Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » FORUM MANAGEMENT » Forum Problems and messages to the mods

Share On:

Post subject: Threads
 Post Posted: Sat Mar 08, 2014 12:47 pm 
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Good morning, sorry to be a nuisance but there appears to be the same thread in both Wolves Chat and Football sections. It is the one entitled, "Full dossier and background check". Would it be possible to merge them?

Thank you

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=trRKBAmir50

Share on Facebook Facebook Share on Twitter Twitter
 Post subject: Re: Threads
 Post Posted: Sat Mar 08, 2014 11:06 pm 
Manager
Manager

FrankMunro-371 wrote:
Good morning, sorry to be a nuisance but there appears to be the same thread in both Wolves Chat and Football sections. It is the one entitled, "Full dossier and background check". Would it be possible to merge them?

Thank you

I may be wrong as I haven't checked, but my guess is that a MOD with a blue flashing light moved it from Wolves Chat to Football Chat and then moved it back again. Confusing ay it, but that is the life of a MOD on here trying to do his/her best and not upsetting the apple cart aka, 'where has my fookin thread gone, you barsteward Nazi MOD' etc. Eventually, the former thread where it once was located (if you're still following me) will, when you open it, say moved and take you to its current location. Think Star Trek and being beamed around the Forum without actually realising it and bollox like that. :wink:

Mark Twain

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCl3PabIYDTl_WqVc4Aitv_g

https://twitter.com/wolf_moscow

Post Posted: Sun Mar 09, 2014 12:58 am 
Manager
Manager

Moscow Wolf wrote:
FrankMunro-371 wrote:

Thank you

I may be wrong as I haven't checked, but my guess is that a MOD with a blue flashing light moved it from Wolves Chat to Football Chat and then moved it back again. Confusing ay it, but that is the life of a MOD on here trying to do his/her best and not upsetting the apple cart aka, 'where has my fookin thread gone, you barsteward Nazi MOD' etc. Eventually, the former thread where it once was located (if you're still following me) will, when you open it, say moved and take you to its current location. Think Star Trek and being beamed around the Forum without actually realising it and bollox like that. :wink:

No, I moved it back myself because i thought it had relevance to future Wolves signings.
And was a thread that could be developed over the summer as and when Wolves alongside others become linked to some of those players.
You see it pre emps various posters, just adding a thread saying is so and so out of contract this summer, which just adds space.

When you consider the lack of moderation that goes on, with three or four posts on the some/same theme it seemed silly moderation.

You dont get many mods these days, Roz mostly does it himself, and he's probably off next week at the hosses.

Maybe time for a mods election, there are few candidates though.

Post Posted: Sun Mar 09, 2014 12:23 pm 
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

knocker knowles wrote:
Moscow Wolf wrote:
FrankMunro-371 wrote:

Thank you

No, I moved it back myself because i thought it had relevance to future Wolves signings.
And was a thread that could be developed over the summer as and when Wolves alongside others become linked to some of those players.
You see it pre emps various posters, just adding a thread saying is so and so out of contract this summer, which just adds space.

When you consider the lack of moderation that goes on, with three or four posts on the some/same theme it seemed silly moderation.

You dont get many mods these days, Roz mostly does it himself, and he's probably off next week at the hosses.

Maybe time for a mods election, there are few candidates though.

Vote for Knocker if you want to be confined to intellectually challenging posts.

Post Posted: Sun Mar 09, 2014 12:52 pm 
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

FrankMunro-371 wrote:

Thank you

Frank, may I clarify a few points and add a smidgen of opinion.

Threads cannot be merged.They can be edited, locked or even deleted by Mods, but not merged.When Mods use the tools they are given to amend threads, you either become a Mod Nazi, a twat, or an eclectic mix of both.
We rather ask the poster to use a little decorum and or discretion when pressing the submit button.This works by and large, unfortunately we have no defence against the poster who is utterly determined to impart his or her views on the assembled fucktards, in the altruistic hope that said fucktards become enlightened and empowered by the coruscating brilliance of the text.

Couple of things knocker, I may know nothing about football, I may even know nothing about anything really, one thing I do know is this board.
A poster can, in a few short threads and comments, go from being Harry Stottle one minute and Hairy Arsehole the next. I will leave you to check your easting and northing as to in which location you currently sit.

