Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » WWFC » Wolves chat

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 277 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Share On:

Post Posted: Thu Feb 01, 2018 2:10 pm 
Manager
Manager

shropswolf wrote:
You'd be a fool to bet against Steve Bruce winning promotion from the Championship, especially with their squad.

Derby's only real ace is Rowett himself. They've a worse team than they had during all those bungled promotion attempts in previous years.

Villa's next game... home to the worst team in the division.

Derby are perennial bottlers, Rowett has seemingly put and end to that.

time will tell tho

www.vwcaddy.com

Share on Facebook Facebook Share on Twitter Twitter
 Post Posted: Thu Feb 01, 2018 7:36 pm 
Manager
Manager

I'm surprised Derby/Bristol didn't make a bigger signing this window. They both have money to burn and promotion is there for the taking.

Hard to see past Villa for the other promotion spot imo.

Bolton sell their main striker who's their most in form player right now and don't replace him. Shocker. Sunderland too. I guess finances dictate these things, but still, seems they're both just asking to be relegated.

Post Posted: Thu Feb 01, 2018 10:01 pm 
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

SpaceMonkey wrote:
I'm surprised Derby/Bristol didn't make a bigger signing this window. They both have money to burn and promotion is there for the taking.

Bolton sell their main striker who's their most in form player right now and don't replace him. Shocker. Sunderland too. I guess finances dictate these things, but still, seems they're both just asking to be relegated.
Bolton have re-signed Zach Clough in an Afobe-esque swoop. Ironically there was much speculation at the time that the Afobe money we got from Bournemouth would be spent on him.

I haven't kept track of him, has it all gone to shit seeing as he's ended up back at Bolton?

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Post Posted: Thu Feb 01, 2018 10:51 pm 
Manager
Manager

lankywolf wrote:
SpaceMonkey wrote:

Bolton have re-signed Zach Clough in an Afobe-esque swoop. Ironically there was much speculation at the time that the Afobe money we got from Bournemouth would be spent on him.

I haven't kept track of him, has it all gone to shit seeing as he's ended up back at Bolton?

I was checking their forums. Apparently his agent personally contacted Bolton and told them the player was desperate to come back. Guess he got homesick? Had moved to Forest only 12 months previously for like £3m. Struggled to make the same impact there like he did at Bolton.

Did not notice they had signed him so like you say, a very good signing. Totally different to Madine though.

Post Posted: Fri Feb 02, 2018 7:54 pm 
Manager
Manager

SpaceMonkey wrote:
lankywolf wrote:
SpaceMonkey wrote:

I was checking their forums. Apparently his agent personally contacted Bolton and told them the player was desperate to come back. Guess he got homesick? Had moved to Forest only 12 months previously for like £3m. Struggled to make the same impact there like he did at Bolton.

Did not notice they had signed him so like you say, a very good signing. Totally different to Madine though.

Desperate aint the word :shock:

Post Posted: Sat Feb 03, 2018 10:25 am 
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

SpaceMonkey wrote:

Derby tried to sign James McLean from Albion but were quoted stupid money for him, don't think the Bristol owner wants to invest OTT, they seem to be building slowly

Post Posted: Sat Feb 03, 2018 10:50 am 
Manager
Manager

Ironfistedmonk wrote:
SpaceMonkey wrote:

Derby tried to sign James McLean from Albion but were quoted stupid money for him, don't think the Bristol owner wants to invest OTT, they seem to be building slowly

Rowett does tend to target specific types often players that are not good on the eye while unloading those that are.
As long as it works for him you cant argue, I still have them firm favourites for second place.

Post Posted: Sat Feb 03, 2018 12:11 pm 
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

knocker knowles wrote:

Rowett does tend to target specific types often players that are not good on the eye while unloading those that are.
As long as it works for him you cant argue, I still have them firm favourites for second place.

He is a bit like Sean Dyche in that regard, a good manager who plays a certain way with certain types of players, they are like better versions of Mick and Colin Wanker, it's not the kind of football I like though

Post Posted: Fri Feb 09, 2018 11:45 pm 
Manager
Manager

Referee basically robs Cardiff of the win. LOVE IT :lol: :lol: :lol:

Post Posted: Fri Feb 09, 2018 11:52 pm 
Manager
Manager

SpaceMonkey wrote:
Referee basically robs Cardiff of the win. LOVE IT :lol: :lol: :lol:

Yeah,I'm really sad about that. :mrgreen:

The Liquidator... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4m0yny9f0MY&NR=1

Post Posted: Sat Feb 10, 2018 10:41 am 
Manager
Manager

That's 7 out of this seasons Championship top ten who have gone to Millwall with NONE of them having won.

Post Posted: Sat Feb 10, 2018 9:56 pm 
Manager
Manager

knocker knowles wrote:
That's 7 out of this seasons Championship top ten who have gone to Millwall with NONE of them having won.

Let em cam, let em cam, let em caaaaaaaaaam, daaaaaaaaaarn to the Deeeeeeeeen!

Post Posted: Wed Feb 14, 2018 2:54 am 
Manager
Manager

Derby lost tonight, Cardiff won. The race for 2nd is getting very tasty :wink:

Post Posted: Wed Feb 14, 2018 9:17 am 
Manager
Manager

SpaceMonkey wrote:
Derby lost tonight, Cardiff won. The race for 2nd is getting very tasty :wink:

It doesn't matter that Derby dominated the ball plus had 18 shots in the game the result starts to add pressure during the business end of the season.
Derby will be feeling it now and their fans could start transferring a tension from stand to pitch.

