Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » FORUM MANAGEMENT » Welcome to The Wolf




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 17 posts ] 

Share On:

Author Message
 Post Posted: Tue Aug 23, 2011 7:12 pm 
Offline
YTS
User avatar

Joined: Tue Aug 23, 2011 1:19 pm
Posts: 6
Location: JAPAN
Hello everyone. My name is Marie. Great start to the season! I've just joined the Forum and wanted to say hi :)

Well, it's not very long since I follow the Wolves yet. Actualy, I didn't know them until they promoted to Premier League...
It was my first ever English football game (Wolves v Liverpool 09/10 season) to watch at the stadium. I was a Uni student in Wales then.
The atomosphere in Molineux was amazing and the fans were friendly and kind to me. I fell in love with the Wolves very quickly.
Now I came back to Japan and unfortunately there are not many Wolves fan in Japan... so I'd love to talk to you a lot on the board here:)
Maybe my mission is to familiarise Wolves to people in Japan :lol: through my weblog. (written only in Japanese)
But I'm still new to Wolves, so I'm going to learn more about Wolves fc history. Is there any recommended book?

I live far away from Wolverhampton, but my love for Wolves is huge :D UTW!
Sorry for my english mistakes :oops:
P.S. about the picture on the left. I nitted it. He's a wolf. Not a BEAR :lol:


Top 
 Profile  
 
Share on Facebook Facebook Share on Twitter Twitter
 Post subject:
 Post Posted: Tue Aug 23, 2011 7:16 pm 
Offline
Manager
Manager
User avatar

Joined: Wed Feb 24, 2010 7:07 pm
Posts: 6234
Location: Manchester/Barrow-in-Furness
Welcome to the forum Marie!

Good to see our international fanbase growing!

Enjoy yourself!

Oh, and dont worry about your English, yours is actually better than most of the current posters!

_________________
2010 & 2011 Pre-Season Prediction League Champion
2011 Best Newcomer & Best Young Member


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
 Post Posted: Tue Aug 23, 2011 7:23 pm 
Offline
Manager
Manager
User avatar

Joined: Thu Feb 19, 2004 2:52 pm
Posts: 7893
Location: Stoke-on-Trent
Welcome to the forum Marie , enjoy you stay here with us all & happy posting ...

_________________
........." pain is temporary ".........


Image

.........." pride is forever " ..........

.....be loyal
.......be proud
.........be wolves


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
 Post Posted: Tue Aug 23, 2011 8:33 pm 
Offline
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jul 10, 2007 12:35 pm
Posts: 18997
Location: Perton
Welcome, good to see Wolves reaching out abroad too! Enjoy following them!

_________________
Image
Prediction League 2009-2010 Winner
Prediction League 2011-2012 Winner
Prediction League 2012-2013 Winner
World Cup 2014 Prediction League Winner


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
 Post Posted: Tue Aug 23, 2011 9:20 pm 
Offline
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Joined: Mon Feb 23, 2004 11:55 pm
Posts: 18238
Konnichiwa.

Domo, innit.

_________________
There is no substitute for hard work.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post Posted: Tue Aug 23, 2011 10:07 pm 
Offline
Prediction League Winner 2016/17
Prediction League Winner 2016/17
User avatar

Joined: Fri Mar 16, 2007 4:33 pm
Posts: 11894
Location: Wolverhampton
MolineuxRose wrote:
Hello everyone. My name is Marie. Great start to the season! I've just joined the Forum and wanted to say hi :)

Well, it's not very long since I follow the Wolves yet. Actualy, I didn't know them until they promoted to Premier League...
It was my first ever English football game (Wolves v Liverpool 09/10 season) to watch at the stadium. I was a Uni student in Wales then.
The atomosphere in Molineux was amazing and the fans were friendly and kind to me. I fell in love with the Wolves very quickly.
Now I came back to Japan and unfortunately there are not many Wolves fan in Japan... so I'd love to talk to you a lot on the board here:)
Maybe my mission is to familiarise Wolves to people in Japan :lol: through my weblog. (written only in Japanese)
But I'm still new to Wolves, so I'm going to learn more about Wolves fc history. Is there any recommended book?

I live far away from Wolverhampton, but my love for Wolves is huge :D UTW!
Sorry for my english mistakes :oops:
P.S. about the picture on the left. I nitted it. He's a wolf. Not a BEAR :lol:


Welcome to the-wolf Marie. 8)

I am a quarter japanese myself. My grandmother, who's maiden name is Nakamoto, comes from the island Etajima in Hiroshima bay.

She met my grandfather (originally from Low Hill) whilst he was serving with the british army over there.

She was crossing the water over to the mainland, to go to school, the morning the yanks dropped the atom bomb. :shock:

Her three sisters have all since died from cancer, thankfully Keiko (my nan) is okay, she's 82 now bless her. Is there a link who knows? :(

Back to football, one of her nephews is a huge football fan and regularly attends Sanfrecce Hiroshima games. He is also a member of their "Bad Boys" supporters club, founded in 1993.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/v/g7dleUe3Bjo[/youtube]

Before my grandparent's last visit to japan in 2000, I gave her my Wolves shirt to give to him.

He in turn gave me his Hiroshima shirt which I treasure to this day.

Former Wolves players Scott McGarvey (1984 loan from Manchester United), Don Goodman and Steve Corica all had spells there.

