Login    Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » GENERAL CHAT » The news stand




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 160 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Share On:

Author Message
 Post subject: General Election 2019
 Post Posted: Tue Oct 29, 2019 12:20 pm 
Offline
Manager
Manager
User avatar

Joined: Mon Mar 08, 2004 7:19 am
Posts: 25231
Location: Cannock.
Its time to clear the mind of past choices, read each parties manifesto then make a choice of which party to support.

Who can convince me this time?

_________________
For some of us life is not about self interest.


Top 
 Profile  
 
Share on Facebook Facebook Share on Twitter Twitter
 Post Posted: Tue Oct 29, 2019 1:18 pm 
Offline
Manager
Manager

Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2007 1:38 am
Posts: 17248
Location: Moved
knocker knowles wrote:
Its time to clear the mind of past choices, read each parties manifesto then make a choice of which party to support.

Who can convince me this time?


Mmmmm...... Tough one that Knocker. Can't think who you'll support being the unbiased character that you are.

_________________
Dyslexics lives mattress


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post Posted: Tue Oct 29, 2019 2:46 pm 
Offline
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Joined: Sun Mar 12, 2006 6:09 pm
Posts: 21509
Location: Four Oaks
suiging wrote:
knocker knowles wrote:
Its time to clear the mind of past choices, read each parties manifesto then make a choice of which party to support.

Who can convince me this time?


Mmmmm...... Tough one that Knocker. Can't think who you'll support being the unbiased character that you are.


:lol:

_________________
The next level awaits - Champions League or, err, Championship


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post Posted: Tue Oct 29, 2019 3:40 pm 
Offline
Manager
Manager

Joined: Sat Feb 13, 2010 5:46 pm
Posts: 4204
So ower Jezza wants to "expand the franchise for this GE" & include 16 years old and EU citizens to rewrite the rules to give them a better chance.
WTF is gong on in his tiny muddled mind- apart from trying to cheat of course- pathetic.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post Posted: Tue Oct 29, 2019 5:25 pm 
Offline
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Joined: Mon Feb 23, 2004 11:55 pm
Posts: 18915
knocker knowles wrote:
Its time to clear the mind of past choices, read each parties manifesto then make a choice of which party to support.

Who can convince me this time?


Battering your bollocks flat with a Boris Johnson shaped mallet would not sway your myopic view mate, I doubt if anyone will bother trying.

_________________
There is no substitute for hard work.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post Posted: Tue Oct 29, 2019 11:07 pm 
Offline
Manager
Manager

Joined: Sun Oct 07, 2007 9:19 pm
Posts: 7171
Do voters want another election or another referendum?

Its a election that could end Johnson's or Corbyn's career, when neither deserve the chance to lead this country..and
How can Labour be continually behind a shambolic Tory government in the polls?

_________________
In this world, you only, have one life - and I gave mine to Wolves.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post Posted: Wed Oct 30, 2019 8:50 am 
Offline
Manager
Manager

Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2007 1:38 am
Posts: 17248
Location: Moved
CANNOCK WOLF wrote:
Do voters want another election or another referendum?

Its a election that could end Johnson's or Corbyn's career, when neither deserve the chance to lead this country..and
How can Labour be continually behind a shambolic Tory government in the polls?



Simply because of the two total buffoons that lead this countries leading party's; one is a lying, unkempt fool, and the other is Corbyn. A man who has both of those traits, but pips Bozza at the post by being a communist and a friend of terrorists. And never forget his total lack of judgment and desperation personified by the simple fact that he shagged Abbott.

_________________
Dyslexics lives mattress


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post Posted: Wed Oct 30, 2019 9:30 am 
Offline
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Joined: Mon Feb 23, 2004 11:55 pm
Posts: 18915
suiging wrote:
CANNOCK WOLF wrote:
Do voters want another election or another referendum?

Its a election that could end Johnson's or Corbyn's career, when neither deserve the chance to lead this country..and
How can Labour be continually behind a shambolic Tory government in the polls?



Simply because of the two total buffoons that lead this countries leading party's; one is a lying, unkempt fool, and the other is Corbyn. A man who has both of those traits, but pips Bozza at the post by being a communist and a friend of terrorists. And never forget his total lack of judgment and desperation personified by the simple fact that he shagged Abbott.


A mere man need show no more acts of courage and bravery.

_________________
There is no substitute for hard work.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post Posted: Wed Oct 30, 2019 10:10 am 
Offline
Manager
Manager

Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2007 1:38 am
Posts: 17248
Location: Moved
Rozza wrote:
suiging wrote:
CANNOCK WOLF wrote:
Do voters want another election or another referendum?

Its a election that could end Johnson's or Corbyn's career, when neither deserve the chance to lead this country..and
How can Labour be continually behind a shambolic Tory government in the polls?