As for your current views on Mr Back,I can assure you that if it was not for the support both literally and financially that Mr Back has given the site over the years there would be no fence here for him to sit on at all, not even a string of pailins.
I cor believe I am saying this as Mr Back has used his own vehicle to drive me to places like Distraction, and Upthewall over the years without heed to petrol money, but without posters like Mr Back this site would be blank.

You are bang on the money when you say I am off to the hosses next wick, I only hope that I am on the money too.
So play nice and good luck with any future elections :wink:

Post Posted: Sun Mar 09, 2014 1:36 pm 
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Rozza wrote:
FrankMunro-371 wrote:

Thank you

Frank, may I clarify a few points and add a smidgen of opinion.

Threads cannot be merged.They can be edited, locked or even deleted by Mods, but not merged.When Mods use the tools they are given to amend threads, you either become a Mod Nazi, a twat, or an eclectic mix of both.
We rather ask the poster to use a little decorum and or discretion when pressing the submit button.This works by and large, unfortunately we have no defence against the poster who is utterly determined to impart his or her views on the assembled fucktards, in the altruistic hope that said fucktards become enlightened and empowered by the coruscating brilliance of the text.

Couple of things knocker, I may know nothing about football, I may even know nothing about anything really, one thing I do know is this board.
A poster can, in a few short threads and comments, go from being Harry Stottle one minute and Hairy Arsehole the next. I will leave you to check your easting and northing as to in which location you currently sit.

As for your current views on Mr Back,I can assure you that if it was not for the support both literally and financially that Mr Back has given the site over the years there would be no fence here for him to sit on at all, not even a string of pailins.
I cor believe I am saying this as Mr Back has used his own vehicle to drive me to places like Distraction, and Upthewall over the years without heed to petrol money, but without posters like Mr Back this site would be blank.

You are bang on the money when you say I am off to the hosses next wick, I only hope that I am on the money too.
So play nice and good luck with any future elections :wink:

I am both astounded and speechless (almost) but thank you for your words and good luck for the coming week.

Post Posted: Sun Mar 09, 2014 2:39 pm 
Manager
Manager

I'm well aware Rozz, dont for a moment think i just write stuff on impulse or in the heat of the moment.
Mostly everything I write and you can quote me on that is measured to gain the required response.

Even planting a thread in Wolves chat that i knew would be moved.

You should know the real agenda here, pay attention lad, even to the timing of you off to the hosses next week.
Who you got lined up in moderation, its going to be a busy week as a few hand grenades will be thrown.
Today, i keep my powder dry and examine the detail.

You running the show now Rozz, no elections, not very democratic are you?

Post Posted: Sun Mar 09, 2014 3:25 pm 
Manager
Manager

The thread that should be moved around a lot thread.

I was looking at 250 views by last night, then 300 by close of play today.

Beaten that now, its a part study in human mindsets, fixed or able to see more than one point of view.

What we seem to have within that thread is a love of soap opera, rather than real content.

Its that train crash fixation, keep looking in case they miss something.
Meanwhile its a nice study in who writes what and also those that leave well alone.

Post Posted: Sun Mar 09, 2014 4:42 pm 
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

knocker knowles wrote:

I'm well aware Rozz, dont for a moment think i just write stuff on impulse or in the heat of the moment.
Mostly everything I write and you can quote me on that is measured to gain the required response.

Even planting a thread in Wolves chat that i knew would be moved.

You should know the real agenda here, pay attention lad, even to the timing of you off to the hosses next week.
Who you got lined up in moderation, its going to be a busy week as a few hand grenades will be thrown.
Today, i keep my powder dry and examine the detail.

You running the show now Rozz, no elections, not very democratic are you?

:lol: kinell. you couldn't mek it up. Infamy, infamy,...... and so on and so forth

Post Posted: Sun Mar 09, 2014 5:35 pm 
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

It would have been a great idea by Knocker if only for one second I believed it was a deliberate tactic by him.

Post Posted: Sun Mar 09, 2014 7:03 pm 
Most Successful Thrush Thrasher

Left back wrote:

I am both astounded and speechless (almost) but thank you for your words and good luck for the coming week.

