes, I accept Warnock's gamesmanship tactics, but get used to it Nuno as many teams in this league are going to resort to it in an attempt to balance the books.

The Ref was all over the fookin shop and a disgrace to the League he adjudicates in, but again, how many of them in this League are any fookin good unless they're giving all of the decisions in your favour.

Now, which dog is going to get the first kicking of the season! :evil:

Cardiff are a well-drilled unit and they can mix it with power and the long ball. They'll be at least in the top 8 throughout the season by that performance.

And as for that ref...and linesman!! :twisted: :roll:


Strong team, not lacking ability and playing Colin's unique brand of football. WE will have to learn quickly.
The bread and jam eased the pain ..... superb, SEL :lol:

_________________
http://www.rugusavay.com/wp-content/upl ... otes-2.jpg


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post Posted: Sun Aug 20, 2017 11:01 am 
Offline
Manager
Manager
User avatar

Joined: Fri Feb 27, 2004 6:44 pm
Posts: 34528
Location: S E London, near Kent
warn wrote:
SELWolf wrote:
Cardiff are a well-drilled unit and they can mix it with power and the long ball. They'll be at least in the top 8 throughout the season by that performance.

And as for that ref...and linesman!! :twisted: :roll:


Strong team, not lacking ability and playing Colin's unique brand of football. WE will have to learn quickly.
The bread and jam eased the pain ..... superb, SEL :lol:

You and your cryptic messages, our warn. 8)

_________________
:wolvlog

The Liquidator... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4m0yny9f0MY&NR=1


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post Posted: Sun Aug 20, 2017 12:50 pm 
Offline
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Joined: Sun Jul 24, 2011 5:33 pm
Posts: 1516
Location: WOLVERHAMPTON
CANNOCK WOLF wrote:
shropswolf wrote:
CANNOCK WOLF wrote:
We will learn more from losing this game, than winning it..


Based on the last few years, we must be the one of wisest teams in the country.


I have my reservations about a few things at Wolves at the moment, as I have stated previously, but my desire to see them win, will never fade.
More can be learnt from losing today than winning..keep calm everyone.

+1


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post Posted: Sun Aug 20, 2017 2:39 pm 
Offline
Manager
Manager
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jul 10, 2009 10:35 pm
Posts: 8497
Minor setback ...... major comeback 8)

_________________
http://www.rugusavay.com/wp-content/upl ... otes-2.jpg


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post Posted: Sun Aug 20, 2017 2:40 pm 
Offline
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Joined: Sat Jun 07, 2008 4:03 pm
Posts: 3224
Location: wolves
warn wrote:
Minor setback ...... major comeback 8)



:lol:


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post Posted: Sun Aug 20, 2017 6:41 pm 
Offline
Manager
Manager
User avatar

Joined: Thu Feb 19, 2004 1:26 am
Posts: 23348
Location: South East Bulgaria
Love him or hate him, but this article made me LOFF.

https://www.expressandstar.com/sport/football/wolverhampton-wanderers-fc/2017/08/20/neil-warnock-wolves-fans-spurred-me-on/

_________________
Better to keep your mouth shut and appear stupid than to open it and remove all doubt.

Mark Twain


https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCl3PabIYDTl_WqVc4Aitv_g

https://twitter.com/wolf_moscow


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post Posted: Sun Aug 20, 2017 6:44 pm 
Offline
Manager
Manager
User avatar

Joined: Thu Feb 19, 2004 1:26 am
Posts: 23348
Location: South East Bulgaria
SELWolf wrote:
warn wrote:
SELWolf wrote:
Cardiff are a well-drilled unit and they can mix it with power and the long ball. They'll be at least in the top 8 throughout the season by that performance.

And as for that ref...and linesman!! :twisted: :roll:


Strong team, not lacking ability and playing Colin's unique brand of football. WE will have to learn quickly.
The bread and jam eased the pain ..... superb, SEL :lol:

You and your cryptic messages, our warn. 8)


Tram, Pram, Spam! Come on spill the beans?

_________________
Better to keep your mouth shut and appear stupid than to open it and remove all doubt.

Mark Twain


https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCl3PabIYDTl_WqVc4Aitv_g

https://twitter.com/wolf_moscow


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post Posted: Sun Aug 20, 2017 7:08 pm 
Offline
Manager
Manager
User avatar

Joined: Fri Feb 27, 2004 6:44 pm
Posts: 34528
Location: S E London, near Kent
Moscow Wolf wrote:
Tram, Pram, Spam! Come on spill the beans?

Warn has put me in a sticky situation but I'll tell you this, it had nothing to do with being in the land of milk and honey following that result - and that's for sure! Alternatively, you could say that I do like a Guinness or two for pre match drinks and I felt obliged to provide him with "bread" for his journey home because he'd got into a jam. 8)

_________________
:wolvlog

The Liquidator... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4m0yny9f0MY&NR=1


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post Posted: Sun Aug 20, 2017 8:49 pm 
Offline
Manager
Manager
User avatar

Joined: Mon Mar 08, 2004 7:19 am
Posts: 22668
Location: Cannock.
Warnock/McCarthy sides top Championship.

