Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » GENERAL CHAT » Football chat




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1518 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 46, 47, 48, 49, 50, 51  Next

Share On:

Author Message
 Post Posted: Mon Mar 19, 2018 5:27 pm 
Offline
Manager
Manager
User avatar

Joined: Sat Aug 09, 2008 10:28 pm
Posts: 11350
knocker knowles wrote:
Left back wrote:
Embers wrote:

Cotterill is enthusiastic, but a lower/non league manager. His interview after the Forest defeat spoke volumes, saying how you could see the players were behind him, then Chris Iwelumo tore them apart in the studio analysis. They were a disorganised rabble, but that said, Blues had enough chances at Forest, but it doesn't help when your keeper drops another clanger early doors.


Cotterill, in his interviews as manager of Birmingham, was simply Saunders-esque.


Someone should send Cotterill the dvd of the Birmingham vs Hull game and ask him why he was a million miles from that.

More chances created, more forward movement, more passing options.

Cotterill, ask yourself why cant I do that, then before you apply for another position.
Ask yourself why the fans will in a short space of time hate you.

Fraud to the game.


Fair play to Blues fans, they recognised him as their Saunders and forced him out.

Too many sat on their hands here during Deano's reign and we paid a heavy price that we are still trying to recover from.

_________________
Wolves' Head of Football Development & Recruitment Kevin Thelwell added: "Grant Holt has been at a lot of clubs and there is a reason for that - he is a very good player."


Top 
 Profile  
 
Share on Facebook Facebook Share on Twitter Twitter
 Post Posted: Tue Mar 20, 2018 12:26 pm 
Offline
Manager
Manager
User avatar

Joined: Mon Mar 08, 2004 7:19 am
Posts: 23386
Location: Cannock.
Cotterill is enthusiastic, but a lower/non league manager. His interview after the Forest defeat spoke volumes, saying how you could see the players were behind him, then Chris Iwelumo tore them apart in the studio analysis. They were a disorganised rabble, but that said, Blues had enough chances at Forest, but it doesn't help when your keeper drops another clanger early doors.[/quote]

Cotterill, in his interviews as manager of Birmingham, was simply Saunders-esque.[/quote]

Someone should send Cotterill the dvd of the Birmingham vs Hull game and ask him why he was a million miles from that.

More chances created, more forward movement, more passing options.

Cotterill, ask yourself why cant I do that, then before you apply for another position.
Ask yourself why the fans will in a short space of time hate you.

Fraud to the game.[/quote]

Fair play to Blues fans, they recognised him as their Saunders and forced him out.

Too many sat on their hands here during Deano's reign and we paid a heavy price that we are still trying to recover from.[/quote]

Good bet to have now.

Championship next season Blues to finish higher than Villa.

_________________
Nuno is the first Wolves coach I have believed in since the internet was invented.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post Posted: Tue Mar 20, 2018 1:14 pm 
Offline
Manager
Manager
User avatar

Joined: Sat Aug 09, 2008 10:28 pm
Posts: 11350
knocker knowles wrote:
Good bet to have now.

Championship next season Blues to finish higher than Villa.


Well, I think it's too soon to write Aston Villa's obituary. There are still 3 promotion spots available and they are not notably weaker as a team than Cardiff, Fulham, Derby, Preston, Boro et al.

I'm not sure I'd back Blues under Monk ahead of Villa under Bruce either. Although in the event of not going up, a decent amount of squad changes would need to happen at Villa, Blues really have a car crash of a squad put together by David Dein's son under Redknapp.

_________________
Wolves' Head of Football Development & Recruitment Kevin Thelwell added: "Grant Holt has been at a lot of clubs and there is a reason for that - he is a very good player."


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post Posted: Wed Mar 21, 2018 8:08 am 
Offline
Manager
Manager
User avatar

Joined: Mon Mar 08, 2004 7:19 am
Posts: 23386
Location: Cannock.
shropswolf wrote:
knocker knowles wrote:
Good bet to have now.

