Login    Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » GENERAL CHAT » The news stand




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1802 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 57, 58, 59, 60, 61  Next

Share On:

Author Message
 Post Posted: Sun Oct 20, 2019 7:49 am 
Offline
Manager
Manager
User avatar

Joined: Mon Mar 08, 2004 7:19 am
Posts: 25231
Location: Cannock.
Eventually they will move onto the Trade deal where they will find to gain access to their key market they will require very close regulatory standards

_________________
For some of us life is not about self interest.


Top 
 Profile  
 
Share on Facebook Facebook Share on Twitter Twitter
 Post Posted: Sun Oct 20, 2019 8:30 am 
Offline
Manager
Manager

Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2007 1:38 am
Posts: 17215
Location: Moved
knocker knowles wrote:
Eventually they will move onto the Trade deal where they will find to gain access to their key market they will require very close regulatory standards


Regulatory standards the UK are as high or higher than the EU. Any government in the current woke world changing them, would commit the same sort of electoral suicide as your lot commit by keeping the communist. The spouting about them is just more smoke and mirrors hiding a fear of Labour MPs losing their 77K and 200K expenses. Pure hypocrisy.

_________________
Dyslexics lives mattress


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post Posted: Tue Oct 22, 2019 7:16 am 
Offline
Manager
Manager
User avatar

Joined: Mon Mar 08, 2004 7:19 am
Posts: 25231
Location: Cannock.
suiging wrote:
knocker knowles wrote:
Eventually they will move onto the Trade deal where they will find to gain access to their key market they will require very close regulatory standards


Regulatory standards the UK are as high or higher than the EU. Any government in the current woke world changing them, would commit the same sort of electoral suicide as your lot commit by keeping the communist. The spouting about them is just more smoke and mirrors hiding a fear of Labour MPs losing their 77K and 200K expenses. Pure hypocrisy.


The key division between Labour and Conservative policy revolves around Customs union and regulatory standards.
The Tories have this fantasy of building Worldwide trade deals based on lax regulations, low tariffs and pure market forces.
Meanwhile in the real world their biggest trade partner the EU who would be impossible to replace will demand existing standards are maintained or improved.

Does the nation and its poor in society have to suffer while the Tories have to find out the hard way?

_________________
For some of us life is not about self interest.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post Posted: Tue Oct 22, 2019 8:31 am 
Offline
Manager
Manager

Joined: Sat Feb 13, 2010 5:46 pm
Posts: 4195
knocker knowles wrote:
suiging wrote:
knocker knowles wrote:
Eventually they will move onto the Trade deal where they will find to gain access to their key market they will require very close regulatory standards


Regulatory standards the UK are as high or higher than the EU. Any government in the current woke world changing them, would commit the same sort of electoral suicide as your lot commit by keeping the communist. The spouting about them is just more smoke and mirrors hiding a fear of Labour MPs losing their 77K and 200K expenses. Pure hypocrisy.


The key division between Labour and Conservative policy revolves around Customs union and regulatory standards.
The Tories have this fantasy of building Worldwide trade deals based on lax regulations, low tariffs and pure market forces.
Meanwhile in the real world their biggest trade partner the EU who would be impossible to replace will demand existing standards are maintained or improved.

Does the nation and its poor in society have to suffer while the Tories have to find out the hard way?


We can't be in a customs union or the single market if we vote leave - Cameron told us that at the very start, and we still voted out.

Not that it wasn't obvious of course for those with a modicom of intelligence who voted out - like you (you did vote out).

So I would suggest yes it does mean we have to find out.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post Posted: Tue Oct 22, 2019 9:35 am 
Offline
Manager
Manager
User avatar

Joined: Mon Mar 08, 2004 7:19 am
Posts: 25231
Location: Cannock.
Eventually they will move onto the Trade deal where they will find to gain access to their key market they will require very close regulatory standards[/quote]

Regulatory standards the UK are as high or higher than the EU. Any government in the current woke world changing them, would commit the same sort of electoral suicide as your lot commit by keeping the communist. The spouting about them is just more smoke and mirrors hiding a fear of Labour MPs losing their 77K and 200K expenses. Pure hypocrisy.[/quote]

The key division between Labour and Conservative policy revolves around Customs union and regulatory standards.
The Tories have this fantasy of building Worldwide trade deals based on lax regulations, low tariffs and pure market forces.
Meanwhile in the real world their biggest trade partner the EU who would be impossible to replace will demand existing standards are maintained or improved.

