Login    Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » GENERAL CHAT » The news stand

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1802 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 57, 58, 59, 60, 61  Next

Share On:

Post Posted: Sun Oct 20, 2019 7:49 am 
Manager
Manager

Eventually they will move onto the Trade deal where they will find to gain access to their key market they will require very close regulatory standards

Share on Facebook Facebook Share on Twitter Twitter
 Post Posted: Sun Oct 20, 2019 8:30 am 
Manager
Manager

knocker knowles wrote:
Eventually they will move onto the Trade deal where they will find to gain access to their key market they will require very close regulatory standards

Regulatory standards the UK are as high or higher than the EU. Any government in the current woke world changing them, would commit the same sort of electoral suicide as your lot commit by keeping the communist. The spouting about them is just more smoke and mirrors hiding a fear of Labour MPs losing their 77K and 200K expenses. Pure hypocrisy.

Post Posted: Tue Oct 22, 2019 7:16 am 
Manager
Manager

suiging wrote:
knocker knowles wrote:

Regulatory standards the UK are as high or higher than the EU. Any government in the current woke world changing them, would commit the same sort of electoral suicide as your lot commit by keeping the communist. The spouting about them is just more smoke and mirrors hiding a fear of Labour MPs losing their 77K and 200K expenses. Pure hypocrisy.

The key division between Labour and Conservative policy revolves around Customs union and regulatory standards.
The Tories have this fantasy of building Worldwide trade deals based on lax regulations, low tariffs and pure market forces.
Meanwhile in the real world their biggest trade partner the EU who would be impossible to replace will demand existing standards are maintained or improved.

Does the nation and its poor in society have to suffer while the Tories have to find out the hard way?

Post Posted: Tue Oct 22, 2019 8:31 am 
Manager
Manager

knocker knowles wrote:
suiging wrote:
knocker knowles wrote:

The key division between Labour and Conservative policy revolves around Customs union and regulatory standards.
The Tories have this fantasy of building Worldwide trade deals based on lax regulations, low tariffs and pure market forces.
Meanwhile in the real world their biggest trade partner the EU who would be impossible to replace will demand existing standards are maintained or improved.

Does the nation and its poor in society have to suffer while the Tories have to find out the hard way?

We can't be in a customs union or the single market if we vote leave - Cameron told us that at the very start, and we still voted out.

Not that it wasn't obvious of course for those with a modicom of intelligence who voted out - like you (you did vote out).

So I would suggest yes it does mean we have to find out.

Post Posted: Tue Oct 22, 2019 9:35 am 
Manager
Manager

Eventually they will move onto the Trade deal where they will find to gain access to their key market they will require very close regulatory standards[/quote]

Regulatory standards the UK are as high or higher than the EU. Any government in the current woke world changing them, would commit the same sort of electoral suicide as your lot commit by keeping the communist. The spouting about them is just more smoke and mirrors hiding a fear of Labour MPs losing their 77K and 200K expenses. Pure hypocrisy.[/quote]

Does the nation and its poor in society have to suffer while the Tories have to find out the hard way?[/quote]

We can't be in a customs union or the single market if we vote leave - Cameron told us that at the very start, and we still voted out.

Not that it wasn't obvious of course for those with a modicom of intelligence who voted out - like you (you did vote out).

So I would suggest yes it does mean we have to find out.[/quote]

But you have to have a plan which helps prevent economic catastrophe, something EEA Efta would provide.

Post Posted: Mon Oct 28, 2019 10:55 am 
Manager
Manager

Interesting...

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-50205603

pay particular attention to this snippet:

"The draft text of an agreement for the 27 EU ambassadors - seen by the BBC - also includes a commitment that the Withdrawal Agreement on the UK's exit from the EU cannot be renegotiated in future."

Thats not acceptable surely - to anyone...I think its an attempt to use the Benn Act to tie the WAB down for fear of a Tory majority after the next GE.

This handing over the terms and conditions was not part of the Benn Act - it was apparently merely to prevent a No Deal and to force an extension I don't believe such caveats have to be accpeted by default.

A Surrender Bill indeed by the looks of it.

Post Posted: Wed Nov 06, 2019 2:58 pm 
Manager
Manager

How long do you anticipate it will take to strike a new trade deal with the EU?

Post Posted: Thu Nov 14, 2019 10:21 am 
Manager
Manager

"Can you name a single country that has negotiated a comprehensive free trade deal with the EU in less than a year?"

I asked Michael Gove this question 3 times. He didn't name one. Instead he said people were being "sceptical" and it is "feasible" a deal will be done by Dec 2020

Daniel Hewitt ITV News.

Post Posted: Thu Nov 14, 2019 10:29 am 
Manager
Manager

knocker knowles wrote:
"Can you name a single country that has negotiated a comprehensive free trade deal with the EU in less than a year?"