Championship next season Blues to finish higher than Villa.


Well, I think it's too soon to write Aston Villa's obituary. There are still 3 promotion spots available and they are not notably weaker as a team than Cardiff, Fulham, Derby, Preston, Boro et al.

I'm not sure I'd back Blues under Monk ahead of Villa under Bruce either. Although in the event of not going up, a decent amount of squad changes would need to happen at Villa, Blues really have a car crash of a squad put together by David Dein's son under Redknapp.


Thats why my forecast offers good odds, at the moment most people wouldn't agree with it.

I think Villa are done, and pre season will be a massive wake up call for their fanbase as players leave for the money elsewhere.

_________________
Nuno is the first Wolves coach I have believed in since the internet was invented.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post Posted: Wed Mar 21, 2018 9:58 am 
Offline
Manager
Manager
User avatar

Joined: Sat Aug 09, 2008 10:28 pm
Posts: 11350
knocker knowles wrote:
shropswolf wrote:
knocker knowles wrote:
Good bet to have now.

Championship next season Blues to finish higher than Villa.


Well, I think it's too soon to write Aston Villa's obituary. There are still 3 promotion spots available and they are not notably weaker as a team than Cardiff, Fulham, Derby, Preston, Boro et al.

I'm not sure I'd back Blues under Monk ahead of Villa under Bruce either. Although in the event of not going up, a decent amount of squad changes would need to happen at Villa, Blues really have a car crash of a squad put together by David Dein's son under Redknapp.


Thats why my forecast offers good odds, at the moment most people wouldn't agree with it.

I think Villa are done, and pre season will be a massive wake up call for their fanbase as players leave for the money elsewhere.


I certainly hope you're right.

_________________
Wolves' Head of Football Development & Recruitment Kevin Thelwell added: "Grant Holt has been at a lot of clubs and there is a reason for that - he is a very good player."


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post Posted: Wed Mar 21, 2018 11:57 am 
Offline
Manager
Manager

Joined: Thu Feb 19, 2004 8:17 pm
Posts: 7290
Location: Swindon, Wiltshire
Jaap Stam sacked by Reading.

_________________
In the kingdom of the blind, the one-eyed man is King.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post Posted: Wed Mar 21, 2018 12:51 pm 
Offline
Manager
Manager
User avatar

Joined: Sat Aug 09, 2008 10:28 pm
Posts: 11350
gladbachwolf wrote:
Jaap Stam sacked by Reading.


That last season they had was one of the strangest campaigns I can recall.

We played them twice and they looked dreadful twice, yet ended up in the top 6 and just a penalty shootout away from the PL. Their display at Molineux last week must have been one of the most impotent for years as well, so no surprise he's finally been binned.

_________________
Wolves' Head of Football Development & Recruitment Kevin Thelwell added: "Grant Holt has been at a lot of clubs and there is a reason for that - he is a very good player."


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post Posted: Thu Mar 22, 2018 8:58 am 
Offline
Manager
Manager
User avatar

Joined: Mon Mar 08, 2004 7:19 am
Posts: 23386
Location: Cannock.
shropswolf wrote:
gladbachwolf wrote:
Jaap Stam sacked by Reading.


That last season they had was one of the strangest campaigns I can recall.

We played them twice and they looked dreadful twice, yet ended up in the top 6 and just a penalty shootout away from the PL. Their display at Molineux last week must have been one of the most impotent for years as well, so no surprise he's finally been binned.


You could see from their transfer policy last summer that they were in for a very tough time this season.

Adding Dave Edwards to a passing side just didn't make sense.

