Login    Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » GENERAL CHAT » The news stand

Share On:

Post subject: Drones
 Post Posted: Wed Jul 22, 2015 9:20 pm 
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-33612631

We are walking into a catastrophe with these things. In an age where terrorism awaits with baited breath, we as a nation are ignoring the massive threat these things offer.

Want to deliver a payload through the Queens bedroom window with impunity?, want to bring down a plane over London/Birmingham/Edinburgh/Paris/Berlin/Milton keynes?, want to send a dirty bomb through the window of Number 10, well all you need is to goo on Ebay and buy one using whatever credentials you want to, the bigger the better, a few days training and its the Twin Towers at a fraction of the cost.

In the modern history of warfare, if you control the skies you hold the upper hand in the main. I cannot believe the complacency that these things are being regarded as.

Imagine buying five of these things and having a like minded clientele. You could wreak mayhem with them.

The symbology of Drone strikes in a Western Capital would not be lost on an nation or movement or religion who's leading members were taken out or killed by a drone strike from a Western force.

We are ambling into a precarious situation in allowing the free movement of tools that can really hurt us as a society.

Share on Facebook Facebook Share on Twitter Twitter
 Post subject: Re: Drones
 Post Posted: Wed Jul 22, 2015 10:35 pm 
Manager
Manager

Me mukka's just bought one, but his motives are less threatening, as he's more keen on spying on the women in his close, particularly the bird who used to be a Kate Middleton impersonator.

Post Posted: Thu Jul 23, 2015 9:08 am 
Manager
Manager

E-bay?I bought one down Bilston market!

Post Posted: Thu Jul 23, 2015 10:25 am 
Manager
Manager

I married one...... :cry:

Post Posted: Thu Jul 23, 2015 10:08 pm 
Manager
Manager

suiging wrote:

Make that two.

Post Posted: Thu Jul 23, 2015 11:39 pm 
Manager
Manager

Embers wrote:
suiging wrote:

Make that two.

Thanks, but one's enough........ 8)

Post Posted: Thu Jul 23, 2015 11:57 pm 
Manager
Manager

suiging wrote:
Embers wrote:
suiging wrote:

Make that two.

Thanks, but one's enough........ 8)

Hell yes!

Post Posted: Fri Jul 24, 2015 12:21 pm 
Manager
Manager

I'd buy one just to spy on Ember's Dad and his conquests.

The tips might come in handy for the new book. :roll:

I'd love to get one, but would no doubt crash it during the first outing and they're not cheap or are they?

Need something big enough to carry a small camera.

Funnily enough, I bought myself a pair of small Pentax Binoculars yesterday and very pleased with the results judging by the tattoos on females I was able to read at 100 metres. :roll:

Mark Twain

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCl3PabIYDTl_WqVc4Aitv_g

https://twitter.com/wolf_moscow

Post Posted: Fri Jul 24, 2015 1:52 pm 
Manager
Manager

Moscow Wolf wrote:
I'd buy one just to spy on Ember's Dad and his conquests.

The tips might come in handy for the new book. :roll:

I'd love to get one, but would no doubt crash it during the first outing and they're not cheap or are they?

Need something big enough to carry a small camera.

Funnily enough, I bought myself a pair of small Pentax Binoculars yesterday and very pleased with the results judging by the tattoos on females I was able to read at 100 metres. :roll:

Let me know if his conquesting causes a heart attack. He's already been in hospital twice, and me thinks a third time could be Adam Faith time.

Post Posted: Tue Aug 25, 2015 10:36 pm 
Wolves Academy
Wolves Academy

Rozza wrote:

We are walking into a catastrophe with these things.

American terrorists have been causing catastrophes with these things for years.

Post Posted: Wed Aug 26, 2015 2:35 am 
Manager
Manager

Rozza wrote:

We are walking into a catastrophe with these things. In an age where terrorism awaits with baited breath, we as a nation are ignoring the massive threat these things offer.

Want to deliver a payload through the Queens bedroom window with impunity?, want to bring down a plane over London/Birmingham/Edinburgh/Paris/Berlin/Milton keynes?, want to send a dirty bomb through the window of Number 10, well all you need is to goo on Ebay and buy one using whatever credentials you want to, the bigger the better, a few days training and its the Twin Towers at a fraction of the cost.

In the modern history of warfare, if you control the skies you hold the upper hand in the main. I cannot believe the complacency that these things are being regarded as.