Simply because of the two total buffoons that lead this countries leading party's; one is a lying, unkempt fool, and the other is Corbyn. A man who has both of those traits, but pips Bozza at the post by being a communist and a friend of terrorists. And never forget his total lack of judgment and desperation personified by the simple fact that he shagged Abbott.


A mere man need show no more acts of courage and bravery.


But think of the environment. How many trees needed to be cut down to provide the planks he had to strap to his back to stop himself falling in !!!!

_________________
Dyslexics lives mattress


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post Posted: Wed Oct 30, 2019 10:34 am 
Offline
Manager
Manager
User avatar

Joined: Mon Mar 08, 2004 7:19 am
Posts: 25231
Location: Cannock.
suiging wrote:
CANNOCK WOLF wrote:
Do voters want another election or another referendum?

Its a election that could end Johnson's or Corbyn's career, when neither deserve the chance to lead this country..and
How can Labour be continually behind a shambolic Tory government in the polls?



Simply because of the two total buffoons that lead this countries leading party's; one is a lying, unkempt fool, and the other is Corbyn. A man who has both of those traits, but pips Bozza at the post by being a communist and a friend of terrorists. And never forget his total lack of judgment and desperation personified by the simple fact that he shagged Abbott.


Typical Tory, cant win on policy so ALWAYS go for character assassination, some things never change.

_________________
For some of us life is not about self interest.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post Posted: Wed Oct 30, 2019 10:49 am 
Offline
Manager
Manager

Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2007 1:38 am
Posts: 17248
Location: Moved
knocker knowles wrote:
suiging wrote:
CANNOCK WOLF wrote:
Do voters want another election or another referendum?

Its a election that could end Johnson's or Corbyn's career, when neither deserve the chance to lead this country..and
How can Labour be continually behind a shambolic Tory government in the polls?



Simply because of the two total buffoons that lead this countries leading party's; one is a lying, unkempt fool, and the other is Corbyn. A man who has both of those traits, but pips Bozza at the post by being a communist and a friend of terrorists. And never forget his total lack of judgment and desperation personified by the simple fact that he shagged Abbott.


Typical Tory, cant win on policy so ALWAYS go for character assassination, some things never change.


And enlighten us KK, what exactly is Labour policy on Brexit. What is Labour policy on the rental market and home ownership? How will Labour pay for nationalisation of essential services who through private ownership have invested and will continue to invest billions to make them work, unlike the utter shambles these industries were when under public ownership........ Tell us.

_________________
Dyslexics lives mattress


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post Posted: Wed Oct 30, 2019 10:53 am 
Offline
Manager
Manager

Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2007 1:38 am
Posts: 17248
Location: Moved
And while you're on, explain this

https://order-order.com/2019/10/30/mome ... ommission/

_________________
Dyslexics lives mattress


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post Posted: Wed Oct 30, 2019 11:01 am 
Offline
Manager
Manager
User avatar

Joined: Mon Mar 08, 2004 7:19 am
Posts: 25231
Location: Cannock.
]Do voters want another election or another referendum?

Its a election that could end Johnson's or Corbyn's career, when neither deserve the chance to lead this country..and
How can Labour be continually behind a shambolic Tory government in the polls?[/quote]


Simply because of the two total buffoons that lead this countries leading party's; one is a lying, unkempt fool, and the other is Corbyn. A man who has both of those traits, but pips Bozza at the post by being a communist and a friend of terrorists. And never forget his total lack of judgment and desperation personified by the simple fact that he shagged Abbott.[/quote]

Typical Tory, cant win on policy so ALWAYS go for character assassination, some things never change.[/quote]

And enlighten us KK, what exactly is Labour policy on Brexit. What is Labour policy on the rental market and home ownership? How will Labour pay for nationalisation of essential services who through private ownership have invested and will continue to invest billions to make them work, unlike the utter shambles these industries were when under public ownership........ Tell us.[/quote]

Labour policy on Brexit involves negotiating a better deal then offering that deal against remain to the General Public.
This can be done because the starting point would not involve the stupid red lines as proposed by the Tories.
Report out yesterday about this Johnson Brexit deal costing the nation 75 billion.

_________________
For some of us life is not about self interest.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post Posted: Wed Oct 30, 2019 11:05 am 
Offline
Manager
Manager
User avatar

Joined: Mon Mar 08, 2004 7:19 am
Posts: 25231
Location: Cannock.
The Tory manifesto is being written by a lobbyist for frackers Cuadrilla, plus tax dodging Facebook, Google, Deliveroo and Amazon. She’s also married to an ex-Director of the Taxpayers Alliance.