Does the nation and its poor in society have to suffer while the Tories have to find out the hard way?[/quote]

We can't be in a customs union or the single market if we vote leave - Cameron told us that at the very start, and we still voted out.

Not that it wasn't obvious of course for those with a modicom of intelligence who voted out - like you (you did vote out).

So I would suggest yes it does mean we have to find out.[/quote]

But you have to have a plan which helps prevent economic catastrophe, something EEA Efta would provide.

_________________
For some of us life is not about self interest.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post Posted: Mon Oct 28, 2019 10:55 am 
Offline
Manager
Manager

Joined: Sat Feb 13, 2010 5:46 pm
Posts: 4195
Interesting...

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-50205603

pay particular attention to this snippet:

"The draft text of an agreement for the 27 EU ambassadors - seen by the BBC - also includes a commitment that the Withdrawal Agreement on the UK's exit from the EU cannot be renegotiated in future."

Thats not acceptable surely - to anyone...I think its an attempt to use the Benn Act to tie the WAB down for fear of a Tory majority after the next GE.

This handing over the terms and conditions was not part of the Benn Act - it was apparently merely to prevent a No Deal and to force an extension I don't believe such caveats have to be accpeted by default.

A Surrender Bill indeed by the looks of it.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post Posted: Wed Nov 06, 2019 2:58 pm 
Offline
Manager
Manager
User avatar

Joined: Mon Mar 08, 2004 7:19 am
Posts: 25231
Location: Cannock.
How long do you anticipate it will take to strike a new trade deal with the EU?

_________________
For some of us life is not about self interest.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post Posted: Thu Nov 14, 2019 10:21 am 
Offline
Manager
Manager
User avatar

Joined: Mon Mar 08, 2004 7:19 am
Posts: 25231
Location: Cannock.
"Can you name a single country that has negotiated a comprehensive free trade deal with the EU in less than a year?"

I asked Michael Gove this question 3 times. He didn't name one. Instead he said people were being "sceptical" and it is "feasible" a deal will be done by Dec 2020

Daniel Hewitt ITV News.

_________________
For some of us life is not about self interest.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post Posted: Thu Nov 14, 2019 10:29 am 
Offline
Manager
Manager

Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2007 1:38 am
Posts: 17215
Location: Moved
knocker knowles wrote:
"Can you name a single country that has negotiated a comprehensive free trade deal with the EU in less than a year?"

I asked Michael Gove this question 3 times. He didn't name one. Instead he said people were being "sceptical" and it is "feasible" a deal will be done by Dec 2020

Daniel Hewitt ITV News.


Can you name one country that is already regulatory aligned with the EU that has tried it ?

_________________
Dyslexics lives mattress


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post Posted: Thu Nov 14, 2019 11:02 am 
Offline
Manager
Manager
User avatar

Joined: Mon Mar 08, 2004 7:19 am
Posts: 25231
Location: Cannock.
suiging wrote:
knocker knowles wrote:
"Can you name a single country that has negotiated a comprehensive free trade deal with the EU in less than a year?"

I asked Michael Gove this question 3 times. He didn't name one. Instead he said people were being "sceptical" and it is "feasible" a deal will be done by Dec 2020

Daniel Hewitt ITV News.


Can you name one country that is already regulatory aligned with the EU that has tried it ?


I think when it comes to the UK its about picking apart and unravelling legislation with the EU.
My fear is Johnson is pretty clueless to whats likely to happen when he tries to cherry pick his way out.

He will be the small little trader against one of the three huge trading blocks.

At the mercy of those trading blocks and having to accept whats offered like a dog at a dining table.

This is the outcome which will have grave effects on many that will vote Tory in December.
They really are Turkeys voting for Christmas.

_________________
For some of us life is not about self interest.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post Posted: Thu Nov 14, 2019 2:03 pm 
Offline
Manager
Manager

Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2007 1:38 am
Posts: 17215
Location: Moved
knocker knowles wrote:
suiging wrote:
knocker knowles wrote:
"Can you name a single country that has negotiated a comprehensive free trade deal with the EU in less than a year?"

I asked Michael Gove this question 3 times. He didn't name one. Instead he said people were being "sceptical" and it is "feasible" a deal will be done by Dec 2020

Daniel Hewitt ITV News.


Can you name one country that is already regulatory aligned with the EU that has tried it ?


I think when it comes to the UK its about picking apart and unravelling legislation with the EU.
My fear is Johnson is pretty clueless to whats likely to happen when he tries to cherry pick his way out.