Imagine buying five of these things and having a like minded clientele. You could wreak mayhem with them.

The symbology of Drone strikes in a Western Capital would not be lost on an nation or movement or religion who's leading members were taken out or killed by a drone strike from a Western force.

We are ambling into a precarious situation in allowing the free movement of tools that can really hurt us as a society.

On a serious note, anything else with such "potential" for destruction, requires Joe Public to have a license. Guns, a car, aircraft or the like are regulated or outright banned.

Time to wise up in Westminster.

Post Posted: Sun Aug 30, 2015 2:58 pm 
Manager
Manager

I work with a lot of drones and they are wreaking havoc on my sanity.

Post Posted: Mon Nov 23, 2015 12:31 am 
Manager
Manager

Good to see the jolly RAF will be able to get their hands on a shed load more (well a couple ) of these to fly over and bomb the shite out of the Islamist toasters wherever they may hide.

Hip hop hooray....... spiffing

Post Posted: Thu Dec 20, 2018 9:20 am 
Manager
Manager

suiging wrote:
Rozza wrote:

On a serious note, anything else with such "potential" for destruction, requires Joe Public to have a license. Guns, a car, aircraft or the like are regulated or outright banned.

Time to wise up in Westminster.

Sorry...the last line made me laff......it's,how many years too late?

Post Posted: Thu Dec 20, 2018 9:21 am 
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Three years ago I wrote this, sod all has been done since and now we see a major airport bought to a standstill because of one of these.

Post Posted: Thu Dec 20, 2018 9:23 am 
Manager
Manager

Very surprised that they can be used near huge international airports.

Post Posted: Thu Dec 20, 2018 10:13 am 
Manager
Manager

Dear UK Media

Just a note from your friends here in the Chipping Norton, Islamic State supporters club. The lads here in Chipping have been looking around for some time at ways to bring the word of he who is to be praised to the unbelievers, without the chance of getting shot. A thing none of us here, or our Brothers in Islington fancy much.

Your coverage about how a couple of children's toys has brought an International Airport to it's knees without the need for any of us to risk a fat lot, is flipping wonderful...inshallah.

That flat-foot Rozza, did warn you, but what does he know ?

Post Posted: Thu Dec 20, 2018 10:40 am 
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

I'd ban em full stop - I said that years ago and got shot down at work... 'it can't be done ', 'it's only a toy' , 'you are a spoilsport' , 'you're a fascist' etc. etc.

I only hope those people are now stuck in that queue.

Post Posted: Thu Dec 20, 2018 4:45 pm 
Manager
Manager

Anything drone - like within a quarter of a mile of an airport should be shot down, no questions asked. Pain in the arse these fucking things, ban the sale of them too.

Post Posted: Fri Dec 21, 2018 10:36 am 
Manager
Manager

Do the powers that be have the remit to go and search houses local to airports?

Post Posted: Fri Dec 21, 2018 1:56 pm 
Manager
Manager

knocker knowles wrote:
Do the powers that be have the remit to go and search houses local to airports?

It's an arrestable offence, I would certainly hope so.

Post Posted: Fri Dec 21, 2018 3:25 pm 
Manager
Manager

Tory minister thinks they should unleash the dogs. Strange person.

Post Posted: Fri Dec 21, 2018 5:30 pm 
Manager
Manager

knocker knowles wrote:
Tory minister thinks they should unleash the dogs. Strange person.

He was referring to the Christmas recess

Post Posted: Sun Dec 23, 2018 8:58 am 
Manager
Manager

Two people helping police.

If guilty it would be nice if they were placed in stocks at Gatwick Airport during the day with baggage handling duties through the night.

Post Posted: Sun Dec 23, 2018 2:44 pm 
Manager
Manager

knocker knowles wrote:
Two people helping police.

If guilty it would be nice if they were placed in stocks at Gatwick Airport during the day with baggage handling duties through the night.

Considering the hundreds of thousands of pounds they've cost people, not to mention the inconvenience to thousands of travellers, I hope that if convicted, they'll be cleaning the bogs in prison for a few years.

Post Posted: Sun Dec 23, 2018 5:31 pm 
Manager
Manager

If they form a Drone party, I'll vote for it. One member did more to stop immigration in a day, than politicians have done this year.

Board index » GENERAL CHAT » The news stand