Mick: “Two old farts who know f**k all about the game hey? I’ll have to get my iPad out now."

_________________
he first twenty years of life contain the whole of experience. The rest is observation. Graham Greene

If team culture is weak losing divides the team. If team culture is strong, losing creates the hunger to win again. Either way culture rules.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post Posted: Sun Aug 20, 2017 8:55 pm 
Offline
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Joined: Sun Mar 12, 2006 6:09 pm
Posts: 20461
Location: Four Oaks
knocker knowles wrote:
Warnock/McCarthy sides top Championship.

Mick: “Two old farts who know f**k all about the game hey? I’ll have to get my iPad out now."


:lol:

_________________
The next level awaits - Euros now


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post Posted: Sun Aug 20, 2017 11:14 pm 
Offline
Manager
Manager

Joined: Sun Oct 07, 2007 9:19 pm
Posts: 6753
Mick's got in Garner and Waghorn..previously linked with us before we went big-time, two players that will do a good job in this division

_________________
In this world, you only, have one life - and I gave mine to Wolves.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post Posted: Sun Aug 20, 2017 11:55 pm 
Offline
Manager
Manager
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jul 10, 2009 10:35 pm
Posts: 8497
CANNOCK WOLF wrote:
Mick's got in Garner and Waghorn..previously linked with us before we went big-time, two players that will do a good job in this division


Absolutely :lol:

_________________
http://www.rugusavay.com/wp-content/upl ... otes-2.jpg


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post Posted: Mon Aug 21, 2017 12:05 am 
Offline
Manager
Manager
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jul 10, 2009 10:35 pm
Posts: 8497
SELWolf wrote:
Moscow Wolf wrote:
Tram, Pram, Spam! Come on spill the beans?

Warn has put me in a sticky situation but I'll tell you this, it had nothing to do with being in the land of milk and honey following that result - and that's for sure! Alternatively, you could say that I do like a Guinness or two for pre match drinks and I felt obliged to provide him with "bread" for his journey home because he'd got into a jam. 8)


Mosie.... SEL and me, and sometimes Embers, and sometimes Hugh have a couple before the match.
After the 'Bro match, SEL kindly offered to supply me with some bread (very very good) and some homemade (by SEL) jam, unbelievable good.... what more do you need, other than three points? :lol: :lol:

_________________
http://www.rugusavay.com/wp-content/upl ... otes-2.jpg


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post Posted: Mon Aug 21, 2017 10:06 am 
Offline
Manager
Manager
User avatar

Joined: Fri Feb 27, 2004 6:44 pm
Posts: 34528
Location: S E London, near Kent
warn wrote:
SELWolf wrote:
Moscow Wolf wrote:
Tram, Pram, Spam! Come on spill the beans?

Warn has put me in a sticky situation but I'll tell you this, it had nothing to do with being in the land of milk and honey following that result - and that's for sure! Alternatively, you could say that I do like a Guinness or two for pre match drinks and I felt obliged to provide him with "bread" for his journey home because he'd got into a jam. 8)


Mosie.... SEL and me, and sometimes Embers, and sometimes Hugh have a couple before the match.
After the 'Bro match, SEL kindly offered to supply me with some bread (very very good) and some homemade (by SEL) jam, unbelievable good.... what more do you need, other than three points? :lol: :lol:

It's not true. He's a real joker on the quiet, is our Warn. He was in a jam so I gave him some bread to avoid a sticky situation. 8)

_________________
:wolvlog

The Liquidator... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4m0yny9f0MY&NR=1


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post Posted: Mon Aug 21, 2017 10:10 am 
Offline
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Joined: Sun Mar 12, 2006 6:09 pm
Posts: 20461
Location: Four Oaks
SELWolf wrote:
It's not true. He's a real joker on the quiet, is our Warn. He was in a jam so I gave him some bread to avoid a sticky situation. 8)


OK, so he forgot his bus pass and you had to give him £2 for his fare home.

_________________
The next level awaits - Euros now


Top 
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
 
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 91 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Board index » WWFC » Match day stickies


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 5 guests

 
 

 
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  

The Wolf will always be free to its members, but if you feel you would like to contribute towards the running costs, than please feel free to donate.

 

 

Disclaimer : This forum is for the general discussion/topic of Wolverhampton Wanderers. What is said within the forum is personal opinions, and The Wolf will not be held responsible. Your ip is logged for security reasons. The forum is viewable by the public and any topics you disclose/discuss can be viewed by the public. Some topics on this forum may only be suitable for those aged 18+.

cron