_________________
Nuno is the first Wolves coach I have believed in since the internet was invented.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post Posted: Thu Mar 29, 2018 10:45 am 
Offline
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
User avatar

Joined: Thu Feb 19, 2004 3:59 pm
Posts: 20274
Location: Newbiggin-by-the-Sea
Looks like Mick is leaving at the end of the season:

https://twitter.com/SkySportsNews/statu ... 32930?s=19

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post Posted: Thu Mar 29, 2018 2:24 pm 
Offline
Manager
Manager

Joined: Thu Feb 19, 2004 8:17 pm
Posts: 7290
Location: Swindon, Wiltshire
Cally wrote:
Looks like Mick is leaving at the end of the season:

https://twitter.com/SkySportsNews/statu ... 32930?s=19

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk



Albion's next manager for next season.

_________________
In the kingdom of the blind, the one-eyed man is King.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post Posted: Thu Mar 29, 2018 3:06 pm 
Offline
Manager
Manager

Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2007 1:38 am
Posts: 15864
Location: Moved
gladbachwolf wrote:
Cally wrote:
Looks like Mick is leaving at the end of the season:

https://twitter.com/SkySportsNews/statu ... 32930?s=19

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk



Albion's next manager for next season.


They won't be able to afford Mick. Just TC :lol:

_________________
Dyslexics are teople poo


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post Posted: Thu Mar 29, 2018 6:41 pm 
Offline
Manager
Manager

Joined: Sun Oct 07, 2007 9:19 pm
Posts: 6753
I watched his press conference, top man, for me..honest, open, and straight forward.
Not one of his players past or present after 900 games, speak bad of him, except mad Roy, which speaks for itself.
I have nothing but admiration for him

_________________
In this world, you only, have one life - and I gave mine to Wolves.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post Posted: Thu Mar 29, 2018 6:59 pm 
Offline
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Joined: Mon Feb 23, 2004 11:55 pm
Posts: 18229
CANNOCK WOLF wrote:
I watched his press conference, top man, for me..honest, open, and straight forward.
Not one of his players past or present after 900 games, speak bad of him, except mad Roy, which speaks for itself.
I have nothing but admiration for him


R.

I would love Terry Connor to be appointed as Albion manager, I doe think my knickers would ever dry after me loffin so much.

_________________
There is no substitute for hard work.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post Posted: Sat Mar 31, 2018 7:49 am 
Offline
Manager
Manager
User avatar

Joined: Mon Mar 08, 2004 7:19 am
Posts: 23386
Location: Cannock.
Trouble with Mick he can never change and over time the fans lose hope.

_________________
Nuno is the first Wolves coach I have believed in since the internet was invented.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post Posted: Sat Mar 31, 2018 9:59 am 
Offline
Manager
Manager

Joined: Sun Oct 07, 2007 9:19 pm
Posts: 6753
CANNOCK WOLF wrote:
And Keates wins the raffle..lol


The early signs are not good

_________________
In this world, you only, have one life - and I gave mine to Wolves.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post Posted: Sun Apr 01, 2018 7:32 am 
Offline
Manager
Manager
User avatar

Joined: Mon Mar 08, 2004 7:19 am
Posts: 23386
Location: Cannock.
CANNOCK WOLF wrote:
CANNOCK WOLF wrote:
And Keates wins the raffle..lol


The early signs are not good


Poor move by Thelwell sending Ronan to Portsmouth, Jackett hasn't a clue how to play through the field and is wasting the youngsters abilities.

Last ten minutes at Walsall yesterday, he may has well have gone to Walsall and played the ten role.

Player development gone wrong.

_________________
Nuno is the first Wolves coach I have believed in since the internet was invented.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post Posted: Sun Apr 01, 2018 11:17 pm 
Offline
Manager
Manager
User avatar

Joined: Fri Feb 27, 2004 6:44 pm
Posts: 34707
Location: S E London, near Kent
Cally wrote:
Looks like Mick is leaving at the end of the season:

https://twitter.com/SkySportsNews/statu ... 32930?s=19

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk


As the fan said, "It was always going to happen."