I asked Michael Gove this question 3 times. He didn't name one. Instead he said people were being "sceptical" and it is "feasible" a deal will be done by Dec 2020

Daniel Hewitt ITV News.

Can you name one country that is already regulatory aligned with the EU that has tried it ?

Post Posted: Thu Nov 14, 2019 11:02 am 
Manager
Manager

suiging wrote:
knocker knowles wrote:

Daniel Hewitt ITV News.

Can you name one country that is already regulatory aligned with the EU that has tried it ?

I think when it comes to the UK its about picking apart and unravelling legislation with the EU.
My fear is Johnson is pretty clueless to whats likely to happen when he tries to cherry pick his way out.

He will be the small little trader against one of the three huge trading blocks.

At the mercy of those trading blocks and having to accept whats offered like a dog at a dining table.

This is the outcome which will have grave effects on many that will vote Tory in December.
They really are Turkeys voting for Christmas.

Post Posted: Thu Nov 14, 2019 2:03 pm 
Manager
Manager

knocker knowles wrote:
suiging wrote:
knocker knowles wrote:

Daniel Hewitt ITV News.

I think when it comes to the UK its about picking apart and unravelling legislation with the EU.
My fear is Johnson is pretty clueless to whats likely to happen when he tries to cherry pick his way out.

He will be the small little trader against one of the three huge trading blocks.

At the mercy of those trading blocks and having to accept whats offered like a dog at a dining table.

This is the outcome which will have grave effects on many that will vote Tory in December.
They really are Turkeys voting for Christmas.

As usual you've changed the narrative. You asked about naming countries that had completed a deal in 12 months. The answer is none, as none of the previous negotiations involved two parties with the same regulatory regime..You don't like the answer so you change the narrative. You are a true Corbynist

Post Posted: Fri Nov 15, 2019 9:34 am 
Manager
Manager

Daniel Hewitt ITV News.[/quote]

Can you name one country that is already regulatory aligned with the EU that has tried it ?[/quote]

They really are Turkeys voting for Christmas.[/quote]

As usual you've changed the narrative. You asked about naming countries that had completed a deal in 12 months. The answer is none, as none of the previous negotiations involved two parties with the same regulatory regime..You don't like the answer so you change the narrative. You are a true Corbynist[/quote]

It comes down to the key point.

THE TORIES WILL NOT BE ABLE TO DO A TRADE DEAL WITH THE EU WITHIN THE YEAR.

Under Johnson your looking at leaving with NO TRADE DEAL

From that the UK falls apart economically.

Post Posted: Fri Nov 15, 2019 10:03 am 
Manager
Manager

knocker knowles wrote:

Daniel Hewitt ITV News.

Can you name one country that is already regulatory aligned with the EU that has tried it ?[/quote]

They really are Turkeys voting for Christmas.[/quote]

As usual you've changed the narrative. You asked about naming countries that had completed a deal in 12 months. The answer is none, as none of the previous negotiations involved two parties with the same regulatory regime..You don't like the answer so you change the narrative. You are a true Corbynist[/quote]

It comes down to the key point.

THE TORIES WILL NOT BE ABLE TO DO A TRADE DEAL WITH THE EU WITHIN THE YEAR.

Under Johnson your looking at leaving with NO TRADE DEAL

From that the UK falls apart economically.[/quote]

Why not ?

Post Posted: Fri Nov 15, 2019 10:20 am 
Manager
Manager

That's Johnson speak.

He expects to do a quick trade deal with the EU.

This off the shelf quickie that you shove in the microwave.

Its bollocks of course, and he knows it.

But as long as he can sell this bollocks he can win an election.

The consequences come later

Post Posted: Fri Nov 15, 2019 10:56 am 
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

knocker knowles wrote:
That's Johnson speak.

He expects to do a quick trade deal with the EU.

This off the shelf quickie that you shove in the microwave.

Its bollocks of course, and he knows it.

But as long as he can sell this bollocks he can win an election.

The consequences come later

I respect that you have an opinion that it can't be done but I don't see any objective evidence to prove it.

Post Posted: Wed Dec 18, 2019 3:18 pm 
Manager
Manager

The EU member states should grant UK citizens living in Europe the full rights as they have today. Automatically. No ‘ifs and buts’ here either. Let's also come back to the idea of ‘European associated citizenship’ for UK citizens who want to keep their link with Europe.

Guy Verhofstadt

Post Posted: Wed Dec 18, 2019 5:15 pm 
Manager
Manager

knocker knowles wrote:
The EU member states should grant UK citizens living in Europe the full rights as they have today. Automatically. No ‘ifs and buts’ here either. Let's also come back to the idea of ‘European associated citizenship’ for UK citizens who want to keep their link with Europe.

Guy Verhofstadt

And so the negotiations finally begin.

