Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » WWFC » Match day stickies

Share On:

Post Posted: Sun Dec 23, 2018 8:14 am 
Manager
Manager

Boxing day and remember its an early kick off.

Take the lead Wolves, play controlled football and you run out comfortable winners.

Forecast Fulham 1 Wolves 2.

Jota 21.

Share on Facebook Facebook Share on Twitter Twitter
 Post subject: Re: Fulham vs Wolves
 Post Posted: Sun Dec 23, 2018 11:53 am 
Manager
Manager

This one has banana skin written all over it - same as Huddersfield. Fulham will fancy their chances of scoring against us and have finally managed a clean sheet yesterday.

The question is whether Wolves refind some ruthlessness and composure in front of goal again. I'm hoping to see Jota back involved.

Post Posted: Sun Dec 23, 2018 12:16 pm 
Manager
Manager

If Traore doesn't start we should win this.

http://www.steadfasttrust.org.uk/

Post Posted: Sun Dec 23, 2018 12:59 pm 
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

If we stay switched on at the back and are clinical up top it's almost a guaranteed Wolves victory. Don't do that and it could be a bad day.
Last season we struggled to cope with their attacking play and Mitrovic caused us all sorts of problems. Let's hope we've learned from that game.

Fulham 1 - 3 Wolves.

Post Posted: Sun Dec 23, 2018 2:50 pm 
Manager
Manager

Great opportunity for some points as Fulham will look to play unlike the physical Cardiff, so on the break we should create enough chances to win the game. We need to keep Kamara quiet though...

Post Posted: Sun Dec 23, 2018 4:47 pm 
Manager
Manager

Mitrovic is the type of forward who always causes us problems, same as Rondon. Last game to get through without a yellow for Bennett, Coady and Jota before the 5 yellows for a ban expires.

Post Posted: Wed Dec 26, 2018 11:50 am 
Prediction League Winner 2015/16

On train from Oxford (Chiltern line running!) with my lad. Feel rough! Hope players are better! Looking forward to fast pressing game to get rid of cobwebs!

Don’t let us travelling fans down boys!!

E Tenebris Oritur Lux - The Power of Positivity

Post Posted: Wed Dec 26, 2018 12:12 pm 
Manager
Manager

SilverstoneWolf wrote:
On train from Oxford (Chiltern line running!) with my lad. Feel rough! Hope players are better! Looking forward to fast pressing game to get rid of cobwebs!

Don’t let us travelling fans down boys!!

Enjoy your turkey sandwich. :mrgreen:

The Liquidator... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4m0yny9f0MY&NR=1

Post Posted: Wed Dec 26, 2018 12:42 pm 
Manager
Manager

Interesting selection today.

https://twitter.com/tim_spiers_Star/sta ... 8057297920

Post Posted: Wed Dec 26, 2018 1:08 pm 
Manager
Manager

Interesting indeed, should be looking for the three points today so not what I would have gone for.

Post Posted: Wed Dec 26, 2018 2:06 pm 
Manager
Manager

Nice interplay and combinations from them going forward, us not so much.

Don't know why we don't match them 343, two wingers flanking Raul. Not got Doherty in to the game enough either.

Post Posted: Wed Dec 26, 2018 2:23 pm 
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Too pedestrian from us. Need to up the intensity. Fulham looking far more likely to score so far with Mitrovic causing all sorts of problems. Doesn't look like we've learned anything from last seasons game there.

Cavaleiro for Traore ASAP for me.

Post Posted: Wed Dec 26, 2018 2:29 pm 
Manager
Manager

lankywolf wrote:
Too pedestrian from us. Need to up the intensity. Fulham looking far more likely to score so far with Mitrovic causing all sorts of problems. Doesn't look like we've learned anything from last seasons game there.

Cavaleiro for Traore ASAP for me.

Yes I agree. Mitrovic and Kamara look dangerous, they seem to want it more than us. Thought Saiss was unlucky to be booked. He has took a lot of stick and it wasn`t as if he slapped the guy, he just pushed him.

Post Posted: Wed Dec 26, 2018 2:30 pm 
First XI
First XI

in the middle of the italian countryside and not having any luck finding a little river. pm?

Post Posted: Wed Dec 26, 2018 3:22 pm 
Manager
Manager

Just don't think we can write off games like this by starting Traore, he is a super sub. I often criticise Saiss but he was excellent today. SHould have been three points.

Post Posted: Wed Dec 26, 2018 3:30 pm 
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Poor first half, much better second without creating too many chances, the difference when Cav came on was telling, Traore is gonna wind me up no end. Moutinho was superb

Post Posted: Wed Dec 26, 2018 3:32 pm 
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Quite a poor performance I thought. Improved a bit second half and had lots of possession, but created very little against the worst defence in the league.

Of our 70% possession I bet a good chunk of that is passing it across our back three waiting for the opposition to get themselves into position. There was no stretching of the play, no dragging opposition players out of position. It was just all bit slow and predictable.

Defensively, one player ran them ragged on his own and he must be wondering how he hasn't scored.

This team needs to learn show the same level of intensity against the shit teams as well.

Post Posted: Wed Dec 26, 2018 3:41 pm 
Manager
Manager

I bet the neutrals turned off early. Poor game from our point of view. Said it before, I just don`t see what Traore does for us, bench warmer at best. Saiss and Moutinho were excellent for us, Costa has lost his mojo. Another point towards survival.