He will be the small little trader against one of the three huge trading blocks.

At the mercy of those trading blocks and having to accept whats offered like a dog at a dining table.

This is the outcome which will have grave effects on many that will vote Tory in December.
They really are Turkeys voting for Christmas.


As usual you've changed the narrative. You asked about naming countries that had completed a deal in 12 months. The answer is none, as none of the previous negotiations involved two parties with the same regulatory regime..You don't like the answer so you change the narrative. You are a true Corbynist

_________________
Dyslexics lives mattress


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post Posted: Fri Nov 15, 2019 9:34 am 
Offline
Manager
Manager
User avatar

Joined: Mon Mar 08, 2004 7:19 am
Posts: 25231
Location: Cannock.
"Can you name a single country that has negotiated a comprehensive free trade deal with the EU in less than a year?"

I asked Michael Gove this question 3 times. He didn't name one. Instead he said people were being "sceptical" and it is "feasible" a deal will be done by Dec 2020

Daniel Hewitt ITV News.[/quote]

Can you name one country that is already regulatory aligned with the EU that has tried it ?[/quote]

I think when it comes to the UK its about picking apart and unravelling legislation with the EU.
My fear is Johnson is pretty clueless to whats likely to happen when he tries to cherry pick his way out.

He will be the small little trader against one of the three huge trading blocks.

At the mercy of those trading blocks and having to accept whats offered like a dog at a dining table.

This is the outcome which will have grave effects on many that will vote Tory in December.
They really are Turkeys voting for Christmas.[/quote]

As usual you've changed the narrative. You asked about naming countries that had completed a deal in 12 months. The answer is none, as none of the previous negotiations involved two parties with the same regulatory regime..You don't like the answer so you change the narrative. You are a true Corbynist[/quote]

It comes down to the key point.

THE TORIES WILL NOT BE ABLE TO DO A TRADE DEAL WITH THE EU WITHIN THE YEAR.

Under Johnson your looking at leaving with NO TRADE DEAL

From that the UK falls apart economically.

_________________
For some of us life is not about self interest.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post Posted: Fri Nov 15, 2019 10:03 am 
Offline
Manager
Manager

Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2007 1:38 am
Posts: 17215
Location: Moved
knocker knowles wrote:
"Can you name a single country that has negotiated a comprehensive free trade deal with the EU in less than a year?"

I asked Michael Gove this question 3 times. He didn't name one. Instead he said people were being "sceptical" and it is "feasible" a deal will be done by Dec 2020

Daniel Hewitt ITV News.


Can you name one country that is already regulatory aligned with the EU that has tried it ?[/quote]

I think when it comes to the UK its about picking apart and unravelling legislation with the EU.
My fear is Johnson is pretty clueless to whats likely to happen when he tries to cherry pick his way out.

He will be the small little trader against one of the three huge trading blocks.

At the mercy of those trading blocks and having to accept whats offered like a dog at a dining table.

This is the outcome which will have grave effects on many that will vote Tory in December.
They really are Turkeys voting for Christmas.[/quote]

As usual you've changed the narrative. You asked about naming countries that had completed a deal in 12 months. The answer is none, as none of the previous negotiations involved two parties with the same regulatory regime..You don't like the answer so you change the narrative. You are a true Corbynist[/quote]

It comes down to the key point.

THE TORIES WILL NOT BE ABLE TO DO A TRADE DEAL WITH THE EU WITHIN THE YEAR.

Under Johnson your looking at leaving with NO TRADE DEAL

From that the UK falls apart economically.[/quote]


Why not ?

_________________
Dyslexics lives mattress


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post Posted: Fri Nov 15, 2019 10:20 am 
Offline
Manager
Manager
User avatar

Joined: Mon Mar 08, 2004 7:19 am
Posts: 25231
Location: Cannock.
That's Johnson speak.

He expects to do a quick trade deal with the EU.

This off the shelf quickie that you shove in the microwave.

Its bollocks of course, and he knows it.

But as long as he can sell this bollocks he can win an election.

The consequences come later

_________________
For some of us life is not about self interest.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post Posted: Fri Nov 15, 2019 10:56 am 
Offline
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Joined: Sun Mar 12, 2006 6:09 pm
Posts: 21491
Location: Four Oaks
knocker knowles wrote:
That's Johnson speak.

He expects to do a quick trade deal with the EU.

This off the shelf quickie that you shove in the microwave.