Ipswich will probably go into free-fall. I was talking to an older Ipswich fan a few weeks ago and he recognised the limitations Mick had but said he has had no money - which we already know. He blamed the fans for putting pressure on the owner through ill considered social media comments. The money from gates and corresponding spin-offs is their life-line; without it they really are sunk.

Either way Ipswich will be losers. Mick and Terry probably won't be that much bothered.

_________________
:wolvlog

The Liquidator... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4m0yny9f0MY&NR=1


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post Posted: Mon Apr 02, 2018 11:38 am 
Offline
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
User avatar

Joined: Thu Feb 19, 2004 3:59 pm
Posts: 20274
Location: Newbiggin-by-the-Sea
https://twitter.com/SkySportsNews/statu ... 50561?s=19

Genuinely didn't see this one coming!

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post Posted: Mon Apr 02, 2018 12:03 pm 
Offline
Manager
Manager

Joined: Thu Feb 19, 2004 8:17 pm
Posts: 7290
Location: Swindon, Wiltshire
Cally wrote:
https://twitter.com/SkySportsNews/status/980755730419650561?s=19

Genuinely didn't see this one coming!

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk



He did not want a relegation on hic CV.

_________________
In the kingdom of the blind, the one-eyed man is King.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post Posted: Mon Apr 02, 2018 12:20 pm 
Offline
Manager
Manager
User avatar

Joined: Thu Feb 19, 2004 1:26 am
Posts: 23348
Location: South East Bulgaria
gladbachwolf wrote:
Cally wrote:
https://twitter.com/SkySportsNews/status/980755730419650561?s=19

Genuinely didn't see this one coming!

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk



He did not want a relegation on hic CV.


I thought that he talked a good talk, but goings on in the dressing room, poor discipline by some of his senior players off field etc. Still, a bit like us when Morgan fired Mick - a little too late to really change their relegation survival chances - surely.

_________________
Better to keep your mouth shut and appear stupid than to open it and remove all doubt.

Mark Twain


https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCl3PabIYDTl_WqVc4Aitv_g

https://twitter.com/wolf_moscow


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post Posted: Mon Apr 02, 2018 9:48 pm 
Offline
Manager
Manager
User avatar

Joined: Thu Feb 19, 2004 1:26 am
Posts: 23348
Location: South East Bulgaria
Hasselbaink gone from the Cobblers.

_________________
Better to keep your mouth shut and appear stupid than to open it and remove all doubt.

Mark Twain


https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCl3PabIYDTl_WqVc4Aitv_g

https://twitter.com/wolf_moscow


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post Posted: Fri Apr 06, 2018 11:17 pm 
Offline
Manager
Manager

Joined: Sun Oct 07, 2007 9:19 pm
Posts: 6753
knocker knowles wrote:
CANNOCK WOLF wrote:
CANNOCK WOLF wrote:
And Keates wins the raffle..lol


The early signs are not good


Poor move by Thelwell sending Ronan to Portsmouth, Jackett hasn't a clue how to play through the field and is wasting the youngsters abilities.

Last ten minutes at Walsall yesterday, he may has well have gone to Walsall and played the ten role.

Player development gone wrong.


Kevin is on the brink of leaving, I believe...

_________________
In this world, you only, have one life - and I gave mine to Wolves.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post Posted: Sat Apr 07, 2018 5:43 am 
Offline
Manager
Manager
User avatar

Joined: Mon Mar 08, 2004 7:19 am
Posts: 23386
Location: Cannock.
"CANNOCK WOLF"And Keates wins the raffle..lol

The early signs are not good[/quote]

Poor move by Thelwell sending Ronan to Portsmouth, Jackett hasn't a clue how to play through the field and is wasting the youngsters abilities.

Last ten minutes at Walsall yesterday, he may has well have gone to Walsall and played the ten role.

Player development gone wrong.[/quote]

Kevin is on the brink of leaving, I believe...[/quote]

I hope so, his standing this season on player recruitment owes more to others judgment.
Thankyou to Paul Lambert among others.