Rozza can make most folk feel a bit touched....

Post Posted: Sun Mar 09, 2014 7:05 pm 
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

nuttymate wrote:
Left back wrote:

Rozza can make most folk feel a bit touched....

I bet he can. Nudge Nudge Wink Wink.

Post Posted: Mon Mar 10, 2014 8:05 am 
Manager
Manager

Thank you[/quote]

I may be wrong as I haven't checked, but my guess is that a MOD with a blue flashing light moved it from Wolves Chat to Football Chat and then moved it back again. Confusing ay it, but that is the life of a MOD on here trying to do his/her best and not upsetting the apple cart aka, 'where has my fookin thread gone, you barsteward Nazi MOD' etc. Eventually, the former thread where it once was located (if you're still following me) will, when you open it, say moved and take you to its current location. Think Star Trek and being beamed around the Forum without actually realising it and bollox like that. :wink:[/quote]

Maybe time for a mods election, there are few candidates though.[/quote]

Vote for Knocker if you want to be confined to intellectually challenging posts.[/quote]

No room for you then, where would you go the numpty forum for schoolgirls?

Post Posted: Mon Mar 10, 2014 9:12 am 
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Threads can be merged, I was going to do it when I saw the double post but it disappeared. Assumed another mod Nazi had done it 8)

Post Posted: Mon Mar 10, 2014 9:32 am 
Manager
Manager

Cally wrote:
Threads can be merged, I was going to do it when I saw the double post but it disappeared. Assumed another mod Nazi had done it 8)

Some threads can develop in different places, and should be allowed to do so.

Post Posted: Mon Mar 10, 2014 1:36 pm 
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

knocker knowles wrote:
Cally wrote:

...OK...

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

Post Posted: Mon Mar 10, 2014 2:06 pm 
Manager
Manager

Cally wrote:
knocker knowles wrote:
Cally wrote:

...OK...

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

it not that I want to have a baby, but I want the right to have a baby...

www.vwcaddy.com

Post Posted: Mon Mar 10, 2014 8:39 pm 
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

whelp wrote:
it not that I want to have a baby, but I want the right to have a baby...

I reckon you will make money out of it if you do.

Post Posted: Mon Mar 10, 2014 8:45 pm 
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

knocker knowles wrote:

No room for you then, where would you go the numpty forum for schoolgirls?

Ooh! You cut me to the quick Knocker.

Post Posted: Mon Mar 10, 2014 9:52 pm 
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Sorry, I seemed to have started an argument. I can assure folk that was not my intention.

Post Posted: Tue Mar 11, 2014 9:17 am 
Manager
Manager

FrankMunro-371 wrote:
Sorry, I seemed to have started an argument. I can assure folk that was not my intention.

Compared with some of the arguments I have read and sometimes been a party too on here over the years, this is nothing more than a storm in a teacup. :wink: :lol:

Merging threads is a delicate operation unless you're a computer nerd. I tried to do it once many moons ago and lost both of the two I tried to merge which from memory required a lot of copying and pasting into a new thread with quotes of who posted what, but for the simple mistake of pressing the wrong button at the wrong time, I lost the lot. Imagine the moaning and flack I had to endure for losing those 30 posts or more contained in two threads. :lol:

My personal opinion and one that I am going to share is that if I were the Head Honcho here (and I never will be) then, I would get my MODS together and discuss which sub-forums ought to be culled or moved into retired threads. Again, my opinion, but I feel the board is too sprawling for the small number of active posters it has now; why have a large stadium for a few fans when you can get more atmosphere sticking them all in one end of the ground kind of thinking.

As for being a MOD on here, it is a thankless task at the best of times and you don't usually volunteer, you get press-ganged. I don't know WHO might do it better or has the time and motivation nowadays to do anything more than is already being done. Just my 10 Bulgarian Stotinki's worth.