Its bollocks of course, and he knows it.

But as long as he can sell this bollocks he can win an election.

The consequences come later


I respect that you have an opinion that it can't be done but I don't see any objective evidence to prove it.

_________________
The next level awaits - Champions League or, err, Championship


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post Posted: Wed Dec 18, 2019 3:18 pm 
Offline
Manager
Manager
User avatar

Joined: Mon Mar 08, 2004 7:19 am
Posts: 25231
Location: Cannock.
The EU member states should grant UK citizens living in Europe the full rights as they have today. Automatically. No ‘ifs and buts’ here either. Let's also come back to the idea of ‘European associated citizenship’ for UK citizens who want to keep their link with Europe.


Guy Verhofstadt

_________________
For some of us life is not about self interest.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post Posted: Wed Dec 18, 2019 5:15 pm 
Offline
Manager
Manager

Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2007 1:38 am
Posts: 17215
Location: Moved
knocker knowles wrote:
The EU member states should grant UK citizens living in Europe the full rights as they have today. Automatically. No ‘ifs and buts’ here either. Let's also come back to the idea of ‘European associated citizenship’ for UK citizens who want to keep their link with Europe.


Guy Verhofstadt


And so the negotiations finally begin.

_________________
Dyslexics lives mattress


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post Posted: Fri Dec 20, 2019 1:45 pm 
Offline
Manager
Manager
User avatar

Joined: Mon Mar 08, 2004 7:19 am
Posts: 25231
Location: Cannock.
suiging wrote:
knocker knowles wrote:
The EU member states should grant UK citizens living in Europe the full rights as they have today. Automatically. No ‘ifs and buts’ here either. Let's also come back to the idea of ‘European associated citizenship’ for UK citizens who want to keep their link with Europe.


Guy Verhofstadt


And so the negotiations finally begin.


With the Tories wanting them to be done away from public view and scrutiny.

Get to June and see if Johnson reaches for the panic button.

_________________
For some of us life is not about self interest.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post Posted: Sat Feb 01, 2020 3:38 am 
Offline
Tech-Head
Tech-Head
User avatar

Joined: Tue Apr 13, 2004 10:12 pm
Posts: 2765
Location: Scotland, mostly.
Happnin' Ya'll? How's that Brexshit party going?


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post Posted: Sat Feb 01, 2020 1:16 pm 
Offline
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Joined: Sun Mar 12, 2006 6:09 pm
Posts: 21491
Location: Four Oaks
saint paddy wrote:
Happnin' Ya'll? How's that Brexshit party going?


I've got a bit of a hangover, I think that Sturgeon woman must have put something in my drink.

_________________
The next level awaits - Champions League or, err, Championship


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post Posted: Sun Feb 02, 2020 1:02 pm 
Offline
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Joined: Mon Feb 23, 2004 11:55 pm
Posts: 18882
Left back wrote:
saint paddy wrote:
Happnin' Ya'll? How's that Brexshit party going?


I've got a bit of a hangover, I think that Sturgeon woman must have put something in my drink.


Apparently Sturgeon is now alleging that when she met Donald Trump he felt her cock?

_________________
There is no substitute for hard work.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post Posted: Sun Feb 02, 2020 1:47 pm 
Offline
Manager
Manager

Joined: Thu Feb 19, 2004 8:17 pm
Posts: 8140
Location: Swindon, Wiltshire
So, Brexit is done, now for JOCKEXIT.

_________________
In the kingdom of the blind, the one-eyed man is King.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post Posted: Sun Feb 02, 2020 2:47 pm 
Offline
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Joined: Sun Mar 12, 2006 6:09 pm
Posts: 21491
Location: Four Oaks
Rozza wrote:
Left back wrote:
saint paddy wrote:
Happnin' Ya'll? How's that Brexshit party going?


I've got a bit of a hangover, I think that Sturgeon woman must have put something in my drink.


Apparently Sturgeon is now alleging that when she met Donald Trump he felt her cock?


:lol:

_________________
The next level awaits - Champions League or, err, Championship


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post Posted: Sun Mar 01, 2020 8:18 am 
Offline
Manager
Manager
User avatar

Joined: Mon Mar 08, 2004 7:19 am
Posts: 25231
Location: Cannock.
Significant numbers of migrants and refugees have gathered in large groups at the Greek-Turkish land border and have attempted to enter the country illegally. I want to be clear: no illegal entries into Greece will be tolerated. We are increasing our border security.

Greek Prime Minister.

