Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » GENERAL CHAT » Football chat

Share On:

Post subject: Spanish football trip
 Post Posted: Sat Jan 13, 2018 12:34 pm 
Manager
Manager

Greetings from Seville and Cadiz. Tomorrow it's Cadiz v Cordoba in the Second division at 16-00 and then Monday night it's Real Betis Sevilla v Leganes at 21-00, this game is live on Sky, look out for an old fart in a Wolves scarf. :lol:

Share on Facebook Facebook Share on Twitter Twitter
 Post Posted: Sun Jan 14, 2018 8:55 am 
Manager
Manager

Good stuff, you should be scouting for Wolves.

Post Posted: Mon Jan 15, 2018 8:21 pm 
Manager
Manager

knocker knowles wrote:
Good stuff, you should be scouting for Wolves.

Our Joe is off to Madrid in April with the school, 4* hotel with pool, training sessions with Madrid youth coaches at their training complex, a game against a local youth team, and a visit to the Santiago Bernabéu although I'm not sure if they' get to see a game. The weekend he's there it's Real Madrid v Atlético which would be great, although unlikely.

Gladys, I hope you enjoy your Spanish sojourn, some sea-food paella, and plenty of Rioja or whatever the local plonk is.

Post Posted: Tue Jan 16, 2018 10:17 am 
Manager
Manager

Cheers, Embers,a great four night stay in Cadiz and Seville, two decent games.

Cadiz 2 ( Alvaro Garcia 2). Cordoba 0. Att: 12,568.

Real Betis 3 ( Tello, Joaquin and Castro). Leganes 2. Gumbau and Eraso. Att: 41,777.

My seat at Betis: top tier three rows from the back...up in the clouds.

Post Posted: Wed Jan 17, 2018 9:20 am 
Manager
Manager

Good to see Joaquín still scoring goals, how did the one the scouts are watching Fabián Ruiz play?

Post Posted: Wed Jan 17, 2018 12:31 pm 
Manager
Manager

knocker knowles wrote:
Good to see Joaquín still scoring goals, how did the one the scouts are watching Fabián Ruiz play?

Fabian played very well indeed, one of my mates over with me thought he was superb, very classy.

Post Posted: Wed Jan 17, 2018 12:35 pm 
Manager
Manager

At a beer and snack stand outside the stadium, a group of Betis fans put the thumbs up when they saw my Wolves scarf and one guy came up to me and said: "You're the club that Lopetegui was joining weren't you?". Great atmosphere there, the home fans at both games sang, drummed and supported their team all 90 minutes, non stop, amazing. Strange fact at Betis, there were ZERO away fans, not seen that before...it was on live TV and Leganes is a long way to travel from...

Post Posted: Wed Jan 17, 2018 1:21 pm 
Manager
Manager

gladbachwolf wrote:
knocker knowles wrote:

Fabian played very well indeed, one of my mates over with me thought he was superb, very classy.

15 Million release clause, though Betis are looking to renegotiate that.

Post Posted: Wed Jan 17, 2018 7:13 pm 
Manager
Manager

Tello looked good too, scored the first goal and laid the ball off well, passed efficiently.

Post Posted: Fri Jan 19, 2018 4:57 pm 
Manager
Manager

Interesting to discover that at Cadiz and also Real Betis, the programmes were given out free of charge and were decent. Not very full but just the basic info that you require.

The costs of entry however were expensive, it cost € 40 at Cadiz, Second Division team, main stand towards corner flag and a hefty € 48 at Betis, top tier behind a goal three rows from the rear in a corner...their costs for the upcoming game at home on Sunday night v Barcelona is eye watering:

Highest € 150.. cheapest adult entry: € 75........ouch....

Post Posted: Fri Jan 19, 2018 6:56 pm 
Manager
Manager

Did anyone see the two clinical finishes by Luis Suarez for Barca away at Real Sociedad last Sunday? Sublime finishing.

Post Posted: Tue Jan 23, 2018 3:08 am 
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

On fooball trips. I've agreed with the misses that when I have weekends off I'll take her on a weekend break away. Thinking of going to Italy as I've been learning Italian for a while. But might go Paris or Amsterdam as it's a bit easier for us travel novices. She's even agreed that she'll let me go and watch a game while I'm away which will defienlty be a decider where I go.

Really want to go to Turin and see Turino or Juve play or even Milan.

Post Posted: Tue Jan 23, 2018 6:33 am 
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Dan G WWFC wrote:
On fooball trips. I've agreed with the misses that when I have weekends off I'll take her on a weekend break away. Thinking of going to Italy as I've been learning Italian for a while. But might go Paris or Amsterdam as it's a bit easier for us travel novices. She's even agreed that she'll let me go and watch a game while I'm away which will defienlty be a decider where I go.

Really want to go to Turin and see Turino or Juve play or even Milan.

I’ve always wanted to go to the Rome derby

Post Posted: Tue Jan 23, 2018 7:16 am 
Manager
Manager

There's a stadium in South America, the one with only three sides that's on my list.

Post Posted: Tue Jan 23, 2018 1:02 pm 
Manager
Manager

knocker knowles wrote:
There's a stadium in South America, the one with only three sides that's on my list.

I'd like to go to La Bombonera to see Boca v River Plate. Deffo want to go to go back to Germany for a Bundesliga game, as I like the German attitude and prices towards football, as well as being able to stand with a beer on the terrace. I've already been to the RheinEnergieSTADION, the Mercedes-Benz Arena, and the Olympiastadion in Berlin. All good grounds.

For Italy, I'd like to go back to Florence and watch a Fiorentina game, and I reckon Napoli would be good too.

Post Posted: Wed Jan 24, 2018 9:31 am 
Manager
Manager

I think with some of these grounds I would wish to go back in time as well.

Naples back in the late eighties to watch Maradona and Careca would be a good gig.

Post Posted: Wed Jan 24, 2018 12:25 pm 
Manager
Manager

knocker knowles wrote:

Naples back in the late eighties to watch Maradona and Careca would be a good gig.

I close my eyes and go back in time to 1975 and visualise Monchengladbach winning 5-1 at Twente Enschede to win the UEFA Cup, Netzer and Heynkes, Simonsen, Jensen all running riot.

Post Posted: Wed Jan 31, 2018 9:30 am 
Manager
Manager

gladbachwolf wrote:
knocker knowles wrote:

I close my eyes and go back in time to 1975 and visualise Monchengladbach winning 5-1 at Twente Enschede to win the UEFA Cup, Netzer and Heynkes, Simonsen, Jensen all running riot.

Wished I had gone to Wembley 1972 England vs West Germany just to see Netzer in his pomp.

Post Posted: Wed Jan 31, 2018 3:40 pm 
Manager
Manager

Here you are KK... this is a bit stuttery and freezes a bit now and then but is 6½ mins of highlights of that game in 1972. Commentary in german...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8tFyqNqgllo

Post Posted: Fri Feb 02, 2018 12:01 pm 
Manager
Manager

gladbachwolf wrote:
Here you are KK... this is a bit stuttery and freezes a bit now and then but is 6½ mins of highlights of that game in 1972. Commentary in german...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8tFyqNqgllo

You could see during the early seventies how the continental game was going a totally different route to the British game.

Liverpool bucked the trend with the use of Kenny Dalglish, very few English teams were watching and learning.

Board index » GENERAL CHAT » Football chat