Mark Twain

Post Posted: Tue Mar 11, 2014 9:42 am 
Manager
Manager

Moscow Wolf wrote:
FrankMunro-371 wrote:

Compared with some of the arguments I have read and sometimes been a party too on here over the years, this is nothing more than a storm in a teacup. :wink: :lol:

Merging threads is a delicate operation unless you're a computer nerd. I tried to do it once many moons ago and lost both of the two I tried to merge which from memory required a lot of copying and pasting into a new thread with quotes of who posted what, but for the simple mistake of pressing the wrong button at the wrong time, I lost the lot. Imagine the moaning and flack I had to endure for losing those 30 posts or more contained in two threads. :lol:

My personal opinion and one that I am going to share is that if I were the Head Honcho here (and I never will be) then, I would get my MODS together and discuss which sub-forums ought to be culled or moved into retired threads. Again, my opinion, but I feel the board is too sprawling for the small number of active posters it has now; why have a large stadium for a few fans when you can get more atmosphere sticking them all in one end of the ground kind of thinking.

As for being a MOD on here, it is a thankless task at the best of times and you don't usually volunteer, you get press-ganged. I don't know WHO might do it better or has the time and motivation nowadays to do anything more than is already being done. Just my 10 Bulgarian Stotinki's worth.

What people perceive to be an attack on Ducks is nothing of the sort, its a multi layered attempt at self awareness in the written form. For everyone.
Its about members who can't be arsed to write but are just takers who only read.
its also the rebellion within me that looks for positive change looking perhaps two years on with forum evolution.
I hate closed shops, and many good writers developed this forum only to see it now reduced to its knees through IMO a terrible decision to prevent easy viewing.

Believe me i wouldn't have a pop at the vulnerable, not a chance, in fact Ducks post was pretty good.
Would i support him to become a moderator, yep, that part of the overall picture, the wider one.
Its about balanced minds that can hold their owns and others opinions at the same time. Its about the hatred of fixed mindsets.

Will i have regrets about writing stuff that maybe goes over that unwritten line, you bet/not a chance.
Select one for yourself, your can't fear what others think.

Post Posted: Tue Mar 11, 2014 10:38 am 
Manager
Manager

knocker knowles wrote:
Moscow Wolf wrote:
FrankMunro-371 wrote:

What people perceive to be an attack on Ducks is nothing of the sort, its a multi layered attempt at self awareness in the written form. For everyone.
Its about members who can't be arsed to write but are just takers who only read.
its also the rebellion within me that looks for positive change looking perhaps two years on with forum evolution.

I hate closed shops, and many good writers developed this forum only to see it now reduced to its knees through IMO a terrible decision to prevent easy viewing.

Believe me i wouldn't have a pop at the vulnerable, not a chance, in fact Ducks post was pretty good.
Would i support him to become a moderator, yep, that part of the overall picture, the wider one.
Its about balanced minds that can hold their owns and others opinions at the same time. Its about the hatred of fixed mindsets.

Will i have regrets about writing stuff that maybe goes over that unwritten line, you bet/not a chance.
Select one for yourself, your can't fear what others think.

I do not know about you, but when I first found the Wolves OS Message Board, I was scared to post as I thought that I would get my head ripped off. I spent ages reading and judging when and what to say. I used to get very upset at Internet verbal abuse albeit, when someone (another Wolves fan) is threatening to break your spine in open forums, it makes you wonder if it is worth the effort.

Many years down the line and with thousands of posts under my belt, I still sometimes have to remind myself that this and other forums are only words I can read on a computer screen and I recall MOLI once saying to me, that 'it is only words and no fist is going to come out of the screen and punch your face.' :lol:

However, reasoned debate even feisty debate is acceptable when you have a valid point or argument as long as one is prepared to read/listen to other's point(s) of view and even if you don't agree with them, at least try to understand why they are thinking differently to my/your own view. It doesn't matter where I go nowadays to read topical subjects that the comments at the bottom of the article is mainly comprised of posters calling each other fuckwits and numpties just because they cannot agree on their differing opinions of a debate or argument.

Same goes for folk that only read and don't post - perhaps they don't find the thread stimulating enough to warrant a response or, perhaps they feel they have nothing to add and don't wish to just add a 'what he/she said' response. Or, perhaps they see us as a Closed Shop for a small group of Members and feel themselves alienated, I couldn't say, but I cannot see how anyone ought to be slated for not posting a response.