_________________
For some of us life is not about self interest.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post Posted: Sun Mar 01, 2020 11:06 am 
Offline
Manager
Manager

Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2007 1:38 am
Posts: 17215
Location: Moved
knocker knowles wrote:
Significant numbers of migrants and refugees have gathered in large groups at the Greek-Turkish land border and have attempted to enter the country illegally. I want to be clear: no illegal entries into Greece will be tolerated. We are increasing our border security.

Greek Prime Minister.



The "Angel of the North" invited them all to come to Germany. She also said the EU would pay the Turk to look after them so they wouldn't come. Sad isn't it. Now, two and a half million of them in camps on the border intend to take up her offer ( and wait til the rest hear the borders open ) as she and her friends in Brussels haven't paid Mustafa, as they needed the money for Kinock's pension.

Good luck with this EU.

_________________
Dyslexics lives mattress


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post Posted: Mon Mar 02, 2020 12:32 pm 
Offline
Manager
Manager
User avatar

Joined: Mon Mar 08, 2004 7:19 am
Posts: 25231
Location: Cannock.
The real work starts today.

Can this Government study detail. Doubt it.

_________________
For some of us life is not about self interest.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post Posted: Mon Sep 14, 2020 8:40 am 
Offline
Manager
Manager

Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2007 1:38 am
Posts: 17215
Location: Moved
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I0eqqxJE7aA&app=desktop

Just for you guys who think the EU are negotiating in good faith and a wish to uphold The Good Friday Agreement.

_________________
Dyslexics lives mattress


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post Posted: Wed Sep 16, 2020 6:58 pm 
Offline
Manager
Manager

Joined: Sat Feb 13, 2010 5:46 pm
Posts: 4195
suiging wrote:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I0eqqxJE7aA&app=desktop

Just for you guys who think the EU are negotiating in good faith and a wish to uphold The Good Friday Agreement.


yeah , I don't think the Good Friday Agreement is much to do with their real motives.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post Posted: Thu Sep 17, 2020 8:10 pm 
Offline
Wolves Academy
Wolves Academy

Joined: Mon Aug 08, 2011 9:48 am
Posts: 187
Location: lichfield
As I recall it Boris agreed to trade a border in the Irish Sea for Northern Ireland to get a Brexit deal in principle he could sell to the public as oven ready just in time for the election cheerfully shafting his Unionist allies as he did so. No doubt backing himself to talk the EU into a free trade deal on his terms .
We knew exactly what we were signing and what the consequences were if there was no soft Brexit deal
It’s a treaty. We freely signed it. We should stick with it.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post Posted: Thu Sep 17, 2020 9:05 pm 
Offline
Manager
Manager

Joined: Sat Feb 13, 2010 5:46 pm
Posts: 4195
raggedwolf wrote:
As I recall it Boris agreed to trade a border in the Irish Sea for Northern Ireland to get a Brexit deal in principle he could sell to the public as oven ready just in time for the election cheerfully shafting his Unionist allies as he did so. No doubt backing himself to talk the EU into a free trade deal on his terms .
We knew exactly what we were signing and what the consequences were if there was no soft Brexit deal
It’s a treaty. We freely signed it. We should stick with it.


Apart from the fact it was signed in January and the Election was in December.

What I dont get is this , if we have left the EU AND we don't get a 'free trade deal' (whatever that means) why do we need to adhere to anything?

Seriously why would we- the whole issue with Ireland has been abused by the EU from the get go , the only reason they used it was to further their cause in subverting the decision we made to leave.

If it helps to implement a trade deal then fair enough , if we donlt get one thats acceptable TO US , I have no issue with ignoring anything that threatens our sovreignty , and it will ...so fuck em -

and while Im at it fuck the USA they really piss me off ,they can stick their NORAID tendancies up Uncle Sams big fat hairy arse, who the fuck are they to discuss morals with us -wankers.


Top 
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
 
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1802 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 57, 58, 59, 60, 61  Next

Board index » GENERAL CHAT » The news stand


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests

 
 

 
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  

The Wolf will always be free to its members, but if you feel you would like to contribute towards the running costs, than please feel free to donate.

 

 

Disclaimer : This forum is for the general discussion/topic of Wolverhampton Wanderers. What is said within the forum is personal opinions, and The Wolf will not be held responsible. Your ip is logged for security reasons. The forum is viewable by the public and any topics you disclose/discuss can be viewed by the public. Some topics on this forum may only be suitable for those aged 18+.

cron