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/20 ... achel-wolf

_________________
For some of us life is not about self interest.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post Posted: Wed Oct 30, 2019 11:39 am 
Offline
Manager
Manager

Joined: Thu Feb 19, 2004 8:17 pm
Posts: 8188
Location: Swindon, Wiltshire
Dare we hope that on November 5th, a modern day Guy Fawkes will do us all a favour..?? :-)

I was not going to bother voting in an election after what I have witnessed these last few years but maybe, as usual, I will cast a vote for the lesser of the evils to choose from and pray that somehow, some way, Brexit finally gets done or not done and banished, let's get on with life after this, however difficult or bad. Enough is enough.

_________________
In the kingdom of the blind, the one-eyed man is King.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post Posted: Wed Oct 30, 2019 4:47 pm 
Offline
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Joined: Sun Mar 12, 2006 6:09 pm
Posts: 21509
Location: Four Oaks
knocker knowles wrote:
The Tory manifesto is being written by a lobbyist for frackers Cuadrilla, plus tax dodging Facebook, Google, Deliveroo and Amazon. She’s also married to an ex-Director of the Taxpayers Alliance.

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/20 ... achel-wolf


Strange that they should employ a Conservative with Conservative views to help write the Conservative manifesto. Why would the Guardian think anything else? I look forward to Labour employing non socialists to write theirs.

_________________
The next level awaits - Champions League or, err, Championship


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post Posted: Wed Oct 30, 2019 4:53 pm 
Offline
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Joined: Sun Mar 12, 2006 6:09 pm
Posts: 21509
Location: Four Oaks
knocker knowles wrote:

Labour policy on Brexit involves negotiating a better deal then offering that deal against remain to the General Public.
This can be done because the starting point would not involve the stupid red lines as proposed by the Tories.
Report out yesterday about this Johnson Brexit deal costing the nation 75 billion.


So what you are saying is that Labour will negotiate a deal that will effectively be like remaining and will offer that or a chance to remain.

_________________
The next level awaits - Champions League or, err, Championship


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post Posted: Wed Oct 30, 2019 4:56 pm 
Offline
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Joined: Sun Mar 12, 2006 6:09 pm
Posts: 21509
Location: Four Oaks
knocker knowles wrote:
Typical Tory, cant win on policy so ALWAYS go for character assassination, some things never change.


You are right there KK. You will never change your opinion whatever the evidence to the contrary.

_________________
The next level awaits - Champions League or, err, Championship


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post Posted: Wed Oct 30, 2019 6:28 pm 
Offline
Manager
Manager
User avatar

Joined: Mon Mar 08, 2004 7:19 am
Posts: 25231
Location: Cannock.
Jeremy Corbyn calls out Johnson to face him in television debates.

Come on, lets see how brave you are.

_________________
For some of us life is not about self interest.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post Posted: Wed Oct 30, 2019 6:36 pm 
Offline
Manager
Manager

Joined: Sat Feb 13, 2010 5:46 pm
Posts: 4204
knocker knowles wrote:
Jeremy Corbyn calls out Johnson to face him in television debates.

Come on, lets see how brave you are.


Jesus Christ not this old chestnut again...
I'll say it again- We are NOT America why the fuck does anyone want to listen to this PR bullshit.
I can think of nothing more pointless and irrelevant than listening to those pair trading insults.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post Posted: Wed Oct 30, 2019 6:40 pm 
Offline
Manager
Manager
User avatar

Joined: Mon Mar 08, 2004 7:19 am
Posts: 25231
Location: Cannock.
davejonesears wrote:
knocker knowles wrote:
Jeremy Corbyn calls out Johnson to face him in television debates.

Come on, lets see how brave you are.


Jesus Christ not this old chestnut again...
I'll say it again- We are NOT America why the fuck does anyone want to listen to this PR bullshit.
I can think of nothing more pointless and irrelevant than listening to those pair trading insults.


Labour has few opportunities to put its policies across with the Tories always given an easy ride by the media.
These debates offer the opportunity to call out the bluster that is Johnson while offering fresh hope to the nation.

_________________
For some of us life is not about self interest.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post Posted: Wed Oct 30, 2019 6:47 pm 
Offline
Manager
Manager

Joined: Sat Feb 13, 2010 5:46 pm
Posts: 4204
knocker knowles wrote:
davejonesears wrote:
knocker knowles wrote:
Jeremy Corbyn calls out Johnson to face him in television debates.

Come on, lets see how brave you are.


Jesus Christ not this old chestnut again...
I'll say it again- We are NOT America why the fuck does anyone want to listen to this PR bullshit.
I can think of nothing more pointless and irrelevant than listening to those pair trading insults.


Labour has few opportunities to put its policies across with the Tories always given an easy ride by the media.
These debates offer the opportunity to call out the bluster that is Johnson while offering fresh hope to the nation.


They may offer the opportunity but they wont be used for that will they.

These types of manufactured PR stunts have become vogue in recent times to in a bid to interest the American celeb , OK reading ,types amongst our populous.