As for Forum development 2 years down the line, with the current financial burden of running this site, who knows whether or not we will still be here in two years time and if you have some Life Saving ideas then, I think you should at least air them in this sub-forum under a separate title - it will at least give us something else to discuss and debate whilst the team is gaining a League title and be a welcome distraction from slagging off the 2M's. :wink:

Mark Twain

Post Posted: Tue Mar 11, 2014 12:44 pm 
Manager
Manager

If you are working on something exciting that you really care about, you don't have to be pushed. The vision pulls you. – Steve Jobs

Post Posted: Wed Mar 12, 2014 11:09 pm 
Wolves Reserve
Wolves Reserve

Moscow Wolf wrote:

I do not know about you, but when I first found the Wolves OS Message Board, I was scared to post as I thought that I would get my head ripped off. I spent ages reading and judging when and what to say. I used to get very upset at Internet verbal abuse albeit, when someone (another Wolves fan) is threatening to break your spine in open forums, it makes you wonder if it is worth the effort.

Many years down the line and with thousands of posts under my belt, I still sometimes have to remind myself that this and other forums are only words I can read on a computer screen and I recall MOLI once saying to me, that 'it is only words and no fist is going to come out of the screen and punch your face.' :lol:

However, reasoned debate even feisty debate is acceptable when you have a valid point or argument as long as one is prepared to read/listen to other's point(s) of view and even if you don't agree with them, at least try to understand why they are thinking differently to my/your own view. It doesn't matter where I go nowadays to read topical subjects that the comments at the bottom of the article is mainly comprised of posters calling each other fuckwits and numpties just because they cannot agree on their differing opinions of a debate or argument.

Same goes for folk that only read and don't post - perhaps they don't find the thread stimulating enough to warrant a response or, perhaps they feel they have nothing to add and don't wish to just add a 'what he/she said' response. Or, perhaps they see us as a Closed Shop for a small group of Members and feel themselves alienated, I couldn't say, but I cannot see how anyone ought to be slated for not posting a response.

As for Forum development 2 years down the line, with the current financial burden of running this site, who knows whether or not we will still be here in two years time and if you have some Life Saving ideas then, I think you should at least air them in this sub-forum under a separate title - it will at least give us something else to discuss and debate whilst the team is gaining a League title and be a welcome distraction from slagging off the 2M's. :wink:

I think that is an absolute fantastic review of forum life-forum spotting. I know when first joined the OS I posted bugger all, probably due to being here there and everywhere. When I did post it was only because of a baggie fan ' The President' very good articulate poster IMO, I was the self proclaimed 'Vice-President' .....I never knew him/her and he/she never knew me, can't recall any grief.

So my point is, take the plunge and post, I've deposited more crap on this site than there is in 'Brecon Waste Water Treatment Works' and believe me that's full of shit ( I think, I don't actually know)

Post Posted: Sun Aug 10, 2014 10:28 am 
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Good morning. I have started a thread dedicated to managerial changes during the course of the season. I hope that is ok, as I thought it might be a good idea to keep such things in one place.

Post Posted: Sun Aug 10, 2014 11:10 am 
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

FrankMunro-371 wrote:
Good morning. I have started a thread dedicated to managerial changes during the course of the season. I hope that is ok, as I thought it might be a good idea to keep such things in one place.

Definitely, I can see it being really useful just like Muss's contracts thread in Wolves Chat. Made it a sticky :-D

Post Posted: Fri Aug 29, 2014 10:12 am 
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

I started a " manager sacked, hired thread", hoping we could keep such things in one place. There is now a new thread entitled "sacked." Could one of the moderators kindly merge them?

Thank you.

Post Posted: Fri Aug 29, 2014 11:52 am 
A Right Bastard Admin
A Right Bastard Admin

Done :wink:

Post Posted: Fri Aug 29, 2014 12:24 pm 
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

FrankMunro-371 wrote:
I started a " manager sacked, hired thread", hoping we could keep such things in one place. There is now a new thread entitled "sacked." Could one of the moderators kindly merge them?

Thank you.

You miss the point Frank, the Sacked thread was a piss take, it was intended for a bit of mirth at Mr Back and my expense. It was funny and well directed and did not really belong in the bigger thread.
I suppose you had to be there really.

Board index » FORUM MANAGEMENT » Forum Problems and messages to the mods