Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » WWFC » Match day stickies

Share On:

Post Posted: Mon Dec 10, 2018 9:51 am 
Manager
Manager

Wolves fans tend to not like Bournemouth, it must be down to their cheating through the years.

Not sure if Wilson is back for them.

Forecast for this one, a nice comfortable home win, 2-0.

Will the real Ruben Neves please stand up.

Share on Facebook Facebook Share on Twitter Twitter
 Post Posted: Mon Dec 10, 2018 10:52 am 
Manager
Manager

knocker knowles wrote:
Wolves fans tend to not like Bournemouth, it must be down to their cheating through the years.

Indeed. He hasn't proved himself in the Prem, for me. His passing has been occasionally quite good at best, his free kicks poor and thankfully he scored a penalty but Moutinho has filled me with more encouragement. I might be alone in this opinion but that's how I see it.

The Liquidator... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4m0yny9f0MY&NR=1

Post Posted: Mon Dec 10, 2018 12:35 pm 
Manager
Manager

A comfortable win would be welcome but is unlikely. Bournemouth have consistently been underestimated based on the club's size, but they romped the Championship (taking 6 points off us in the process) and have never been in any relegation danger since, despite not spending vast sums.

It is becoming more difficult to assess Wolves' chances beforehand as Nuno has started rotating the attack every match, which is sadly more a sign of not finding the right combination, rather than a wealth of top quality options.

Traore continually fails with any task except the impact sub. Costa still has no guts for the fight and Cav had an almost comically bad performance last time he started. There is almost no combination play whatsoever, just individual moves that either pay off or fall flat.

If Wilson is back, it will be a hard afternoon for our defence. His combination with Fraser is as effective as anything we have managed to show to date in the PL in attack.

An important game for Wolves. At home to a side that is comfortable but one which Wolves will want to finish ahead of. The last such was the choke vs Watford.

Post Posted: Mon Dec 10, 2018 1:03 pm 
Manager
Manager

JotaRaulCosta has looked good earlier in the season, Jota has his mojo back now too, go with NevesMoutinho in midfield.

Of the upcoming fixtures Spurs and Liverpool look like the games to stiffen the midfield with MGW as a ten and/or Saiss in. Then again we got plenty of points against the big six with JotaRaulCosta and NevesMoutinho in midfield, over to you Nuno.

http://www.steadfasttrust.org.uk/

Post Posted: Sat Dec 15, 2018 12:08 pm 
Manager
Manager

It's going to get wet across the West Midlands later...

And feeezing cold, wrap up warm.

Post Posted: Sat Dec 15, 2018 3:26 pm 
YTS

Think I’d have kept Saiss in given the weather forecast, but if we can settle early I think we’ll have a fairly comfortable afternoon. MGW to open his account in a 3-0 win.

Post Posted: Sat Dec 15, 2018 4:56 pm 
Manager
Manager

Reasonable first half.

Game has been a bit of a non-event so far, the conditions dictating the play. Shame Jota is off, he was looking lively. I expect Bournemouth to put Wilson on and then let's see how we fare.

Post Posted: Sat Dec 15, 2018 6:46 pm 
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Supa dupa, 7th in the Prem, love this team

Post Posted: Sat Dec 15, 2018 7:32 pm 
Prediction League Winner 2015/16

Great result! (Had to follow in back row of dress rehearsal for a concert this evening!! Wife and son attended - and I expect full report on their return!)

Fantastic to be 7th one point behind Man Utd. And to think of the gloom and despondency when 1 point from 6 games in Oct/Nov....

Shame on those with little faith!

Bring on the Reds!

E Tenebris Oritur Lux - The Power of Positivity

Post Posted: Sat Dec 15, 2018 7:33 pm 
First XI
First XI

The great thing about being on holiday in Europe is I have got to watch the last two Wolves games live on (lets say TV) :) Thoroughly enjoyable!!

Post Posted: Sat Dec 15, 2018 7:49 pm 
Manager
Manager

Due to weather I eschewed my usual post match drink in the pub and headed straight home in the car from my usual Saturday game and listened to Talksport's coverage. They were very complimentary, fully deserved, looked comfortable on the ball etc.

Post Posted: Sat Dec 15, 2018 8:10 pm 
Wolves Academy
Wolves Academy

The biggest thing about this run is what it says about Nuno
After the first real setback of his Wolves career he has kept confidence levels high enough to get the performance levels needed

He also has shown the flexibility to change his favoured system in a positive way

And how many top level managers would hand an 18 year old the key role in the system after the run we have had

Top marks

In Nuno we trust...

Post Posted: Sat Dec 15, 2018 9:06 pm 
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Pos Team Pld W D L GF GA -/+ Pts
1 Manchester City 17 14 2 1 48 10 +38 44
2 Liverpool 16 13 3 0 34 6 +28 42
3 Tottenham 17 13 0 4 31 16 +15 39
4 Chelsea 16 10 4 2 33 13 +20 34
5 Arsenal 16 10 4 2 35 20 +15 34
6 Man United 16 7 5 4 28 26 +2 26
7 Wolves 17 7 4 6 19 19 0 25

Never thought I would see such a sight again - all the sort of teams we want to mix with, just above us - may be a pipe dream to crack the top 6, but Fosun, Nuno et al seem to have the belief they can do it - living twixt Liverpool and Manchester, would be lovely to finish ahead of Utd ( to start with!)
Heady, but exciting times.

Bummer the table didn't come out right, even after i re-spaced everything!!

Post Posted: Sat Dec 15, 2018 10:17 pm 
Manager
Manager

THE BIG BAD WOLF wrote:
Due to weather I eschewed my usual post match drink in the pub and headed straight home in the car from my usual Saturday game and listened to Talksport's coverage. They were very complimentary, fully deserved, looked comfortable on the ball etc.