Post Posted: Fri Dec 20, 2019 1:45 pm 
Manager
Manager

suiging wrote:
knocker knowles wrote:

Guy Verhofstadt

And so the negotiations finally begin.

With the Tories wanting them to be done away from public view and scrutiny.

Get to June and see if Johnson reaches for the panic button.

Post Posted: Sat Feb 01, 2020 3:38 am 
Tech-Head
Tech-Head

Happnin' Ya'll? How's that Brexshit party going?

Post Posted: Sat Feb 01, 2020 1:16 pm 
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

saint paddy wrote:

I've got a bit of a hangover, I think that Sturgeon woman must have put something in my drink.

Post Posted: Sun Feb 02, 2020 1:02 pm 
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Left back wrote:
saint paddy wrote:

I've got a bit of a hangover, I think that Sturgeon woman must have put something in my drink.

Apparently Sturgeon is now alleging that when she met Donald Trump he felt her cock?

Post Posted: Sun Feb 02, 2020 1:47 pm 
Manager
Manager

So, Brexit is done, now for JOCKEXIT.

Post Posted: Sun Feb 02, 2020 2:47 pm 
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Rozza wrote:
Left back wrote:
saint paddy wrote:

Apparently Sturgeon is now alleging that when she met Donald Trump he felt her cock?

:lol:

Post Posted: Sun Mar 01, 2020 8:18 am 
Manager
Manager

Significant numbers of migrants and refugees have gathered in large groups at the Greek-Turkish land border and have attempted to enter the country illegally. I want to be clear: no illegal entries into Greece will be tolerated. We are increasing our border security.

Greek Prime Minister.

Post Posted: Sun Mar 01, 2020 11:06 am 
Manager
Manager

knocker knowles wrote:
Significant numbers of migrants and refugees have gathered in large groups at the Greek-Turkish land border and have attempted to enter the country illegally. I want to be clear: no illegal entries into Greece will be tolerated. We are increasing our border security.

Greek Prime Minister.

The "Angel of the North" invited them all to come to Germany. She also said the EU would pay the Turk to look after them so they wouldn't come. Sad isn't it. Now, two and a half million of them in camps on the border intend to take up her offer ( and wait til the rest hear the borders open ) as she and her friends in Brussels haven't paid Mustafa, as they needed the money for Kinock's pension.

Good luck with this EU.

Post Posted: Mon Mar 02, 2020 12:32 pm 
Manager
Manager

The real work starts today.

Can this Government study detail. Doubt it.

Post Posted: Mon Sep 14, 2020 8:40 am 
Manager
Manager

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I0eqqxJE7aA&app=desktop

Just for you guys who think the EU are negotiating in good faith and a wish to uphold The Good Friday Agreement.

Post Posted: Wed Sep 16, 2020 6:58 pm 
Manager
Manager

suiging wrote:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I0eqqxJE7aA&app=desktop

Just for you guys who think the EU are negotiating in good faith and a wish to uphold The Good Friday Agreement.

yeah , I don't think the Good Friday Agreement is much to do with their real motives.

Post Posted: Thu Sep 17, 2020 8:10 pm 
Wolves Academy
Wolves Academy

As I recall it Boris agreed to trade a border in the Irish Sea for Northern Ireland to get a Brexit deal in principle he could sell to the public as oven ready just in time for the election cheerfully shafting his Unionist allies as he did so. No doubt backing himself to talk the EU into a free trade deal on his terms .
We knew exactly what we were signing and what the consequences were if there was no soft Brexit deal
It’s a treaty. We freely signed it. We should stick with it.

Post Posted: Thu Sep 17, 2020 9:05 pm 
Manager
Manager

raggedwolf wrote:
As I recall it Boris agreed to trade a border in the Irish Sea for Northern Ireland to get a Brexit deal in principle he could sell to the public as oven ready just in time for the election cheerfully shafting his Unionist allies as he did so. No doubt backing himself to talk the EU into a free trade deal on his terms .
We knew exactly what we were signing and what the consequences were if there was no soft Brexit deal
It’s a treaty. We freely signed it. We should stick with it.

Apart from the fact it was signed in January and the Election was in December.

What I dont get is this , if we have left the EU AND we don't get a 'free trade deal' (whatever that means) why do we need to adhere to anything?

Seriously why would we- the whole issue with Ireland has been abused by the EU from the get go , the only reason they used it was to further their cause in subverting the decision we made to leave.

If it helps to implement a trade deal then fair enough , if we donlt get one thats acceptable TO US , I have no issue with ignoring anything that threatens our sovreignty , and it will ...so fuck em -

and while Im at it fuck the USA they really piss me off ,they can stick their NORAID tendancies up Uncle Sams big fat hairy arse, who the fuck are they to discuss morals with us -wankers.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1802 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 57, 58, 59, 60, 61  Next

Board index » GENERAL CHAT » The news stand