Leeds their next home game suddenly became more difficult.

Post Posted: Wed Feb 14, 2018 12:24 pm 
Manager
Manager

Championship promotion odds

Wolves: 1/100

Aston Villa: 4/5

Derby: 7/5

Cardiff: 9/4

Fulham: 11/4

Bristol City: 6/1

Middlesbrough: 7/1

Post Posted: Thu Feb 15, 2018 9:28 am 
Manager
Manager

SELWolf wrote:
Championship promotion odds

Wolves: 1/100

Aston Villa: 4/5

Derby: 7/5

Cardiff: 9/4

Fulham: 11/4

Bristol City: 6/1

Middlesbrough: 7/1

Whoever wins the play offs will have done well. Tough games.

Post Posted: Thu Feb 15, 2018 5:35 pm 
Prediction League Winner 2015/16
Prediction League Winner 2015/16

Interesting that Bristol City at the start of the year was predicted by the 'mega-computer' to finish bottom!

Post Posted: Thu Feb 15, 2018 8:51 pm 
Manager
Manager

SilverstoneWolf wrote:
Interesting that Bristol City at the start of the year was predicted by the 'mega-computer' to finish bottom!

And Shrewsbury were certain to be relegated. :mrgreen:

Post Posted: Sat Feb 24, 2018 5:48 pm 
Manager
Manager

Villa get battered at Sheff Weds by all accounts but are now winning 3-2. Typical!

Post Posted: Sat Feb 24, 2018 6:09 pm 
Manager
Manager

Villa win but on the upside, Derby drop more points. They really have dropped off since Stoke flirted with their manager...

Post Posted: Sat Feb 24, 2018 8:47 pm 
Manager
Manager

SpaceMonkey wrote:
Villa get battered at Sheff Weds by all accounts but are now winning 3-2. Typical!

Sheffield Wed will be lucky to stay up to be honest. They are a right mess of a team and their new coach hasn't succeeded in improving them one jot.

Post Posted: Sun Feb 25, 2018 8:31 am 
Manager
Manager

shropswolf wrote:
SpaceMonkey wrote:

Sheffield Wed will be lucky to stay up to be honest. They are a right mess of a team and their new coach hasn't succeeded in improving them one jot.

I look on Sheffield Wednesday as your bang average Championship side.

Any half decently assembled and fairly well coached team should finish above them while the basket cases finish below them.

Huge financial pressures on Wednesday though because much of their mediocrity was overpriced on arrival.

Post Posted: Sun Feb 25, 2018 1:25 pm 
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

If Cardiff win today it's down to a six point lead....better than a six point deficit but they have gained seven points on us in the last three matches....a 13 point lead is evaporating fast.

Villas form is also better than us and Fulham are also closing fast..

Reckon that's the top four. Middlesboro and derby probably.

Our fixtures are not pretty...away to middlesboro ,Cardiff and Villa and home to Derby could be make or break....I would be delighted with seven points.

Post Posted: Sun Feb 25, 2018 1:25 pm 
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

If Cardiff win today it's down to a six point lead....better than a six point deficit but they have gained seven points on us in the last three matches....a 13 point lead is evaporating fast.

Villas form is also better than us and Fulham are also closing fast..

Reckon that's the top four. Middlesboro and derby probably.

Our fixtures are not pretty...away to middlesboro ,Cardiff and Villa and home to Derby could be make or break....I would be delighted with seven points.

Post Posted: Sun Feb 25, 2018 3:03 pm 
Manager
Manager

This is really starting to stink of a good old fashioned Wolves end of season screw-up.

Teams behind us all on a charge and finding ways to consistently win even without playing well, teams take last second pot shots from 35 yards out and they fly in against us, defence can't keep a clean sheet to save their life, and the manager's starting to make bad subs and making bad decisions about the starting XI.

Post Posted: Sun Feb 25, 2018 3:22 pm 
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

shropswolf wrote:
This is really starting to stink of a good old fashioned Wolves end of season screw-up.

Teams behind us all on a charge and finding ways to consistently win even without playing well, teams take last second pot shots from 35 yards out and they fly in against us, defence can't keep a clean sheet to save their life, and the manager's starting to make bad subs and making bad decisions about the starting XI.

So all good then?

Post Posted: Sun Feb 25, 2018 3:24 pm 
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

caribbean wolf wrote:
shropswolf wrote:

So all good then?

I think those who attend matches need to remain strong and positive (however it feels inside) because the players will feel the tension.

Post Posted: Sun Feb 25, 2018 5:13 pm 
Manager
Manager

shropswolf wrote:
...the manager's starting to make bad subs and making bad decisions about the starting XI.

It was a surprising choice in taking Cav off v Norwich but I thought the starting 11 plus the subs should have been OK yesterday.

Post Posted: Sun Feb 25, 2018 6:01 pm 
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

SELWolf wrote:
shropswolf wrote:
...the manager's starting to make bad subs and making bad decisions about the starting XI.

It was a surprising choice in taking Cav off v Norwich but I thought the starting 11 plus the subs should have been OK yesterday.

The starting 11 did look ok from what was available. I think the "mistake" from Nuno if there was one was not giving Jota a rest earlier in the season. It was difficult without both Jota and Neves in the same match.

Post Posted: Thu Mar 22, 2018 9:17 am 
Manager
Manager

Your top six prediction from now.

Wolves.
Cardiff.

Fulham.
Derby.
Villa.
Middlesbrough.

Fulham vs Derby play off final.

Derby winners of play offs.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 277 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Board index » WWFC » Wolves chat