Post Posted: Wed Dec 26, 2018 5:33 pm 
Manager
Manager

desiwulf wrote:
I bet the neutrals turned off early. Poor game from our point of view. Said it before, I just don`t see what Traore does for us, bench warmer at best. Saiss and Moutinho were excellent for us, Costa has lost his mojo. Another point towards survival.

About right. The one time we got behind the Fulham defence and we scored. By and large, Fulham looked a bit fragile got a lot of bodies behind the ball, and were there for the taking but we just couldn't break them down. I think 1-1 was about right, and a similar result at Wembley on Saturday would be most welcome, as Sperz are currently stuffing Bournemouth.

Post Posted: Wed Dec 26, 2018 6:38 pm 
Manager
Manager

Poor first half, dominated the second without any penetration or end product. Got out of jail and glad of a point. We'll play better at Wembley.... :wink:

Post Posted: Thu Dec 27, 2018 1:13 am 
Manager
Manager

I've watched it several times now and that was never a foul by Saiss on Mitrovic who backed into Saiss and he fell over back into him.

On another note, on MotD Neville thought that Neves was playing. I suppose he meant Saiss but then he could have meant Jimenez but there again...what a howler. :mrgreen:

Post Posted: Thu Dec 27, 2018 2:39 am 
Manager
Manager

The game went exactly as I expected, especially after seeing our line-up. Mitrovic made himself look like Ibrahimovic against us as ever.

Fortunate to escape with a point. And a baffling strategy to target Spurs as the game to win over Fulham.(surely if you are prioritising a game you do not bench Neves and let Traore play a PL match from the start?!). A very odd approach - and a dismal spectacle for the neutrals no doubt - from an imminently winnable fixture.

Saiss was Wolves' MOM even before his goal. Moutinho okay without creating anything of note. Cav was the only attacker who offered brains with his movement all game long.

Post Posted: Thu Dec 27, 2018 9:43 am 
Manager
Manager

I find it interesting that because we have been, and continue to be, badly treated by the media, and the PL referees, we sort of accept the clear Fulham handball, and don't mention that yet again we are denied the opportunity for the win.

Sad isn't it. :oops:

Post Posted: Thu Dec 27, 2018 11:25 am 
Manager
Manager

suiging wrote:
I find it interesting that because we have been, and continue to be, badly treated by the media, and the PL referees, we sort of accept the clear Fulham handball, and don't mention that yet again we are denied the opportunity for the win.

Sad isn't it. :oops:

I don't think that Saiss fouled Mitrovic for the free kick. He sold it to Marriner.

Although the commentators didn't think Doc should have had a penalty awarded against him I reckon a few refs would have given it.

Post Posted: Thu Dec 27, 2018 11:54 am 

Don't think we made much of a claim for the handball, and agree it was not a foul before their goal. As a ref (many years ago!) I became increasingly aware of forwards who step back quickly into defenders, forcing the defender to grab them to stop themselves falling over backwards.

Remember Dickov doing it in th penalty area against us and wining penalty. Do refs not look for this any more? In my experience, attackers commit MORE fouls than defenders, but get away with far more.

E Tenebris Oritur Lux - The Power of Positivity

Post Posted: Thu Dec 27, 2018 12:12 pm 
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Personally, I don't feel that refs are particularly biased against us even if it seems that way sometimes when a decision doesn't go our way. I also thought the Sky commentary team were very clear that they felt we should have had the penalty for handball. The main problem yesterday was that while Traore was on there was little intelligent movement up front because no-one including himself, knows where he is going and what he is going to do. Also we didn't know how to deal with Mitrovic.

I agree that forwards often make free kicks for themselves by conning referees and I also notice that the top teams seem to fall over a lot and are always in the referees ear. These are areas where we are less effective - perhaps we play "too nice".

Post Posted: Thu Dec 27, 2018 12:58 pm 
Manager
Manager

What a strange team selection it seemed when announced at 2 o clock, possibly the worst selection since Nuno arrived.
Sometimes you just look at the names on the teamsheet and think how is that supposed to work, especially from an attacking point of view.

It was one of the games that you hope to get to half time with no score on the board, then correct to collect.

Best to write it off there were so many things wrong against possibly the worst team in this League.

Two points thrown away, we move on.

Marks out of ten.

Traore and MGW three each, the rest six and sevens.

Post Posted: Thu Dec 27, 2018 3:02 pm 
Manager
Manager

knocker knowles wrote:
What a strange team selection it seemed when announced at 2 o clock, possibly the worst selection since Nuno arrived.
Sometimes you just look at the names on the teamsheet and think how is that supposed to work, especially from an attacking point of view.

It was one of the games that you hope to get to half time with no score on the board, then correct to collect.

Best to write it off there were so many things wrong against possibly the worst team in this League.

Marks out of ten.

Strange indeed.

There has been some rumour that some players have been affected by an illness bug.
I don't know if this is true or had an effect on selection.

Post Posted: Thu Dec 27, 2018 4:14 pm 
Manager
Manager

warn wrote:
Strange indeed.

There has been some rumour that some players have been affected by an illness bug.

There has definitely been a bug going around which was why that youngster made the bench. However, I don't think Traore and MGW's efforts had anything to do with illness, they just know what the team wanted from them. Nuno clearly had one sherry too many on Xmas day.

Post Posted: Thu Dec 27, 2018 5:56 pm 
Manager
Manager

warn wrote:
knocker knowles wrote:

Marks out of ten.

Strange indeed.

Keeping them wrapped in cotton wool to be sold next month along with Neves. :smt017

Board index » WWFC » Match day stickies