Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » WWFC » Match day stickies

Share On:

Post Posted: Thu Apr 18, 2019 9:11 am 
Manager
Manager

A match for Wolves to enjoy against a side facing relegation issues.

So unusual for us to not be involved. Let that sink in when we review the season.

Do Brighton need to come and try and play, they badly need the three points.

Forecast for this one. Wolves 3 Brighton 2.

Let the sunshine.

Share on Facebook Facebook Share on Twitter Twitter
 Post subject: Re: Wolves vs Brighton
 Post Posted: Thu Apr 18, 2019 9:15 am 
Manager
Manager

Brighton must be on a downer after their recent results, but has our holiday got the lads out of the post-Wembley funk?

A win is a must if we want to be "best of the rest", but Brighton aren't a team we generally beat and Nuno's not having the best of runs when it comes to in-game management.

As with many Wolves games it probably comes down to Jimenez and Jota linking up well to carry the weak links of the side.

Post Posted: Thu Apr 18, 2019 9:19 am 
Manager
Manager

I fear this tie more than Liverpool at the end. :(

Post Posted: Thu Apr 18, 2019 9:36 am 
Manager
Manager

Houghton is Mick without the charisma.

Both teams with cup hangovers but with the weather and home advantage I see a comfortable win.

Hopefully Bennett back in and Vinagre on the left.

http://www.steadfasttrust.org.uk/

Post Posted: Thu Apr 18, 2019 12:22 pm 
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Hughton very defensive, they will probably get just one chance all game and Glenn Murray will score it, 1-0 for Bogey and Hove Albion

Post Posted: Fri Apr 19, 2019 10:44 am 
Manager
Manager

If Ryan Bennett doesn't return instead of Saiss he may as well pack his bags and sell his home.

Post Posted: Sat Apr 20, 2019 2:43 pm 
Manager
Manager

Greetings from a very wet and windy Costa Blanca. It's horrible here. COYW.

Post Posted: Sat Apr 20, 2019 3:36 pm 
Manager
Manager

Pedestrian first half and no shots on target at all for all our possession. Brighton will be loving this.

As good as Moutinho and Neves are at passing, the tempo is too often too slow with them and Brighton can sit deep and mop this pace up no problem.

MGW doing his usual FIFA Playstation game, some slick touches and showing for the ball but the end result is of zero benefit to the team and his miscontrol almost gifted Brighton a golden chance. Jimenez has been non-existent as a threat so far too.

Slight chance for a penalty on Jota but Attwell was never likely to assist. Despite Wolves' good intentions it's been a real bore of a game all in all.

If we aren't careful this could end up like Huddersfield away here, as we once again fail to hit a team low on confidence with the early blow (I see Watford took 4 mins to score there today).

Post Posted: Sat Apr 20, 2019 4:56 pm 
Manager
Manager

Predictably woeful performance against a struggler... and still the Fulham disaster to round off the season at home.

It's always felt like our season ended once Deeney converted that penalty and nothing since has really challenged that.

70 minutes wasted by Nuno playing Jonny and MGW. A full back who doesn't create against goals and a midfielder who doesn't create or score at home against a team as shaky as Brighton.

Post Posted: Sat Apr 20, 2019 6:22 pm 
Wolves Reserve
Wolves Reserve

Down to ten men again once Traore came on .. the nearest thing to Forest Gump in a Wolves shirt.

Post Posted: Sat Apr 20, 2019 6:28 pm 
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Vinagre looked good when he came on. A bit disappointed we didn't start with him to be honest. Jonny is a decent defender, but he offers next to nothing going forward so against a team who we knew wouldn't be overly adventurous I thought he might get the nod.

Post Posted: Sat Apr 20, 2019 7:21 pm 
Manager
Manager

A typical Wolves performance against a bottom six team. A real win for Brighton.
Did Traore get a single run? What was with that switching the ball at the back while they were sitting back in the last five minutes? They want us to waste time for them.
Total rubbish!
It is great that we are one of the best counterattacking sides in the Premiership, but as an attacking side we do not offer much. That needs to change over the Summer.

Post Posted: Sat Apr 20, 2019 7:46 pm 
First XI
First XI

DazDC5 wrote:
Down to ten men again once Traore came on .. the nearest thing to Forest Gump in a Wolves shirt.

Utter bollox you speak. In the 7 minutes he was given he had three excellent runs and put in crosses asking to be attacked. Honestly, silly comments like yours are laughable. 7 minutes the guy had to change the game. Christ above.

Post Posted: Sun Apr 21, 2019 8:27 am 
Manager
Manager

Deano's Golden Boots wrote:
DazDC5 wrote:

Utter bollox you speak. In the 7 minutes he was given he had three excellent runs and put in crosses asking to be attacked. Honestly, silly comments like yours are laughable. 7 minutes the guy had to change the game. Christ above.

I thought the centre forward should have attacked that late opportunity when Traore created space for himself and delivered a fine ball into the danger zone.

Though the inability for ALL players to pass and move in combination when in the opponents half continues to be the greatest problem.

Post Posted: Sun Apr 21, 2019 9:29 am 
Manager
Manager

Wolfhawk wrote:
It is great that we are one of the best counterattacking sides in the Premiership, but as an attacking side we do not offer much. That needs to change over the Summer.

We don't do it fast enough and that's our downfall. It's far too often a case of playing against 10 at the back because they've had time to regroup and pumping high balls for the oppo to snuff out. Why the Hell we continued with that tactic well into the second half is beyond me!

The Liquidator... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4m0yny9f0MY&NR=1

Post Posted: Sun Apr 21, 2019 9:42 am 
First XI
First XI

knocker knowles wrote:
DazDC5 wrote:

I thought the centre forward should have attacked that late opportunity when Traore created space for himself and delivered a fine ball into the danger zone.

Though the inability for ALL players to pass and move in combination when in the opponents half continues to be the greatest problem.

That's right. It's our main failing at the minute. Confident Nuno will address this.

Post Posted: Sun Apr 21, 2019 9:43 am 
First XI
First XI

SELWolf wrote:
Wolfhawk wrote:

We don't do it fast enough and that's our downfall. It's far too often a case of playing against 10 at the back because they've had time to regroup and pumping high balls for the oppo to snuff out. Why the Hell we continued with that tactic well into the second half is beyond me!

Yep. Lack of forward movement and speed down the flanks was our problem yesterday.

Post Posted: Sun Apr 21, 2019 10:05 am 
Manager
Manager

SELWolf wrote:
Wolfhawk wrote:

Yep. Lack of forward movement and speed down the flanks was our problem yesterday.

Within Wolves system its often five and five.

Five required to circulate the ball into the forward five.
Forward five being the wing backs, forward linking midfield player, two strikers.

How often do those five forward players pass in more than two pass combinations.

Compare that to what the top six clubs regards combination play.
Pep at Man City is the master at this type of coaching, Raheem Sterling a perfect example of a player who now mixes his game to suit the in game requirements.

Board index » WWFC » Match day stickies