Not for me-thanks.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post Posted: Wed Oct 30, 2019 6:54 pm 
Offline
Manager
Manager
User avatar

Joined: Mon Mar 08, 2004 7:19 am
Posts: 25231
Location: Cannock.
Jeremy Corbyn would wish to debate policy which is what this should be all about.


Lets get them both on a stage for an hour at a time, with a bloke doing fact checks as they speak so the nation can see the truth of it.

_________________
For some of us life is not about self interest.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post Posted: Wed Oct 30, 2019 7:01 pm 
Offline
Manager
Manager
User avatar

Joined: Mon Mar 08, 2004 7:19 am
Posts: 25231
Location: Cannock.
Something light hearted.

If each political party had a campaign song for this election, what would the choice be?

_________________
For some of us life is not about self interest.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post Posted: Wed Oct 30, 2019 7:47 pm 
Offline
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Joined: Sun Mar 12, 2006 6:09 pm
Posts: 21509
Location: Four Oaks
knocker knowles wrote:
Labour has few opportunities to put its policies across with the Tories always given an easy ride by the media.


You are at it again. I have always been able to disprove any evidence you have given about this.

_________________
The next level awaits - Champions League or, err, Championship


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post Posted: Thu Oct 31, 2019 11:50 am 
Offline
Manager
Manager
User avatar

Joined: Mon Mar 08, 2004 7:19 am
Posts: 25231
Location: Cannock.
Green Party stand aside and endorse Labour to beat Tories in ultra-marginal Calder Valley constituency

_________________
For some of us life is not about self interest.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post Posted: Thu Oct 31, 2019 1:03 pm 
Offline
Manager
Manager

Joined: Sat Feb 13, 2010 5:46 pm
Posts: 4204
So tactical voting is fully encouraged then....hers hoping the Torys stand aside for the Brexit Party in those Northern seats.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post Posted: Thu Oct 31, 2019 2:02 pm 
Offline
Manager
Manager

Joined: Thu Feb 19, 2004 8:17 pm
Posts: 8188
Location: Swindon, Wiltshire
knocker knowles wrote:
Something light hearted.

If each political party had a campaign song for this election, what would the choice be?



Tory: The Final Countdown. ( Europe)

Labour: Wishin' and hopin' ( Dusty Springfield).

Lib Dems: Still Remains ( Stone Temple Pilots).

Brexit: We Gotta Get Outta This Place ( Animals).

SNP: Paisley Park ( Prince).

Greens: The Green, Green Grass of Home ( Tom Jones).

_________________
In the kingdom of the blind, the one-eyed man is King.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post Posted: Thu Oct 31, 2019 5:25 pm 
Offline
Manager
Manager

Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2007 1:38 am
Posts: 17248
Location: Moved
gladbachwolf wrote:
knocker knowles wrote:
Something light hearted.

If each political party had a campaign song for this election, what would the choice be?



Tory: The Final Countdown. ( Europe)

Labour: Wishin' and hopin' ( Dusty Springfield).

Lib Dems: Still Remains ( Stone Temple Pilots).

Brexit: We Gotta Get Outta This Place ( Animals).

SNP: Paisley Park ( Prince).

Greens: The Green, Green Grass of Home ( Tom Jones).



Cypress Hill..... Insane in the Brain, evertime Corbyn takes to the stage

_________________
Dyslexics lives mattress


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post Posted: Thu Oct 31, 2019 6:32 pm 
Offline
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Joined: Sun Mar 12, 2006 6:09 pm
Posts: 21509
Location: Four Oaks
"Stuck in the middle with you" - Jo Swinson (to the SNP)

"Blue is the colour Brexit is the game" Boris.

"In out, in out shake it all about " Jezza.

"So long, farewell, Auf Weidersehen, goodnight" Brexit with reprise from the outgoing Speaker.

"Please release me" - Sturgeon and Blackford.

"Empty chairs (Don McLean)" - Sinn Fein.

"Little Green (Joni Mitchell)" - Caroline Lucas reflecting on the size of her party.

"Calon Lan" Plaid Cymru because they've done it before.

"Stay (Rihanna)" Change UK

"We all stand together - not" The lot of them.

_________________
The next level awaits - Champions League or, err, Championship


Top 
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
 
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 160 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Board index » GENERAL CHAT » The news stand


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 5 guests

 
 

 
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  

The Wolf will always be free to its members, but if you feel you would like to contribute towards the running costs, than please feel free to donate.

 

 

Disclaimer : This forum is for the general discussion/topic of Wolverhampton Wanderers. What is said within the forum is personal opinions, and The Wolf will not be held responsible. Your ip is logged for security reasons. The forum is viewable by the public and any topics you disclose/discuss can be viewed by the public. Some topics on this forum may only be suitable for those aged 18+.