Wolverhampton born Stuart Baxter was also manager from 1992-94.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sanfrecce_Hiroshima

Enjoy the forum! :D

_________________
Image

Forever in my Heart, Mum. 26/06/58 ~ 16/03/12.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
 Post Posted: Wed Aug 24, 2011 1:44 pm 
Offline
The Whippet
The Whippet
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jan 12, 2007 12:11 am
Posts: 6975
Hi in Nippon.


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
 Post Posted: Wed Aug 24, 2011 4:27 pm 
Offline
YTS
User avatar

Joined: Tue Aug 23, 2011 1:19 pm
Posts: 6
Location: JAPAN
Thank you all for the welcome comments :)
Flynn, Muz: Not many fans in Japan yet, but I'm sure more will come!

Rozza: You know some Japanese words! Konnichiwa(Hello) Domo(Thanks)

Wolvesforever_1979: I've been to Hiroshima once. Your grandmother and her family must have had very hard time...
I didn't know that many wolves related players linked to Sanfrecce! thanks for the info.

STOKIE, The Whippet: Thank you for welcome comment!


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
 Post Posted: Wed Aug 24, 2011 5:04 pm 
Offline
Manager
Manager
User avatar

Joined: Sat Jan 10, 2009 8:40 pm
Posts: 6244
Location: Walsall
Welcome


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
 Post Posted: Wed Aug 24, 2011 6:05 pm 
Offline
Manager
Manager

Joined: Fri Mar 16, 2007 6:45 pm
Posts: 7313
Location: Wolves
Welcome along


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
 Post Posted: Wed Aug 24, 2011 6:21 pm 
Offline
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
User avatar

Joined: Sat Sep 13, 2008 5:24 pm
Posts: 14567
Location: My mind's eye
welcome

_________________
Say no to hoof!!!


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
 Post Posted: Wed Aug 24, 2011 9:59 pm 
Offline
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
User avatar

Joined: Thu Feb 19, 2004 9:45 pm
Posts: 16915
Location: Shell Corner, Blackheath, Dudley, Black Country, England. :-)
Welcome to the forum. :D

_________________
Full Metal Jackett!!




Image


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
 Post Posted: Wed Aug 24, 2011 10:02 pm 
Offline
Manager
Manager

Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2007 2:53 pm
Posts: 5703
Location: Cannock
MolineuxRose wrote:
Thank you all for the welcome comments :)
Flynn, Muz: Not many fans in Japan yet, but I'm sure more will come!

Rozza: You know some Japanese words! Konnichiwa(Hello) Domo(Thanks)

Wolvesforever_1979: I've been to Hiroshima once. Your grandmother and her family must have had very hard time...
I didn't know that many wolves related players linked to Sanfrecce! thanks for the info.

STOKIE, The Whippet: Thank you for welcome comment!


Hello :smt039

I always thought that arigato was Japanese for thank you? I'm devastated that 50% of my knowledge of the Japanese language has been incorrect all along :(


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
 Post Posted: Wed Aug 24, 2011 10:20 pm 
Offline
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
User avatar

Joined: Sat Sep 13, 2008 5:24 pm
Posts: 14567
Location: My mind's eye
carly88 wrote:
MolineuxRose wrote:
Thank you all for the welcome comments :)
Flynn, Muz: Not many fans in Japan yet, but I'm sure more will come!

Rozza: You know some Japanese words! Konnichiwa(Hello) Domo(Thanks)

Wolvesforever_1979: I've been to Hiroshima once. Your grandmother and her family must have had very hard time...
I didn't know that many wolves related players linked to Sanfrecce! thanks for the info.

STOKIE, The Whippet: Thank you for welcome comment!


Hello :smt039

I always thought that arigato was Japanese for thank you? I'm devastated that 50% of my knowledge of the Japanese language has been incorrect all along :(


It does mean thank you, Domo Arigato, my favourite Japanese word is Kunoichi :wink:

_________________
Say no to hoof!!!


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
 Post Posted: Thu Aug 25, 2011 4:15 pm 
Offline
YTS
User avatar

Joined: Tue Aug 23, 2011 1:19 pm
Posts: 6
Location: JAPAN
No worries Carly88 your Japanese is collect :) "Domo" has more casual meaning.
Ironfistedmonk Kunoichi! I thought Ninja is more popular one :lol:


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
 Post Posted: Thu Aug 25, 2011 10:27 pm 
Offline
Manager
Manager

Joined: Wed Jun 11, 2008 8:08 pm
Posts: 4645
Location: lucca
hi marie and welcome.

_________________
'They heard me singing and they told me to stop.Quit these pretentious things and just punch the clock'


Top 
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
 Post Posted: Wed Aug 31, 2011 2:27 am 
Offline
Manager
Manager
User avatar

Joined: Sat Sep 23, 2006 4:02 am
Posts: 5836
Location: Wolverhampton
Hi Marie. Welcome to the board.
I really like the wolf that you knitted. I love creativity and it shows how much you already love the Wolves.
I couldn't read your blog but, I did like the pictures :)

_________________
SkySports...believe in shitter !


Top 
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
 
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 17 posts ] 

Board index » FORUM MANAGEMENT » Welcome to The Wolf


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest

 
 

 
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  

The Wolf will always be free to its members, but if you feel you would like to contribute towards the running costs, than please feel free to donate.

 

 

Disclaimer : This forum is for the general discussion/topic of Wolverhampton Wanderers. What is said within the forum is personal opinions, and The Wolf will not be held responsible. Your ip is logged for security reasons. The forum is viewable by the public and any topics you disclose/discuss can be viewed by the public. Some topics on this forum may only be suitable for those aged 18+.

cron