I understand you well, TBBW.

Sadly, I missed my chat and drink with Warn as a result of being booked on an earlier train home. However, by the time I walked past the Moon I was drowned as a rat and the thought of drinking wasn't the best of things which came to mind. Fortunately I dried out on the train.

However, about the match, I was spellbound from the moment we scored to the second goal. The ball skills and speed of foot of both teams and their dribbling under those conditions was commendable. It was perfectly understandable that passing was poor at times as we recognised when walking through driving rain and swirling winds back to the station.

Sorry, Warn, but I think it was a good idea to miss out on a drink under the circumstances. However, your thoughts about the game will always be appreciated on the 'net.

For me, Bennett and Jimenez were once again awesome. Moutinho, Coady, Jonny and Boly were very good, Neves was better than he has been of late and MGW was worth his selection. Jota was very good until his injury, as was Cav when he came on who basically set himself up with his pass and return and should be awarded the goal and assist to his credit but Costa continues to worry me. OK, I've missed out Rui and the Doc but they did what they had to do and we know how valuable they are to the team.

Last edited by SELWolf on Sun Dec 16, 2018 12:01 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Post Posted: Sun Dec 16, 2018 2:04 am 
Manager
Manager

SELWolf wrote:
THE BIG BAD WOLF wrote:

Sadly, I missed my chat and drink with Warn as a result of being booked on an earlier train home. However, by the time I walked past the Moon I was drowned as a rat and the thought of drinking wasn't the best of things which came to mind. Fortunately I dried out on the train.

However, about the match, I was spellbound from the moment we scored to the second goal. The ball skills and speed of foot of both teams and their dribbling under those conditions was commendable. It was perfectly understandable that passing was poor at times as we recognised when walking through driving rain and swirling winds back to the station.

Sorry, Warn, but I think it was a good idea to miss out on a drink under the circumstances. However, your thoughts about the game will always be appreciated on the 'net.

For me, Bennett and Jimenez were once again, awesome, Moutinho, Coady, Jonny and Boly were very good, Neves was better, MGW was worth his selection. Jota was very good until his injury as was Cav when he came on who basically set himself up with his pass and return and should be awarded the goal and assist to his credit but Costa continues to worry me. OK, I've missed out Rui but he did what he had to do and we know how valuable he is to the team.

That sounds about right SEL .... however missing a drink? Undefendable. :lol:

I thought Bournemouth passed the ball well without looking particularly dangerous, but what that because we nullified their attacks?

They pressed our back line well but they looked vulnerable when we were able to pass through their press.

Hard fought victory which again could have been easier if we had made more of our attacking situations.

Post Posted: Sun Dec 16, 2018 10:51 am 
Manager
Manager

The BBC's coverage on their web site is the usual disgrace. iI you click on Wolverhampton Wanderers you will be taken to an article on Eddy Howe.

Post Posted: Sun Dec 16, 2018 11:00 am 
Manager
Manager

warn wrote:
SELWolf wrote:
THE BIG BAD WOLF wrote:

For me, Bennett and Jimenez were once again, awesome, Moutinho, Coady, Jonny and Boly were very good, Neves was better, MGW was worth his selection. Jota was very good until his injury as was Cav when he came on who basically set himself up with his pass and return and should be awarded the goal and assist to his credit but Costa continues to worry me. OK, I've missed out Rui but he did what he had to do and we know how valuable he is to the team.

That sounds about right SEL .... however missing a drink? Undefendable. :lol:

I thought Bournemouth passed the ball well without looking particularly dangerous, but what that because we nullified their attacks?

They pressed our back line well but they looked vulnerable when we were able to pass through their press.

Hard fought victory which again could have been easier if we had made more of our attacking situations.

Another time, our Warn. :wink:

I also missed Dave, Jon & Co in the Posada. At about 1:00 pm it looked like it was going to rain heavily so went to watch the match in the North Bank bar. Sod's Law for the weather...the Xmas market in town looked a real treat before lunch but probably ended up being a washout.

Post Posted: Sun Dec 16, 2018 11:03 am 
Manager
Manager

There's a nice clever evolution to this Wolves side, good victory.

Post Posted: Sun Dec 16, 2018 7:54 pm 

knocker knowles wrote:

Should have stuck with this prediction KK. You changed to 1-0 on the Prediction League!

E Tenebris Oritur Lux - The Power of Positivity

Post Posted: Mon Dec 17, 2018 12:50 pm 
Manager
Manager

SilverstoneWolf wrote:
knocker knowles wrote:

Should have stuck with this prediction KK. You changed to 1-0 on the Prediction League!

I noticed Rozza ha gone for 2-0 so thought I would try something different.

Post Posted: Mon Dec 17, 2018 3:38 pm 
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

raggedwolf wrote:
The biggest thing about this run is what it says about Nuno
After the first real setback of his Wolves career he has kept confidence levels high enough to get the performance levels needed

He also has shown the flexibility to change his favoured system in a positive way

And how many top level managers would hand an 18 year old the key role in the system after the run we have had

Top marks

In Nuno we trust...

Relieved,I was beginning to wonder

Post Posted: Mon Dec 17, 2018 4:37 pm 
Manager
Manager

NES made the tactical tweak that was needed by adding an extra body in the middle of the park, credit due as a lot managers can be very pig headed.

Post Posted: Mon Dec 17, 2018 8:05 pm 
Manager
Manager

THE BIG BAD WOLF wrote:
NES made the tactical tweak that was needed by adding an extra body in the middle of the park, credit due as a lot managers can be very pig headed.

its a very good point, also showing Nuno is prepared to try things and still sees that he has things to learn.

www.vwcaddy.com

Board index » WWFC » Match day stickies