_________________
Nuno is the first Wolves coach I have believed in since the internet was invented.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post Posted: Tue Apr 10, 2018 10:28 pm 
Offline
Manager
Manager
User avatar

Joined: Mon Mar 08, 2004 7:19 am
Posts: 23386
Location: Cannock.
Mick McCarthy: "I'm out of here!"

Gone.

_________________
Nuno is the first Wolves coach I have believed in since the internet was invented.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post Posted: Tue Apr 10, 2018 11:46 pm 
Offline
Manager
Manager

Joined: Sun Oct 07, 2007 9:19 pm
Posts: 6753
Mick went on his terms..
Played against his first club tonight
All pre arranged, to go, and fair play to him.
Treated poorly and obviously hurt.
Caretaker manager of his own job.

_________________
In this world, you only, have one life - and I gave mine to Wolves.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post Posted: Wed Apr 11, 2018 7:18 am 
Offline
Manager
Manager
User avatar

Joined: Mon Mar 08, 2004 7:19 am
Posts: 23386
Location: Cannock.
CANNOCK WOLF wrote:
Mick went on his terms..
Played against his first club tonight
All pre arranged, to go, and fair play to him.
Treated poorly and obviously hurt.
Caretaker manager of his own job.


He bought the owner time to review his own contribution, an opportunity to revamp the club.

The owner has not used those 5 years well, certain to struggle unless they are blessed with a good appointment and very good fortune.

Near 100 million in debt to the owner with that total rising.

The only good news on the horizon Ipswich have six or seven England youth internationals at various levels within the club.

_________________
Nuno is the first Wolves coach I have believed in since the internet was invented.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post Posted: Wed Apr 11, 2018 12:50 pm 
Offline
Manager
Manager

Joined: Thu Feb 19, 2004 8:17 pm
Posts: 7290
Location: Swindon, Wiltshire
Too many "Numpties" fans at Ipswich, you don't get that at the Mol............. 8) :lol:

_________________
In the kingdom of the blind, the one-eyed man is King.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post Posted: Wed Apr 11, 2018 12:52 pm 
Offline
Manager
Manager
User avatar

Joined: Fri Feb 27, 2004 6:44 pm
Posts: 34707
Location: S E London, near Kent
gladbachwolf wrote:
Too many "Numpties" fans at Ipswich, you don't get that at the Mol............. 8) :lol:

LOL! :mrgreen:

_________________
:wolvlog

The Liquidator... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4m0yny9f0MY&NR=1


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post Posted: Thu Apr 12, 2018 4:14 am 
Offline
Manager
Manager
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jul 15, 2005 4:17 pm
Posts: 4597
I hope he doesn't go to WBA. I want them to suffer for a few years, I really would fancy him to get them up if given a decent budget and the remit to refresh the whole squad.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post Posted: Thu Apr 12, 2018 2:56 pm 
Offline
Manager
Manager
User avatar

Joined: Mon Mar 08, 2004 7:19 am
Posts: 23386
Location: Cannock.
Giuliano Terraneo the new director of football at West Brom. No Championship experience. Suggests a foreign manager and of players coming in from Europe.

_________________
Nuno is the first Wolves coach I have believed in since the internet was invented.


Top 
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
 
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1518 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 46, 47, 48, 49, 50, 51  Next

Board index » GENERAL CHAT » Football chat


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests

 
 

 
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  

The Wolf will always be free to its members, but if you feel you would like to contribute towards the running costs, than please feel free to donate.

 

 

Disclaimer : This forum is for the general discussion/topic of Wolverhampton Wanderers. What is said within the forum is personal opinions, and The Wolf will not be held responsible. Your ip is logged for security reasons. The forum is viewable by the public and any topics you disclose/discuss can be viewed by the public. Some topics on this forum may only be suitable for those aged 18+.